Windows 10: Xbox controller and NATIVE mouse control in WINDOWS 10

Discus and support Xbox controller and NATIVE mouse control in WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I posted a query 3 years ago. 3 years later, still not addressed and was told to post it in Xbox one forum when it has nothing to do with the Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mr. Knightman, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Xbox controller and NATIVE mouse control in WINDOWS 10

I posted a query 3 years ago.

3 years later, still not addressed and was told to post it in Xbox one forum when it has nothing to do with the Xbox one console.

This is 100% for Windows 10:

Issue: Xbox one controller works natively with Windows 10 for gaming, but not the desktop.

Proposition/Query: When can we expect the ability to allow the Xbox One controller to be selectable as "mouse hardware" for native mouse control of Windows 10 so that we do not have to use 3rd party software? I would have thought that would be done by now, this would help TREMENDOUSLY when using Windows 10 to demo VR apps and programs at conventions when using the Xbox One controller and chatpad in static "sit-only" applications, and motion-tracked controls are not used.

Please do not try to usher this to "Xbox one" forum as this is related to function in Windows 10 and VR in Windows 10 specifically.

It will be a help that users in VR and other gaming scenarios would not have to remove their headset to reach for a keyboard and mouse. The need to do so now seems very...antiquated....and is not catering to accessibility when future ergo-solutions elsewhere are advancing. Being able to have mouse-control on the same controller to navigate the desktop is a no-brainer in 2019.

:)

Mr. Knightman, Apr 23, 2019

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Xbox controller and NATIVE mouse control in WINDOWS 10

Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Xbox controller and NATIVE mouse control in WINDOWS 10

1. Xbox controller and NATIVE mouse control in WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - Xbox controller NATIVE

2. xbox controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox controller: goedemiddag ik wil mijn xbox controller aansluiten op mijn pc windows 11 hij installeert de drivers niet en wordt als onbekend apparaat weergevendeze foutmelding krijg ik Er zijn geen compatibele stuurprogramma's voor dit apparaat. E0000228...
  3. Mouse Controlled By Xbox One Controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Controlled By Xbox One Controllers: Hi,I have 3 different xbox one controllers. Normal, Elite, Elite v2.Within the last 4 months, my controller has started to take control of my cursor in windows even when having a different app selectedI have tried some of the fixes that have been mentioned disabling xbox...
  4. Xbox Controller with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Controller with Windows 10: Hello, I need some help using an xbox controller with windows 10. When I connect the controller with USB, it automatically assigns buttons to control the game. I want to remap them to something more comfortable to me/add functionality that isnt being recognized. I remember...
  5. Xbox controller

Xbox controller: I can't connect my Xbox controller in Windows 10 with Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller/2cbe8e41-d552-46eb-8596-8267baad5814
  6. Xbox controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox controller: Hello! I have xbox controller on windows 10 connects via Bluetooth, when I search controller by Bluetooth window I find it, and it work properly, but when I switch off pc and restart and switch on the controller, it doesn’t connect automatic to pc. Every time I have to remove...
  7. Xbox One Controller home button toggles mouse control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller home button toggles mouse control: Hello, for some reason when I have my Xbox One Controller plugged into my PC and the start button is pressed this happens in game and just on the desktop it controls my mouse cursor and the A and B buttons become left and right click. This started happening a couple of days...
  8. Xbox one controller is controlling my mouse with the left stick on windows 10... help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller is controlling my mouse with the left stick on windows 10... help: I have a program called Keysticks that gives me all the support I need for my controller but im guessing the drivers that allows my controller to be detected is allowing the left stick to control my mouse by default. I hope theres a way to disable it from controlling my mouse...
  9. xbox 360 controller not working as mouse

xbox 360 controller not working as mouse: I got my controller to connect using the Microsoft receiver but it wont work as a mouse just works in the Xbox app why and how do i fix thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-controller-not-working-as-mouse/3aad57f7-63b6-4c37-9daf-1c33cf92a4b1
  10. XBOX controller

XBOX controller: I can't connect my wireless xbox controller to my pc! it keeps coming up as driver error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller/5de108f7-3a6d-492b-b7a1-f974084a9e15