Windows 10: Xbox Console Companion Not Giving Party or Game Invites

Discus and support Xbox Console Companion Not Giving Party or Game Invites in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I get an invite to a party or game, the notification does not show up and I cannot join the party, but I do get the notification on my phone. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bestbear, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Bestbear Win User

Xbox Console Companion Not Giving Party or Game Invites

When I get an invite to a party or game, the notification does not show up and I cannot join the party, but I do get the notification on my phone. In the Xbox notification settings, the setting for party and game invites does not appear. It would be much appreciated if I could get help solving this problem thanks.

:)

Bestbear, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app renamed to Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10

The Xbox app has been renamed to Xbox Console Companion starting with version 48.54.3003.0 for Windows 10.

From What's new:

"Pardon our dust. This app is being renamed to Xbox Console Companion to be a dedicated app for your Xbox console's features and settings. A new desktop experience is coming soon!"

Xbox Console Companion Not Giving Party or Game Invites [​IMG]

Brink, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Xbox Console Companion app link shows in Desktop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It could be due to Display drivers, I suggest you to try updating the Display drivers and check if the problem persists. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Drivers.

4. Restart the computer if prompted.

Article for reference: Update drivers in Windows 10.

Alternatively, you can also try resetting the Xbox Console Companion application and check if that removes the link. Please refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Repair apps and programs from the article
    Repair or remove programs in Windows 10

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Xbox Console Companion Not Giving Party or Game Invites

Xbox App now changed it's name to Xbox Console Companion

Hey there, folk!

If your new here, welcome to the Microsoft community forms!

Some of you have probably realised that the Xbox App has changed its name to Xbox Companion App. It does the same thing as the Xbox App, but there are some new features!

They have changed the name so it fits into how the App will be used in the future. The App will be a one stop place to customise the consoles features and settings right from your Windows or mobile device.

More features and settings are set to follow in the near future for this app. However you do need to be running the latest versions of Windows.

Logo has changed

The Logo used to be a picture of the Xbox Icon. Now the logo has changed to a picture of a console as seen in the image underneath

Xbox Console Companion Not Giving Party or Game Invites 2b4b4e8f-a839-4303-959b-479260536ea0?upload=true.png

Group Messages have been removed from the App

You will no longer be able to send group messages in the app. However, you will be able to send group messages on your Xbox console and from the Windows game bar when you press Start key & R together.

You can still message people from within the App and through the Windows Game bar.

Voice messaging on the App on mobile devices

You will now be able to send and receive voice messages through your Xbox Console Companion App on your IOS and Android device. This is a new feature that has been implemented to make it easier for you to send and receive messages with your friends on Xbox.

My old messages have been removed!

Yes, when the App was updated, old messages have been removed. Xbox did send an announcement via Xbox Message about these changes.

I hope this information is useful to you. If you have any feedback regarding the Xbox Companion App, please post them at https://xbox.uservoice.com or through the feedback app on Windows.

Happy Gaming!

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Xbox Console Companion Not Giving Party or Game Invites

1. Xbox Console Companion Not Giving Party or Game Invites - Similar Threads - Xbox Console Companion

2. Xbox console companion party glitch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox console companion party glitch: So I have a glitch. I have 2 PCs. I can use the Xbox apps fine but the other one doesn’t work. When I go into a party, everything’s silent and then it gives me a error message. I looked it up and it’s something about like sandbox or something? Idk. Anyone have this glitch or...
  3. Xbox console companion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox console companion: My xbox app just randomly uninstalled and i keep trying to reinstall it in the microsoft store and it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-console-companion/bbdcdd1b-03f3-4ce1-a928-b0ff55357585
  4. Xbox console companion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox console companion: Hi everyone I used to be using Microsoft console companion to stream my X1S display on my laptop, but I bought Game Pass Ultimate and the Companion recommended me to download the Xbox app as I did. But the progress stuck for 2 hours and didn't move so I closed it. On one of...
  5. xbox console companion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox console companion: i have tried litteraly everthing from command prompts to uninstalling to rebooting everything that people hvae suggested and i still cant join a party when i try to join a party i can heard my friend for a few seconds then t hey cut out...
  6. Xbox Console Companion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xbox Console Companion: Whenever I try to install the Xbox Console Companion app I keep getting an error saying that it can't be installed. I've tried everything it's just the app it self won't install. My internet is fine but, the installer just keeps saying "Couldn't install. We'll try again...
  7. Can't invite/join xbox parties through the console companion app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't invite/join xbox parties through the console companion app: It worked fine until a little while ago. I send an invite, my friend gets it but im not in the party. If i click a join invite, it loads it then i end up not being connected. why is this happening? It worked once when i reinstalled the companion app but then proceeded to...
  8. Xbox Console Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Console Companion: CAN'T SIGN INTO Xbox Console Companion WINDOWS 10 HOME INTEL 8 CORE 3.0 GHZ 64 GIGS OF RAM 3500 NVME 1 TB 512 GIGS NVME 3500 READ 1TB SSD 2 - 8TB SEAGATE HDD...
  9. Not Receiving Party or Game Invites on the Windows 10 Xbox Console companion app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Receiving Party or Game Invites on the Windows 10 Xbox Console companion app: I am on windows 10 and use the Xbox Console Companion app. when I get an invite to a party or game, the notification does not show up and I cannot join the party, but I do get the notification on my phone. In the Xbox notification settings, the setting for party and game...
  10. Xbox Console Companion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Console Companion: I have a problem with this link, its displayed onscreen at the start up page almost dead center. I can not click it or delete it, its on there when I go onto other programs, internet, or gaming. Please help!!???!! [IMG]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox console companion parties not working

2. how to accept party invite pc xbox

3. xbox companion app wond send a party

4. xbox companion app wont show invites,
  5. xbox game app doesnt show party invites,
  6. how to accept party invites on xbox companion,
  7. xbox console companion it wont show my party invites,
  8. why do i not recieve xbox party invites through xbox app on pc,
  9. how to accept game invites on xbox companion,
  10. xbox game bar unable to accept game invites,
  11. how to accept invites on pc from xbox,
  12. how do I accept an invite on xbox companion app,
  13. xbox app party invite wont send,
  14. on console companion how do I find invites,
  15. why is xbox app not giving me the option to join my friends party?