Windows 10: Xbox captures only capturing on windows fullscreen

Discus and support Xbox captures only capturing on windows fullscreen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently built my pc and I play fortnite on it. I started to capture things using the WIN+ALT+G short-key and everything captured fine. Until one day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoeTenempaguay, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Xbox captures only capturing on windows fullscreen

I recently built my pc and I play fortnite on it. I started to capture things using the WIN+ALT+G short-key and everything captured fine. Until one day i captured something and it was frozen but i could still hear the audio. I thought it was a one time thing so i ignored it. I captures something else and it was once again frozen but i could hear the gameplay. I looked up solutions to this problem but i noticed that the captures only work on windows fullscreen mode. I want to be able to capture things on FULLSCREEN not on windows fulllscreen. I already tried talking to a microsoft asisstant through this site but they did not respond after i answered their question. Please help me.

:)

JoeTenempaguay, Mar 8, 2020

2. TPU Capture

Great tool, fantastic. http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/search.php?q=tpucapture

For all those that dont know TPU Capture... its a screenshot tool that allows fullscreen or selected box screen capture... WITH automatic upload to TPU server. It saves a lot of steps. Great. Recommended.

BUGS

1./ TPU Capture can only capture Screen 1. It cannot capture 2nd screen (or more)
    2./ If TPU Capture window is moved to the second screen, then at some point the PC has only one screen, ie. not connected, disabled, etc. The TPU Capture window is "lost in space". It is not coming back to what screen real-estate actually exists. This may occur with resolution changes also.

Hope bugs can be fixed, but even with bugs its very useful utility *Toast :toast:

lemonadesoda, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Screen capture

I could not find screen capture window in Xbox. Where to find out Screen capture utility in windows10? Kindly give step by step help.

shrikanttillu, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Xbox captures only capturing on windows fullscreen

Printscreen won't 'capture' in fullscreen mode

I too am having this problem, except that both ways of taking screenshots (PrtScr and Win+PrtScr) don't work in fullscreen mode. But when I use Win+PrtScr then leave fullscreen mode, the screen darkens like it's taking a screenshot, and it does, just not
    of what I was trying to capture. Instead it captures the screen as it's leaving fullscreen mode. And attempting to capture a screenshot any other way causes it to freeze, which I then have to close my laptop, wait a minute for it to catch up and go into sleep
    mode entirely, then wake it up and sign back in to unfreeze it.

Hopefully we can both find an answer to this, as searching for it online appears to be of no help.

MikeRaughley, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Xbox captures only capturing on windows fullscreen

1. Xbox captures only capturing on windows fullscreen - Similar Threads - Xbox captures capturing

2. Xbox captures default folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox captures default folder: I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?...
  3. Xbox bar capture not working

Xbox bar capture not working: So I have been trying using this Xbox capture, but I just can't press it when I open the capture GUI. I even tried pressing windows+G, windows+alt+R. Yet nothing worked, I just want to record my gameplays and piano vids.I'm using windows 11...
  4. Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing: When I hit the replay capture on the Xbox game bar, my mic is not getting picked up. is there a way to pick it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-replay-capture-mic-not-capturing/72c3686e-c41f-4252-be37-6849ab7c4596
  5. Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing

Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing: When I hit the replay capture on the Xbox game bar, my mic is not getting picked up. is there a way to pick it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-replay-capture-mic-not-capturing/72c3686e-c41f-4252-be37-6849ab7c4596
  6. Xbox game bar capture does not capture games in fullscreen (audio is captured, but screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game bar capture does not capture games in fullscreen (audio is captured, but screen...: So I used to play this one game in windowed mode and my clips would record fine (not sure if it makes a difference, but i use the short cut Win+G to clip) But ever since i switched to playing fullscreen my captures are just full black with no video, but there is audio from...
  7. Xbox gamebar capture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox gamebar capture: Hey I recently started using the screen capture feature on my laptop for gameplay. But I'm seeing that some don't record all the way, they record audio but have a black screen on them. Is there any way that I can save that file from having a black screen and also prevent it...
  8. Changing the location of Xbox captures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the location of Xbox captures: So I wanted to change the location of my captures folder to somewhere else and accidentally changed it to "C:\Users\<username>\Videos". So I lost the "C:\Users\<username>\Videos\Captures" folder and can't relocate it anymore because of that. My captures go straight into...
  9. xbox game bar capturing

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox game bar capturing: This is a pretty niche problem, but whenever i use the capturing feature of game bar using 'win + alt + g' shortcut the file names end up being really long and not very coherent. Is there a way to change what the file names are upon saving because I make a lot of captures...
  10. Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures: I have followed several tutorials to "move" the captures folder. But the problem is, I don't have one. This is where it has been pointing: [img] I am kind of at a loss, since all the help I have currently seen has shown how to move the existing captures folder. Thanks!...