Windows 10: Xbox Controller automatically disconnects and disables mouse.

Discus and support Xbox Controller automatically disconnects and disables mouse. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yesterday I was using a USB xbox controller and everything worked fine. I left my PC for a while and it went to sleep and when I came back I found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by theSalmonRoll, May 5, 2021.

1. Xbox Controller automatically disconnects and disables mouse.

Yesterday I was using a USB xbox controller and everything worked fine. I left my PC for a while and it went to sleep and when I came back I found that my mouse wasn't working anymore. Now whenever I try to plug in the xbox controller, it connects for about five seconds then disconnects and the mouse disappears. Unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in doesn't make it reappear and it seems the only way to fix it is to restart the computer. The usb port itself seems fine as I can connect my mouse to it and it works perfectly okay. If I try disconnecting and reconnecting the controller, it j

:)

theSalmonRoll, May 5, 2021

2. Issues with accessing mouse after disconnecting XBox One Controller on Windows 10

Hi Harley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the mouse after disconnecting the Xbox Controller on your device. We will help you in resolving this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined only with disconnecting the Xbox?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Right click on Windows key,
      select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Hard restart the computer as mouse doesn't work.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 5, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Wired Xbox 360 Controller Keeps disconnecting itself

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forum.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows

Xbox Support

Xbox controllers, headsets, and wireless accessories

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/controllers-remotes

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect

Xbox Support

If you still have issues, I would suggest you to contact Xbox support

Contact us

Xbox Support

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, May 5, 2021
  4. UndeadBob Win User

Xbox Controller automatically disconnects and disables mouse.

Xbox One Wireless controller keeps disconnecting

After reading some replies on here, there seem to be a lot of various theories. I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you, but I can confirm that exiting Steamworked for me. The problem is very repeatable.

• Connect and disconnect controller
    • Sleep and wake up system
    • Xbox One Wireless controller connects (as shown in the "Game Controllers" panel) and disconnects within 2 seconds.
    • Exit Steam
    • Xbox One Wireless controller connects and works.
    • Restart Steam (controller still works)
    • Disconnect Xbox One Wireless controller, then connects and disconnects within 2 seconds.
    I'm narrowing my problem down to the Big Picture mode, so that problem is for another forum...

Hopefully this workaround helps a few people before the real solution is found.

UndeadBob, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Xbox Controller automatically disconnects and disables mouse.

1. Xbox Controller automatically disconnects and disables mouse. - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller automatically

2. Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting: So I have my Xbox Elite 2 controller plugged in to the back of my pc and it used to work before hand, now it dosen't. The problem that I keep having is that I want to overclock my controller using hidusbf and whenever I do that and go through the steps it works fine but then...
  3. Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting: So I have my Xbox Elite 2 controller plugged in to the back of my pc and it used to work before hand, now it dosen't. The problem that I keep having is that I want to overclock my controller using hidusbf and whenever I do that and go through the steps it works fine but then...
  4. XBox Controller Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  5. XBox Controller Disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  6. xbox series x controller disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox series x controller disconnect: Hello . I bought xbox series x controller to use on my laptop windows 10 . when i use type c cable to connect i dont have any issue in any game but when use blutooth connection on some games like resident evil 7 on gameplay controller keep disconnect and again connect but on...
  7. Mouse Controlled By Xbox One Controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Controlled By Xbox One Controllers: Hi,I have 3 different xbox one controllers. Normal, Elite, Elite v2.Within the last 4 months, my controller has started to take control of my cursor in windows even when having a different app selectedI have tried some of the fixes that have been mentioned disabling xbox...
  8. USB Xbox controller disconnects and removes mouse from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Xbox controller disconnects and removes mouse from PC: I had a wireless xbox controller but the wireless adapter broke so I tried to use a usb cable to connect it to my pc but whenever I try to connect my xbox controller to my pc, it connects for about 15 seconds then disconnects and also disconnects my mouse. Trying to unplug...
  9. Xbox Controller Randomly Disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Controller Randomly Disconnects: Xbox Bluetooth controller randomly disconnects. I've tried different controllers and plugged in to the wall for constant power. I've tried disabling power saving features for the device inside device manager. Most commonly my controller will disconnect and the light will stay...
  10. xbox wireless dongle & xbox controller randomly disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox wireless dongle & xbox controller randomly disconnect: hi i'm using official xbox wireless dongle since many months : https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/p/adaptateur-sans-fil-xbox-pour-windows10/91DQRB97L130/1V59 with my xbox one controller custom design microsoft on Windows 10 1909 I have random disconnection during game,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 wireless controller randomly disconnects on windows 10