Windows 10: Xbox companion app locking up computer system

Discus and support Xbox companion app locking up computer system in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is really getting annoying now everytime I join a party and try to do something else, it starts to lock up the entire system. It's only the xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DUB7030, Apr 30, 2020.

1. DUB7030 Win User

Xbox companion app locking up computer system

This is really getting annoying now everytime I join a party and try to do something else, it starts to lock up the entire system. It's only the xbox companion app that's causing it, everything else works flawlessly. Can anyone help?

:)

DUB7030, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app renamed to Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10

The Xbox app has been renamed to Xbox Console Companion starting with version 48.54.3003.0 for Windows 10.

From What's new:

"Pardon our dust. This app is being renamed to Xbox Console Companion to be a dedicated app for your Xbox console's features and settings. A new desktop experience is coming soon!"

Xbox companion app locking up computer system [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app renamed to Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10

The Xbox app has been renamed to Xbox Console Companion starting with version 48.54.3003.0 for Windows 10.

From What's new:

"Pardon our dust. This app is being renamed to Xbox Console Companion to be a dedicated app for your Xbox console's features and settings. A new desktop experience is coming soon!"

Brink, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Xbox companion app locking up computer system

Xbox Dev Mode Companion freezes / hangs

Hello MCorgano,

Having a corrupted app file is one of the common reasons why Xbox Dev Mode Companion freezes when using it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to verify the following:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Dev Mode Companion?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with your other app?

In the meantime, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Xbox companion app locking up computer system

1. Xbox companion app locking up computer system - Similar Threads - Xbox companion app

2. Xbox Console Companion app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion app: The Xbox Console Companion XCC is now longer usable since Microsoft wants you to use the Xbox App. However, you cannot upload custom gamerpics with the Xbox App for Windows 10, you could with XCC. I am asking for the Uploading of custom gamerpics feature be added to the Xbox...
  3. Xbox Console Companion app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Console Companion app: The Xbox Console Companion XCC is now longer usable since Microsoft wants you to use the Xbox App. However, you cannot upload custom gamerpics with the Xbox App for Windows 10, you could with XCC. I am asking for the Uploading of custom gamerpics feature be added to the Xbox...
  4. Xbox companion app

in Cortana
    Xbox companion app: how to open the xbox companion app from search run command? pls i need answers fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-companion-app/2da320e6-df16-4ccc-aa25-bf7e57c36ff5
  5. Xbox Companion App Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Companion App Not Working: This question Revolves around the Xbox Companion App for pc, not the Xbox App. Just to make that clear since they are two different apps. So, roughly 3 months ago I started having issues with the companion app. First it wouldn't let me sign in, kept buffering. Now,...
  6. Microphone not picking up on the Xbox Companion App

Microphone not picking up on the Xbox Companion App: Recently updated my OS Windows 10 and for some reason it always messes up my sound/mic settings. However within a few minutes I have everything up to par. Mic works on TeamSpeak, Discord, Skype, etc. Except on the xbox app via windows 10. Sounds settings, checked. Microphone...
  7. Xbox Companion App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Companion App: I'm having an issue with the streaming function. After I downloaded everything I needed and set things up, made sure all the boxes were checked to enable my pc to detect and stream from my xbox one, it worked once. Afterwards, nothing. Nothing I do is making the stream...
  8. Xbox Companion App Offline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Companion App Offline: The app permanently displays me as offline no matter what I do and it prevents people from being able to join on me. If anyone has any fixes or ideas theyd be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Kiferus [link] [comments]...
  9. xbox console companion app

xbox console companion app: honestly im a little disappointed im not allowed to download apps first of all im on my school computer and the app makes you re-download all your games it would be cool to see my games already there instead of re-downloading all my apps and risk getting my laptop getting...
  10. Xbox Companion App

Xbox Companion App: The Xbox companion app opens then immediately closes with no message. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I am on a brand new computer with all windows updates complete....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i download xbox companion app