Windows 10: Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error

Discus and support Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try connect my xbox controller to my laptop whitch worked yesterday it disconnects after 5 seconds and then says driver error if i try update my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Akira Datta, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error

When I try connect my xbox controller to my laptop whitch worked yesterday it disconnects after 5 seconds and then says driver error if i try update my bluetooth controller driver it says i am using the latest driver and have nothing to update to so i am confused what to do . I cannot use xbox acessories as the controller disconnects to fast

:)

Akira Datta, Feb 12, 2024

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Mala_S Win User

Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error

1. Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error - Similar Threads - Xbox controller disconnecting

2. Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller disconnecting from bluetooth and then saying driver error: When I try connect my xbox controller to my laptop whitch worked yesterday it disconnects after 5 seconds and then says driver error if i try update my bluetooth controller driver it says i am using the latest driver and have nothing to update to so i am confused what to do ....
  3. Xbox controller driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller driver error: Pls help me to fix driver error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller-driver-error/bc643735-a648-4459-810a-50d5483e9662
  4. Xbox controller driver error

Xbox controller driver error: Pls help me to fix driver error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller-driver-error/bc643735-a648-4459-810a-50d5483e9662
  5. XBox Controller Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  6. XBox Controller Disconnects

XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  7. Bluetooth disconnecting randomly (mostly Xbox one controller)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth disconnecting randomly (mostly Xbox one controller): Hi all, I just can’t find my exact same issue anywhere and am going crazy. My pc is disconnecting my Xbox controller randomly. Sometimes after 5 minutes sometimes 5 hours. Restarting Bluetooth doesn’t work (often doesn’t turn on again and even the bt keyboard stops working...
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller disconnecting from PC Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller disconnecting from PC Bluetooth: My controller is connected through Bluetooth and it will just randomly disconnect. Has anyone had this issue? I searched and only found a thread about connection issues with the controller adapter....
  9. Controller keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth

Controller keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth: I have a new Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset. But I have an issue, when I am playing one controller disconnects itself. Then I go into Bluetooth settings trying to reconnect the controller, so I click on it but receive a message saying "try reconnecting your device." I...
  10. Wireless Controller will NOT disconnect from bluetooth.

Wireless Controller will NOT disconnect from bluetooth.: Hello, I was very reluctant to post here considering I can figure most PC related things out by myself but this one has me stumped, my PS4 controller will not disconnect from Bluetooth no matter what I do. If I right click it and "remove" device, it successfully removes but...