Windows 10: Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

Discus and support Xbox Companion App party chat not working? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NinjaFatGuy, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I join the party (or they join my party), I can't hear them and they can't hear me. When I speak into my microphone, I can see the party chat flare light up, so the Xbox app is picking up my mic (but I can't see their flare when they speak). I'm using a split 3.5mm jack with an Astro A10 headset.

My mic works fine on Discord and other services, but for some reason the Xbox Companion app isn't working. I've tried changing the audio settings both on the Xbox app and Windows to other devices, made sure my privacy settings allowed my mic to be used on the Xbox app, hard resetting the Xbox app, restarting my PC, plugging my headset/mic out and back in, messed around with my mic settings on Windows and the Game Bar. For some reason, my microphone, specifically in an Xbox One party chat using the Xbox Companion app, doesn't seem to work.

Both the Xbox app and Windows is up to date. Like I said before, the party chat is picking up my mic evidenced by the flare when I speak, but my friends can't hear me and I can't hear them. I've looked up and tried almost every troubleshoot option online and nothing is working, and it's driving me mad. It used to work on my old PC, and I just got a brand new PC yesterday as of posting this and now the problem occurs. Anyone else having this issue? Anybody know how to fix it? Please help!

submitted by /u/NinjaFatGuy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NinjaFatGuy, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Windows 10 xbox app party chat not working.

Hi Noah,

For us to better isolate this issue, kindly provide us the following information below:

• Can you tell us if you're using a child account?
    • May I know if you were able to join party chat on another computer while using the same account?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you try using another Xbox account in the Xbox app and check if you will be able to join party chat. This will help us to determine if the issue is within the app or on the account that you're using.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Feb 17, 2020
  3. xbox companion app and xbox game bar party chat not working

I have been using the xbox companion app on pc to play modern warfare with friends who play on xbox (love the crossplay). However recently whenever i try to join a party or invite people to a party we can't connect. My NAT is open and network is good.
    It literally just stopped working. I have messed with firewalls and every other tip i can find online but nothing is working.

the xbox game bar has the same issue as well

Also my xbox works just fine and i have no issues getting into a party. This just seems to be a pc issue.

Any help would be great, thank you.

ImSofaKingWeToddDid, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

Xbox app crashing when ever I'm in party chat

Hi Tim,

There are several reasons why the Xbox app crashes while you are in a Party chat. It is possible that the app is corrupted or due to certain messages in your inbox. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you delete the Xbox Live messages in your inbox,
    then log out and log in again to your profile to refresh it. It is recommended that you restart the app and try to send messages again via Party chat.

If the issue persists, update the Xbox app manually by uninstalling and reinstalling it.

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell  in the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

1. Xbox Companion App party chat not working? - Similar Threads - Xbox Companion App

2. Xbox Party Chat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Party Chat: I've not been able to connect to party chats on the new Xbox App on PC Win 10 since ever, and the Xbox Companion App has stopped working in regards to party chat. I've been using my phone, however that app keeps crashing and I'm not able to use any sort of comms with my team....
  3. Can't start a party in the Xbox Companion App.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't start a party in the Xbox Companion App.: The error message I get says "We can't connect to Xbox Live right now - the service might be down. [0x800706BE]" I know the service isn't down because everything checks out on my actual Xbox and my laptop. It's just my desktop that has issues with the Xbox App. I've tried...
  4. Windows 10 Party Chat not working in Xbox companion app, Xbox Game Bar, or Xbox beta app.

Windows 10 Party Chat not working in Xbox companion app, Xbox Game Bar, or Xbox beta app.: I am unable to hear anyone in xbox party chat, and they cannot hear me. I have tried using Xbox companion app, Xbox beta app, AND the xbox game bar. I can hear and speak with people in Discord, CoD MW 2019 and Sea of Thieves. I have tried every output and input combo, the...
  5. xbox companion app party not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox companion app party not working: on the xbox companion app when I create my own party and other people join I'm able to hear them and they can hear me, but when I join their parties it will be say that me and all other people in the party are connecting. I just got my pc so I'm not sure how to fix it, can...
  6. Xbox Console Companion App: Party Chat issue. Constant Static Sound?

Xbox Console Companion App: Party Chat issue. Constant Static Sound?: Whenever I try to get into a party with my friends on Xbox Console Companion, they tell me that they're hearing a constant "ear-rape" static sound from my end. They can still hear me talk, my mic is just constantly also broadcasting static. I've tried to find fixes on the...
  7. xbox companion app and xbox game bar party chat not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox companion app and xbox game bar party chat not working: I have been using the xbox companion app on pc to play modern warfare with friends who play on xbox (love the crossplay). However recently whenever i try to join a party or invite people to a party we can't connect. My NAT is open and network is good. It literally just...
  8. Xbox Party chat not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Party chat not working: Whenever i join i party on my xbox app i can talk and everything works but if i click off of my xbox app voice chat stops working and i cant hear anyone and they cant hear me unless i exit my game and click back onto the app (i am not minimizing the app or closing it, i am...
  9. Xbox app party chat issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox app party chat issues.: For about a month or so, my headset has started to create an echo for my friends and they can hear what I'm playing on my computer. (they can hear themselves talk and music I play over my headphones, not the other way round) We checked other apps like discord and skype and...
  10. Windows 10 xbox app party chat not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 xbox app party chat not working.: I just recently got a new desktop pc and for some reason whenever I try and use the xbox apps party chat I can't connect to anyone's parties. The big mystery is that there isn't an error code I simply won't join. My nat type is open and I can create a party just fine but when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox companion app party chat not working

2. windows 10 xbox party chat not working

3. xbox party chat on pc not working

4. xbox companion app not working pc party chat,
  5. xbox app party chat not working iphone,
  6. xbox companion app cant hear party chat,
  7. cant use party chat on console companion,
  8. cant hear party members xbox companion windows 10,
  9. xbox app party chat not working,
  10. xbox companion app party chat update,
  11. parties not working xbox one pc console companion,
  12. xbox companion party chat not working pc,
  13. Look up on the web why can I not join the Xbox party from Xbox companion app,
  14. how to fix your xbox console companion voice chat,
  15. xbox companion app pc not working