Windows 10: Xbox companion and gamebar mute all non-chat audio when in a party.

Discus and support Xbox companion and gamebar mute all non-chat audio when in a party. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On my windows 10 pc with my airpods connected, whenever I'm in a party with other people we can hear each other perfectly fine however all other audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blackopalhands, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Xbox companion and gamebar mute all non-chat audio when in a party.

On my windows 10 pc with my airpods connected, whenever I'm in a party with other people we can hear each other perfectly fine however all other audio is muted on my PC. How can I rectify this?

submitted by /u/blackopalhands
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blackopalhands, Mar 29, 2021

2. Microphone not working on Xbox companion app

Hello, my microphone is having trouble on the xbox gamebar and companion app. Nobody can hear me, but I can hear everyone. I set my recording device both in the audio settings for the xbox gamebar, and in the sound control panel as the default device for
    sound and communication. My microphone works fine on everything else, including discord and every game that uses a mic. My privacy settings allow everything to use my microphone, and there is no third party apps muting me.

ComputerCharger, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Xbox Party Chat

I've not been able to connect to party chats on the new Xbox App on PC (Win 10) since ever, and the Xbox Companion App has stopped working in regards to party chat. I've been using my phone, however that app keeps crashing and I'm not able to use any sort
    of comms with my team. Any potential fixes?

A Lonely Mac, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Anubis520 Win User

Xbox companion and gamebar mute all non-chat audio when in a party.

Xbox gamebar Party audio output through wrong device.

I have a headphones and a tv set up as a second monitor. The game and all other programs automatically use the headphones unless I change it to the tv (for speakers). Xbox Party chat however is the only one that refuses to play nice. I've set the headphones
    to default, changed the audio output in xbox game bar party chat to the headphones but still nothing. I tried to disable the tv as an audio device but then I just have no audio from party chat at all. has anyone figured out a way to fix this issue?

Anubis520, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Xbox companion and gamebar mute all non-chat audio when in a party.

1. Xbox companion and gamebar mute all non-chat audio when in a party. - Similar Threads - Xbox companion gamebar

2. Xbox gamebar mutes my mic when I record with audio set to record all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox gamebar mutes my mic when I record with audio set to record all: I have read someone else's question having the exact same problem from back in 2021 on windows 10 here but I have tried what was suggested in the thread and had no success. looking at my recordings it seems like the problem started on December 19th 2022 because I have 2...
  3. No audio once in Xbox party chat PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio once in Xbox party chat PC: When i try to join a party through the Xbox app i can no longer hear the game or any sound from the computer? Anyone know how to fix this? This has been a constant issue for a very long time and Microsoft is refusing to fix it. The internet is littered with millions having...
  4. No audio once in Xbox party chat PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio once in Xbox party chat PC: When i try to join a party through the Xbox app i can no longer hear the game or any sound from the computer? Anyone know how to fix this? This has been a constant issue for a very long time and Microsoft is refusing to fix it. The internet is littered with millions having...
  5. No audio once in Xbox party chat PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?: My Xbox Gamebar party chat voice is broken. Every time i load up a party and try to talk my voice sounds all robotic and its not mic as ive tried with other headsets and they all work on discord and other app just not Gamebar? Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I've tried...
  7. My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?

My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?: My Xbox Gamebar party chat voice is broken. Every time i load up a party and try to talk my voice sounds all robotic and its not mic as ive tried with other headsets and they all work on discord and other app just not Gamebar? Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I've tried...
  8. Xbox Party Chat

Xbox Party Chat: I've not been able to connect to party chats on the new Xbox App on PC Win 10 since ever, and the Xbox Companion App has stopped working in regards to party chat. I've been using my phone, however that app keeps crashing and I'm not able to use any sort of comms with my team....
  9. Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Companion App party chat not working?: Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I join the party (or they join my party), I can't hear them and they can't hear me. When I speak into my microphone, I can see...
  10. xbox companion app and xbox game bar party chat not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox companion app and xbox game bar party chat not working: I have been using the xbox companion app on pc to play modern warfare with friends who play on xbox (love the crossplay). However recently whenever i try to join a party or invite people to a party we can't connect. My NAT is open and network is good. It literally just...