Windows 10: Xbox Companion App and Game Bar Issues

Discus and support Xbox Companion App and Game Bar Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've always had trouble with the new game bar such as it crashing when joining a party. Now, this issue is the same with the companion app. Every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by garyKiel, Nov 22, 2019.

1. garyKiel Win User

Xbox Companion App and Game Bar Issues

I've always had trouble with the new game bar such as it crashing when joining a party. Now, this issue is the same with the companion app. Every time I join a party, it crashes without an error code. Even if i were to start a party, it would still crash. I've done everything i can, redownloading, updating graphics drivers, updating windows and the app, and terminating, repairing, and resetting the entire app with windows settings.

:)

garyKiel, Nov 22, 2019

2. Xbox Game Bar

My run down to fix my specific problem went as follows.

(Will include the accident)

So I ran the powershell as admin, ran the command to uninstall the xbox app.

Didn't work

Ran it again, but accidentally ran two powershells simultaneously with the same command and it removed my xbox-PC authentication program thing as well as my console companion logging me out of my xbox PC (Beta)

So I got my settings back to what I initially had them at (Just turned on my FPS counter)

Ran powershell + command string 1 singular time, rebooted my PC and reinstalled the xbox app/accessory apps. Before launching my game I opened the win+G game bar and opened my performance tab and clicked the little ziggy line option button since it's not a
    gear wheel Idk what to call it, a slider lines?

Anywhoo, unchecked FPS counter to remove it from the performance tab (I had previously tried when you first showed me the powershell trick) but this time after following the steps of

Windows Powershell Admin ran the string below

Get-AppxPackage *xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage

Rebooted PC

Reinstalled game bar and the companion app as well as my xbox-PC login software.

Opened up my game bar before launching my game

took FPS counter off of my performance monitor via setting check list.

Game is now gudd, thank you Greg.

MattDank3eyes, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Xbox Companion App and Game Bar Issues

Cannot open Xbox App game bar

Hi Jamie,

Issues with saving your video clips or using the Game bar on Windows 10 are possibly caused by an outdated Xbox app or a corrupted folder on Windows Explorer. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you move your saved video clips to another folder within
    the PC. The next saved videos will automatically go to the new folder.

If the issue persists, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to manually update it by following the steps below:

To reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

To update the Xbox App:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

You can also sign in to another use to isolate if there is an issue with your profile.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Xbox Companion App and Game Bar Issues

1. Xbox Companion App and Game Bar Issues - Similar Threads - Xbox Companion App

2. Moving Xbox Game Bar captures to Xbox companion app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Xbox Game Bar captures to Xbox companion app Windows 10: Hi everyone, I’m having a hard time figuring out how to move game bar captures on my windows 10 pc to the Xbox mobile application so I can view my captures on the go. I download games through Steam, and often use the Win+Alt+G command to record the last 30 seconds of play....
  3. Xbox app, Xbox Console Companion issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app, Xbox Console Companion issues: Hello all! I am not able to sign into the Xbox app as the sign in button does not work. No matter what sign in buttons I press, it does not let me sign in. I tried using the Xbox Console Companion but it just keeps loading and loading. I tried resetting both of these apps...
  4. Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion App Issues

Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion App Issues: I just got a new pc a few days ago and I have been trying to be able to talk in xbox party chat. I first downloaded the xbox app beta and it lets me use the app normally but when I try and join/start a party, my mic does not work and a few seconds later I get kicked. This...
  5. Game bar/Console Companion Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar/Console Companion Issues: I have 2 issues, I am going to split this question in half to address each one separately and then go through what I have done to try to fix: 1. Both the gamebar and console companion will sporatically at least once per day get stuck connecting to a party and will not allow...
  6. Windows 10 Party Chat not working in Xbox companion app, Xbox Game Bar, or Xbox beta app.

Windows 10 Party Chat not working in Xbox companion app, Xbox Game Bar, or Xbox beta app.: I am unable to hear anyone in xbox party chat, and they cannot hear me. I have tried using Xbox companion app, Xbox beta app, AND the xbox game bar. I can hear and speak with people in Discord, CoD MW 2019 and Sea of Thieves. I have tried every output and input combo, the...
  7. Xbox companion app mic issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox companion app mic issues: So when i plug my mic in my pc it sounds fine in discord and other apps but then in when i used it in the xbox app my friends just hear a noise that sounds like air blowing in the mic ive tried a few stuff to fix it but none have work anyone know any fixes....
  8. Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.

Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.: Both apps do not work audio wise. Mic gives the greyed ring like its working but people in party chat cannot hear me nor can I hear them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-companion-app-and-xbox-game-bar/ce820732-2b70-447c-841c-b887311442f0
  9. xbox companion app and xbox game bar party chat not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox companion app and xbox game bar party chat not working: I have been using the xbox companion app on pc to play modern warfare with friends who play on xbox (love the crossplay). However recently whenever i try to join a party or invite people to a party we can't connect. My NAT is open and network is good. It literally just...
  10. Game Bar and Xbox Companion Network bug

Game Bar and Xbox Companion Network bug: [ATTACH] This is what I get the first time I check Networking in the Game Bar or Xbox App settings. Then, the 2nd and each consecutive check it's fine: [ATTACH] If I close the Xbox App or Game Bar settings, then reopen them to check Networking again, the first check gives...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. There’s a problem with Xbox Console Companion. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it.