Windows 10: Xbox controller causing stutter

Discus and support Xbox controller causing stutter in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Has anyone found a fix for this yet this problem seems to have been going on for years now and I have never seen a fix. I have tried everything I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NeptunesRequiem, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Xbox controller causing stutter

Has anyone found a fix for this yet this problem seems to have been going on for years now and I have never seen a fix. I have tried everything I have found online and nothing works.

Connected controller with usb, bluetooth, and windows own adapter. Nothing

I have turned off vibration and windows game mode. Nothing

Tried big picture mode for the games on steam that are affected. Nothing

This is seriously frustrating because it is a Xbox controller so Microsoft should be able to fix their on products. If anyone else has any other suggestions please let me know.

:)

NeptunesRequiem, Nov 18, 2020

2. Game stutter caused by Xbox One Controller

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, install the drivers for the controller in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the driver and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Xbox controller causing stutter

Game stutter caused by Xbox One Controller

Recently, I started to experience severe game stutter while playing games on my Windows 10 PC. Everything runs fine for the first few minutes of playing...then a few stutters would happen here and then, and it eventually progresses to unplayable. I thought
    it was a graphics card issue at first, but it was only happening in some games.

After a while, I realized that it only happened in games where I was using my wireless xbox one controller to play. I tested this out more and notice that the problem occurs when ever you actually press inputs on the controller. For example, the game would
    run smooth if I left the controller alone, but as soon as I pressed forward on one of the analog sticks the stutter would start. Then I'd let go and it would return to running smooth immediately.

I tried direct connecting the controller via USB, but that didn't help the problem. I did find a workaround by uninstalling the device, then installing it with the original drivers (downloaded here: Xbox One Controller PC Drivers Are Now Out For Download, Courtesy of Major Nelson).
    It works fine with these drivers, but they don't support wireless connectivity which is kind of cramping my style as I like to stream to my TV in the next room with the controller direct connected to the PC wirelessly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jmarks2001, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Xbox controller causing stutter

1. Xbox controller causing stutter - Similar Threads - Xbox controller causing

2. Why does my xbox controller being plugged in cause my computer to glitch / stutter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my xbox controller being plugged in cause my computer to glitch / stutter?: Hi, I've just recently been having a problem revolving around my Xbox controller plugged into my computer. I play many different games, and my computer runs absolutely fine when I am playing those games on keyboard / mouse. But when I play Rocket League, with a controller...
  3. Why does my xbox controller being plugged in cause my computer to glitch / stutter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my xbox controller being plugged in cause my computer to glitch / stutter?: Hi, I've just recently been having a problem revolving around my Xbox controller plugged into my computer. I play many different games, and my computer runs absolutely fine when I am playing those games on keyboard / mouse. But when I play Rocket League, with a controller...
  4. Xbox One controller causes screen to flash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One controller causes screen to flash: I tried my best to search online in case other people were experiencing this, but I couldn't find anything.I have a Windows PC and I frequently play video games with an Xbox Series controller on a wired connection specifically via Insignia Play & Charge Kit. From time to...
  5. NEW XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WIRELESS BUT WITH USB CABLE CAUSING STUTTERING/LAGS/ GAMES UNPLAYABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WIRELESS BUT WITH USB CABLE CAUSING STUTTERING/LAGS/ GAMES UNPLAYABLE: yeah ... the same problem as many other via the xbox controller with bluetooth example.. Need for Speed Heat other Controller: Game works perfect Xbox Controller : Game unplayable Any Workaround after around 3 years there? There were many threads open but no fix...
  6. Xbox one controller on windows 10 causes stuttering and xinput problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller on windows 10 causes stuttering and xinput problems.: Two part, not so critical issue. Issue one: When connected via Bluetooth, and the batteries die, the controller stays on, and the whole pc grinds to about 1-2fps until I pull the batteries, then everything returns to normal. Issue two: I use controller companion to use my...
  7. Xbox one Controller causing PC to freeze

Xbox one Controller causing PC to freeze: I have an Xbox one controller model 1708 that has been rendered unusable by a bug. Whenever I connect the controller either by cable or Bluetooth, my PC will begin to lag and freeze after 2-3 minutes of use. The lag will continue until I disconnect the controller, at which...
  8. Xbox one controller causing FPS lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller causing FPS lag: My issue is exactly as stated by many others in this locked, unanswered thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-one-s-controller-causing-major-performance/e69a5864-794f-4355-83d8-a018b7ade00f Please fix this, rather than just...
  9. xbox controller causes game graphics crash

xbox controller causes game graphics crash: I have an Xbox one controller that I use for most of my pc games. Before I went on deployment, everything worked fine. When I got back, I can no longer use my Xbox controller. I will open a game, like rocket league, and everything will be fine. If I then turn my Xbox...
  10. Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems.: Hello there, since the March 1st Windows update (KB4486553) and (KB4482887) my Xbox One wireless controller has been having some issues. Whenever I play a game (American Truck Sim, Rainbow Six Siege, GTA V, etc.) everything works as intended until I try my controller....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download stutter free xbox wireless controller driver