Windows 10: Xbox companion app not working

Discus and support Xbox companion app not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Never had a problem until I removed Adobe Flash Player. Now can't open program. Removed and reinstalled program, but same result. Opens with just a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheAttackMan, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Xbox companion app not working

Never had a problem until I removed Adobe Flash Player. Now can't open program. Removed and reinstalled program, but same result. Opens with just a spinning wheel symbol.

:)

TheAttackMan, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app renamed to Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10

The Xbox app has been renamed to Xbox Console Companion starting with version 48.54.3003.0 for Windows 10.

From What's new:

"Pardon our dust. This app is being renamed to Xbox Console Companion to be a dedicated app for your Xbox console's features and settings. A new desktop experience is coming soon!"

Xbox companion app not working [​IMG]

Brink, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app renamed to Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10

The Xbox app has been renamed to Xbox Console Companion starting with version 48.54.3003.0 for Windows 10.

From What's new:

"Pardon our dust. This app is being renamed to Xbox Console Companion to be a dedicated app for your Xbox console's features and settings. A new desktop experience is coming soon!"

Brink, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Xbox companion app not working

Xbox Companion App Error 406

Applies to: Windows 10

Sometimes the Xbox Companion App will not work as is intended to work, and may provide you with an error message/error code. This is a good place to start when troubleshooting. If you have tried launching the Xbox Companion App and get an error 406, this
    indicates that a package needed for the App to run is corrupt or missing.

To resolve this problem, please follow the steps outlined in this article.

Beware: You are going to be using Windows PowerShell. If you are
    not comfortable using Windows PowerShell, please ask someone who is and knows what they are doing. Windows PowerShell allows you to change your computer settings, and is a command line interface.

Opening Windows PowerShell in Admin Mode

We are going to have to open Windows PowerShell with Administrator privileges. To do this, please click onto search/Cortana on your Taskbar

Xbox companion app not working 26b3b98e-010e-4b53-951b-793e713da192?upload=true.png

Cortana is the search bar, or icon, next to start - Mine is highlighted in yellow to show you.

After you have clicked onto this icon, please type Windows PowerShell into the search bar. You will be provided a list of results as shown underneath

Xbox companion app not working 3285a46f-0026-4740-86ec-cbd1852e163c?upload=true.png

Please click onto 'run as Administrator'. This is highlighted in yellow on the image above. You will be asked to provide your administrator credentials.

If you have already signed into your administrator account, you will be presented with a dialog box asking you if you that PowerShell wants to make changes to your computer. Please click yes.

You will notice PowerShell open on your screen as System32 or System64 (Depending on your bit system, 32 bit or 64 bit)

Xbox companion app not working 00451f71-7c55-4299-ac64-7a7cad82d2d5?upload=true.png

Now your ready to move onto the next step.

Removing the Xbox Companion App packages from your device

Now PowerShell is open as Administrator. You are going to have to type, or copy and paste, the following commands to remove the store packages and Xbox Companion App packages. After each command, press enter to execute them.

• The first command is: Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • The second command is: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

Once these commands have been executed on your computer. Please restart your computer for these changes to take effect. After you have restarted the computer, please move onto the next step.

Adding the packages again

You will need to open Windows PowerShell again, in Administrator mode. Once you have opened Windows PowerShell, please type (Or copy and paste) the following command and press enter.

• Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

You will notice some red text within PowerShell. Don't worry about this. This happens when it is adding files that are on your computer already and because they are already there, Windows can't overwrite these files again.

Hopefully you found this article informative. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to suggest improvements in the comment section. You can follow me on Twitter @SunkNath

Related Articles

Troublshoot
    Error (0x409) 0x80070422 on Xbox App
    | Unable
    to Connect the Xbox One in the Xbox App

Still needing help. Ask a question on the Microsoft Community

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Xbox companion app not working

1. Xbox companion app not working - Similar Threads - Xbox companion app

2. Xbox Console Companion app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion app: The Xbox Console Companion XCC is now longer usable since Microsoft wants you to use the Xbox App. However, you cannot upload custom gamerpics with the Xbox App for Windows 10, you could with XCC. I am asking for the Uploading of custom gamerpics feature be added to the Xbox...
  3. Xbox companion app

in Cortana
    Xbox companion app: how to open the xbox companion app from search run command? pls i need answers fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-companion-app/2da320e6-df16-4ccc-aa25-bf7e57c36ff5
  4. Xbox Companion App Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Companion App Not Working: This question Revolves around the Xbox Companion App for pc, not the Xbox App. Just to make that clear since they are two different apps. So, roughly 3 months ago I started having issues with the companion app. First it wouldn't let me sign in, kept buffering. Now,...
  5. Microphone not working on Xbox companion app

Microphone not working on Xbox companion app: Hello, my microphone is having trouble on the xbox gamebar and companion app. Nobody can hear me, but I can hear everyone. I set my recording device both in the audio settings for the xbox gamebar, and in the sound control panel as the default device for sound and...
  6. Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Companion App party chat not working?: Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I join the party (or they join my party), I can't hear them and they can't hear me. When I speak into my microphone, I can see...
  7. xbox companion app party not working

xbox companion app party not working: on the xbox companion app when I create my own party and other people join I'm able to hear them and they can hear me, but when I join their parties it will be say that me and all other people in the party are connecting. I just got my pc so I'm not sure how to fix it, can...
  8. Xbox Companion App

Xbox Companion App: I'm having an issue with the streaming function. After I downloaded everything I needed and set things up, made sure all the boxes were checked to enable my pc to detect and stream from my xbox one, it worked once. Afterwards, nothing. Nothing I do is making the stream...
  9. Xbox Companion App Offline

Xbox Companion App Offline: The app permanently displays me as offline no matter what I do and it prevents people from being able to join on me. If anyone has any fixes or ideas theyd be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Kiferus [link] [comments]...
  10. Xbox Companion App

Xbox Companion App: The Xbox companion app opens then immediately closes with no message. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I am on a brand new computer with all windows updates complete....