Windows 10: XBox Controller Disconnects

Discus and support XBox Controller Disconnects in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Syntax Sandbox, Jan 14, 2022.

1. XBox Controller Disconnects

I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few seconds and then it will reconnect. It's better than Bluetooth but it still disconnects.Is there something else I need to do or am I just going to be stuck with a wired controller?https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows-10/91dqrb97l130/jq56

:)

Syntax Sandbox, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Wired Xbox 360 Controller Keeps disconnecting itself

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forum.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows

Xbox Support

Xbox controllers, headsets, and wireless accessories

Xbox Support

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect

Xbox Support

If you still have issues, I would suggest you to contact Xbox support

Contact us

Xbox Support

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jan 14, 2022
  3. UndeadBob Win User
    Xbox One Wireless controller keeps disconnecting

After reading some replies on here, there seem to be a lot of various theories. I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you, but I can confirm that exiting Steamworked for me. The problem is very repeatable.

• Connect and disconnect controller
    • Sleep and wake up system
    • Xbox One Wireless controller connects (as shown in the "Game Controllers" panel) and disconnects within 2 seconds.
    • Exit Steam
    • Xbox One Wireless controller connects and works.
    • Restart Steam (controller still works)
    • Disconnect Xbox One Wireless controller, then connects and disconnects within 2 seconds.
    I'm narrowing my problem down to the Big Picture mode, so that problem is for another forum...

Hopefully this workaround helps a few people before the real solution is found.

UndeadBob, Jan 14, 2022
  4. XBox Controller Disconnects

Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

XBox Controller Disconnects

1. XBox Controller Disconnects - Similar Threads - XBox Controller Disconnects

2. Xbox controller on Pc keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller on Pc keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: My controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from my pc. It does it when it's not plugged in and when it's plugged in. It also sometimes delays when I use the sticks. * Changed to a question...
  3. Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting: So I have my Xbox Elite 2 controller plugged in to the back of my pc and it used to work before hand, now it dosen't. The problem that I keep having is that I want to overclock my controller using hidusbf and whenever I do that and go through the steps it works fine but then...
  4. Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting: So I have my Xbox Elite 2 controller plugged in to the back of my pc and it used to work before hand, now it dosen't. The problem that I keep having is that I want to overclock my controller using hidusbf and whenever I do that and go through the steps it works fine but then...
  5. Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected

Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected: Whenever my Xbox One controller disconnects, whatever input it was giving to Windows gets frozen in place, permanently. This results in my having to unplug the computer because I cannot even use the menus to restart it. Even if I delete the device and leave it unplugged the...
  6. XBox Controller Disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  7. xbox series x controller disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox series x controller disconnect: Hello . I bought xbox series x controller to use on my laptop windows 10 . when i use type c cable to connect i dont have any issue in any game but when use blutooth connection on some games like resident evil 7 on gameplay controller keep disconnect and again connect but on...
  8. Xbox Controller Randomly Disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Controller Randomly Disconnects: Xbox Bluetooth controller randomly disconnects. I've tried different controllers and plugged in to the wall for constant power. I've tried disabling power saving features for the device inside device manager. Most commonly my controller will disconnect and the light will stay...
  9. Xbox Controller keeps disconnecting from PC

Xbox Controller keeps disconnecting from PC: I'm trying to connect my Xbox controller to my PC via Bluetooth. But it keeps going like this: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] its going over and over again. i can't stop it. can i fix it? Here's what i tried so far: New Batterys Removing and connecting back the controller...
  10. xbox wireless dongle & xbox controller randomly disconnect

xbox wireless dongle & xbox controller randomly disconnect: hi i'm using official xbox wireless dongle since many months : https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/p/adaptateur-sans-fil-xbox-pour-windows10/91DQRB97L130/1V59 with my xbox one controller custom design microsoft on Windows 10 1909 I have random disconnection during game,...