Windows 10: Xbox Companion App Not Passing Through Mic to Game Chat

Discus and support Xbox Companion App Not Passing Through Mic to Game Chat in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Background: I'm trying to get an adequate setup to stream my Xbox to Twitch from my PC without using a physical capture card. I almost have everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spence10873, May 29, 2020.

1. Xbox Companion App Not Passing Through Mic to Game Chat

Background: I'm trying to get an adequate setup to stream my Xbox to Twitch from my PC without using a physical capture card. I almost have everything I want. So far I've only been streaming COD MW and mostly been playing with friends on Xbox/PC. In this situation, we're joined to an Xbox Party for chat. I join using the Xbox Companion app, stream my Xbox to the Companion app, and with the use of the right cords/adapters and Voicemeeter Banana i'm able to make it so that I hear the Xbox audio and PC audio in the same headset. From there, I use Streamlabs OBS to capture one display that has the Companion app full screen, while using another display to play the Xbox directly. This situation works out great.

Where I have issues is when we start playing with one of our friends that is on PS4. COD MW is cross-platform, which is nice, but this means we have to switch to game chat. This is when I found out that even though my PC mic (3.5mm) is working in the Companion app, my Xbox does not receive the mic at all. It does not register at all in game chat, and even trying to send a voice message to someone in the Xbox menu doesn't work. What I end up doing is using a secondary controller to plug my stereo headset adapter into to get game audio, and plugging a pair of earbuds (the only other 3.5mm mic I have) into the controller I'm using to play. This allows me to hear and speak in game chat, but makes it so that my PC isn't receiving the game chat at all. I've tried clicking the mute/unmute button in the top of the Companion app, and I'm not able to find any other posts on Reddit or elsewhere of people describing this issue. I know I should probably just go get some additional hardware to make this work better, but I'm really hoping someone can help make this work as is. I feel I have to be missing something easy.

TL;DR PC mic is not working for game chat when streaming Xbox to Companion app

submitted by /u/Spence10873
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spence10873, May 29, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox Game Pass: July New Games Xbox

Hello @BitSkrieg, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

*Arrow Xbox Game Pass FAQs | Start Your Free Trial | Xbox

Brink, May 29, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass in July Xbox

Source: Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Dead Rising 4, and More - Xbox Wire

Brink, May 29, 2020
  4. Xbox Companion App Not Passing Through Mic to Game Chat

Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), May 29, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Companion App Not Passing Through Mic to Game Chat

1. Xbox Companion App Not Passing Through Mic to Game Chat - Similar Threads - Xbox Companion App

2. Game chat on Xbox app will not connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game chat on Xbox app will not connect: I have tried port forwarding turning the firewall of literally everything I can think of. The Xbox app isn’t the only place I have the issue COD Warzone has my nat type as moderate and I can’t use game chat the only thing that I have been able to use voice on successfully is...
  3. I don't receive game/voice chat invites in Xbox Beta, Xbox Companion and Xbox Companions...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I don't receive game/voice chat invites in Xbox Beta, Xbox Companion and Xbox Companions...: I play a couple of Xbox games on my PC with my friends who are on Xbox, Example Sea of Thieves. Through the apps in the title everything is working fine except i don't receive game/voice chat invites. I get messages, new followers ect... its literally just game/voice chat...
  4. Windows 10 Party Chat not working in Xbox companion app, Xbox Game Bar, or Xbox beta app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Party Chat not working in Xbox companion app, Xbox Game Bar, or Xbox beta app.: I am unable to hear anyone in xbox party chat, and they cannot hear me. I have tried using Xbox companion app, Xbox beta app, AND the xbox game bar. I can hear and speak with people in Discord, CoD MW 2019 and Sea of Thieves. I have tried every output and input combo, the...
  5. Xbox companion app mic issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox companion app mic issues: So when i plug my mic in my pc it sounds fine in discord and other apps but then in when i used it in the xbox app my friends just hear a noise that sounds like air blowing in the mic ive tried a few stuff to fix it but none have work anyone know any fixes....
  6. Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

Xbox Companion App party chat not working?: Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I join the party (or they join my party), I can't hear them and they can't hear me. When I speak into my microphone, I can see...
  7. Xbox Companion App

Xbox Companion App: I'm having an issue with the streaming function. After I downloaded everything I needed and set things up, made sure all the boxes were checked to enable my pc to detect and stream from my xbox one, it worked once. Afterwards, nothing. Nothing I do is making the stream...
  8. Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.

Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.: Both apps do not work audio wise. Mic gives the greyed ring like its working but people in party chat cannot hear me nor can I hear them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-companion-app-and-xbox-game-bar/ce820732-2b70-447c-841c-b887311442f0
  9. xbox companion app and xbox game bar party chat not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox companion app and xbox game bar party chat not working: I have been using the xbox companion app on pc to play modern warfare with friends who play on xbox (love the crossplay). However recently whenever i try to join a party or invite people to a party we can't connect. My NAT is open and network is good. It literally just...
  10. Xbox Companion App

Xbox Companion App: The Xbox companion app opens then immediately closes with no message. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I am on a brand new computer with all windows updates complete....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox companion app wont use mic for streaming