Windows 10: Xbox controller detected by pc but does not register inputs on any games

Discus and support Xbox controller detected by pc but does not register inputs on any games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; title, what can I do to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by namename123123, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Xbox controller detected by pc but does not register inputs on any games

title, what can I do to fix this?

:)

namename123123, Apr 21, 2019

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Xbox controller detected by pc but does not register inputs on any games

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Xbox controller detected by pc but does not register inputs on any games

1. Xbox controller detected by pc but does not register inputs on any games - Similar Threads - Xbox controller detected

2. Xbox Controller / PC Windows 10 input problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller / PC Windows 10 input problems: Hi, having a problem using an Xbox One controller connected via USB-C cable on a 2020 HP Omen gaming laptop running Windows 10. The controller has started randomly losing connection in the middle of games, and requires me to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working...
  3. Game Controllers Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Controllers Input: Hi,Over the last few years, I've been having problems regarding my Flight Yoke System and other game controllers. Whenever turning my PC on, the yoke isn't centered in it's neutral position. It thinks it has right input, however there is no physical input being produced, it's...
  4. Game Controllers Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Controllers Input: Hi,Over the last few years, I've been having problems regarding my Flight Yoke System and other game controllers. Whenever turning my PC on, the yoke isn't centered in it's neutral position. It thinks it has right input, however there is no physical input being produced, it's...
  5. Game Controllers Input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Xbox wireless controller is not registered by PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless controller is not registered by PC: For some reason And i had moved to a new place. My old Xbox one wireless controller wouldn't sync to my PC with theXbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 because my OS is Win10. No matter in which USB port in which I would place the dongle I'll get the same issue with both the...
  7. Xbox controller not detected

Xbox controller not detected: I am trying to connect a second Xbox one s controller to my PC but cannot see it at all when trying to pair. I have one controller already connected and the new one does pair with my surface pro 7 and firestick by Bluetooth so I am assuming both PC and controller work. It...
  8. Xbox One controller recognized, but not transmitting any input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller recognized, but not transmitting any input: I've had some issues with my xbox one controller of late. I recently reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers for my controller, managed to connect it without a usb adapter for the first time. Then that broke and nearly took my Bluetooth with it. I managed to get it fixed and am now...
  9. Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller

Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller: My Xbox one controller worked fine from purchase until recently. I installed the latest Microsoft windows 10 update and everything was fine. I turned on my computer and my Xbox one controller would not work. I tried Bluetooth and as soon as I held down the o))) my controller...
  10. Audio Input is being detected, but does not take any input.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Input is being detected, but does not take any input.: So, I just got myself a new desktop and I got it all set up, but when I tried to talk to my friends in a chat program, it would not take any mic input. I tested around with cortana and voice recorder, and cortana works, but not the voice recorder. The strange part is that my...