Windows 10: xbox controller causes game graphics crash

Discus and support xbox controller causes game graphics crash in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Xbox one controller that I use for most of my pc games. Before I went on deployment, everything worked fine. When I got back, I can no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by travisneumann, Apr 18, 2019.

1. xbox controller causes game graphics crash

I have an Xbox one controller that I use for most of my pc games. Before I went on deployment, everything worked fine. When I got back, I can no longer use my Xbox controller. I will open a game, like rocket league, and everything will be fine. If I then turn my Xbox controller on, the colors on in the game will get messed up/go inverted/ cause the screen to black out until I restart the computer. Sometimes if I turn the controller off the colors will go right back to normal. This happens on any game. I have a gtx 970.

:)

travisneumann, Apr 18, 2019

2. Game controller causes crash

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Are you using xbox controllers/joystick?

For now, I suggest that you open Event Viewer and check the logs and let us know the error code that is mentioned which registered at the time of the crash.

If there are no events logged in, I suggest that you contact xbox forum if you are using xbox controllers, as they will be better equipped to resolve the issue in hand. To contact the support forum click on the link below

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/accessories/Controllers

In case if its not xbox, I suggest that you contact the manufacturer of the device for more clarification.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Bluetooth Xbox One controller crashes games in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why certain games will crash while connecting an Xbox One controller. Let us try to update your Xbox One controller, the steps are here on this

link

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Apr 18, 2019
  4. xbox controller causes game graphics crash

Game crash using controllers and Beep sound when clicking

Hi,

Games may crash on your PC due to outdated graphics card drivers or software conflicts with the other apps installed on your computer. It is also possible that there is a malware on your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following
    information:

• Does the issue occur on all of your games?
    • Have you tried to update the video card drivers on your computer?
    • Do you have a USB 3.0 cable available?
    • Does the same issue occur when streaming videos on your computer?

In the meantime, make sure that your controller is updated by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

xbox controller causes game graphics crash

1. xbox controller causes game graphics crash - Similar Threads - xbox controller causes

2. Game Controllers Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Controllers Crashing: I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro that I've used for ages. All of a sudden, when I attempt to go into properties in the Game Controllers, the window just disappears. I know the joystick is registering and working because it's listing there but also in the Logitech Game...
  3. Game Controllers Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Controllers Crashing: I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro that I've used for ages. All of a sudden, when I attempt to go into properties in the Game Controllers, the window just disappears. I know the joystick is registering and working because it's listing there but also in the Logitech Game...
  4. Game Controllers Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox game bar crashes games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar crashes games: When I play any game from anywhere on my PC, if anyone sends me a party invite or message or anything, or if I press the shortcut to open Xbox game bar windows+g it will crash any games I was playing at the time. Sometimes crashing so bad that I'm forced to hard reset my PC....
  6. Xbox game bar crashes games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar crashes games: When I play any game from anywhere on my PC, if anyone sends me a party invite or message or anything, or if I press the shortcut to open Xbox game bar windows+g it will crash any games I was playing at the time. Sometimes crashing so bad that I'm forced to hard reset my PC....
  7. Xbox controller causing stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller causing stutter: Has anyone found a fix for this yet this problem seems to have been going on for years now and I have never seen a fix. I have tried everything I have found online and nothing works. Connected controller with usb, bluetooth, and windows own adapter. Nothing I have turned...
  8. Xbox Wireless controller losing bluetooth connection causes performance to tank in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless controller losing bluetooth connection causes performance to tank in games: So, not really sure where to post this, but this issue has been kinda bugging me for some time. It only happens in some games, not all, but I use an Xbox One wireless controller connected to my PC via bluetooth built into my mobo (though I had the same issue as well in the...
  9. Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash: Event viewer shows the following for one game for example. Have tried repairing, resetting, restarting and reinstalling the various Windows Store and Gaming services to no avail. SFC and DISM checks also show no problems. Specs are Windows 10 Pro 2004, i7 6700k @ 4.5ghz,...
  10. Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Ntdll.dll causing Xbox GamePass games unable to launch or crash: Event viewer shows the following for one game for example. Have tried repairing, resetting, restarting and reinstalling the various Windows Store and Gaming services to no avail. SFC and DISM checks also show no problems. Specs are Windows 10 Pro 2004, i7 6700k @ 4.5ghz,...