Windows 10: Xbox beta "the data area passed to a system call is too small"

Discus and support Xbox beta "the data area passed to a system call is too small" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my game pass to ultimate, to be able to play for example football manager 2019 on my PC. I upgraded windows 10 to 1903 to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tompahawk, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Tompahawk Win User

Xbox beta "the data area passed to a system call is too small"

I upgraded my game pass to ultimate, to be able to play for example football manager 2019 on my PC. I upgraded windows 10 to 1903 to be able to download the xbox beta app. But I can't start the app. I get an error message that ends with "the data area passed to a system call is too small"

Same thing happens with Football Manager 2019 and a few other games and apps from tge store. But some games work, like Sea of thieves and ARK for example. I have two PC's and it's the same on both. Anyone have a solution or having the same issue?

Thankful for help, because I've run out of ideas.

:)

Tompahawk, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Ralph San Win User

The data area passed to a system call is too small

Hi Steve,

"The data area passed to a system call is too small" error message can be caused by certain system configuration parameters. To give you a heads up, problems involving SQL servers has it's own dedicated forum. However, you may try to follow the instructions
    provided on the support article below on how to resolve this problem:

FIX: "The data area passed to a system call is too small" error
    when you start a Desktop Bridge application on a SQL Server 2014, 2016, and 2017

If the issue persist after performing the steps on the above link, it'll be best if you redirect this query to the
    Windows Technet forums - IT Pro for Windows 10, as the audience in that forum is
    more geared towards the ins and outs of SQL servers related problems. Hence, they will be better to provide more answers to your query.

Best regards.

Ralph San, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Docwan Win User
    The Data Area Passed to a System Call is too Small

I installed TurboTax 2018, then when I went to run it the second time, I get "The Data Area passed to a System Call is too Small".... what does this mean, and how do I fix it ?

Docwan, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Rich147 Win User

The data area passed to a system call is too small

Hi

I've recently installed windows 10. Whenever I try to open a jpeg file I get the following message:

"The data area passed to a system call is too small".

Any ideas please?

Rich147, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox beta "the data area passed to a system call is too small" - Similar Threads - Xbox beta data

2. Error 0x8007007A,, "the data area passed to a system call is too small"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x8007007A,, "the data area passed to a system call is too small": I am running Windows 11 on an HP desktop PC, all current updates installed. I am trying to copy files to an SSD external storage, My Passport, but I keep getting error 0x8007007A, "the data area passed to a system call is too small". The file names and paths are not long. The...
  3. "The data area passed to a system call is too small OneDrive"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The data area passed to a system call is too small OneDrive": I have migrated a client to one drive for business.The path and filename is 250 characters long, when i open the file I get the following error: "The data area passed to a system call is too small OneDrive".when i move the file to the root folder of one drive it opens.Anyone...
  4. Error: The data area passed to a system call is too small

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: The data area passed to a system call is too small: Hello, I'm running the newest Windows 10 update, but I have been having this problem off and on for months when I try to open shared files on OneDrive or files saved to my computer. A file that was opening without issue hours before will suddenly have this error: "the data...
  5. the data area passed to a system call is too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    the data area passed to a system call is too small: the data area passed to a system call is too small ... it is happened to any file that i wanna be intall any exe Flie i cannt install any thing from the internet or from anywhere. and the windows update too . the issue is anywere in exe. files . i wanna help please about this...
  6. HELP: The data area passed to a system call is too small

HELP: The data area passed to a system call is too small: I am unable to run Turbo Tax, nor a few other programs. The system gives no error, just displays "The data area passed to a system call is too small". HELP...
  7. The Data Area Passed to a System Call is too Small

The Data Area Passed to a System Call is too Small: I installed TurboTax 2018, then when I went to run it the second time, I get "The Data Area passed to a System Call is too Small".... what does this mean, and how do I fix it ?...
  8. the data area passed to a system call is too small

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the data area passed to a system call is too small: I had got "the data area passed to a system call is too small" msg a while … now that I can't use some app like skype, line. I don't know how to fix it.. also since that problem I failed to update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" via window update many times it...
  9. the data area passed to a system call is too small -- skypebridge.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    the data area passed to a system call is too small -- skypebridge.exe: Does anyone know how to get rid of this error? Happens when I first start the laptop Randomly happens during using other applications too. Not tied to anything specific. The only applications I have downloaded on this laptop are visual studio enterprise and sql server...
  10. The data area passed to a system call is too small

The data area passed to a system call is too small: When I try and run an App installed from the Windows store I get this error. There is no option other than OK. Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit. Dell Precision i5-7440HQ, 32Gb RAM. Apps that fail with this error: Video Editor (VideoProjectsLauncher.exe) iTunes (iTunes.exe)...