Windows 10: Xbox Controller does not stay connected to PC

Discus and support Xbox Controller does not stay connected to PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I built my gaming PC. I can connect to my PC with the controller just fine, but when I leave and turn my computer back on and my controller on, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoshVargasQS, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Xbox Controller does not stay connected to PC

I built my gaming PC. I can connect to my PC with the controller just fine, but when I leave and turn my computer back on and my controller on, I have to forget the device and reconnect it again. Is there a way to just turn on the controller and it automatically connects back to the computer?

:)

JoshVargasQS, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Xbox Controller does not stay connected to PC

Connecting Xbox to PC

Hello,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which version of windows is running on your system?

Suggest you to follow below steps and check if you are able to connect your Xbox to your Computer.

• Sign in to your Xbox Live account using your Microsoft login credentials
    • Verify that your Xbox One is connected to the same network as your Windows PC
    • Power on your Xbox One.
    • Press the “Menu” button on your Xbox controller and select “Settings.”
    • Select “Preferences” and place a checkmark next to “Allow streaming to other devices.”
    • Connecting Xbox and PC.
    • Click on “Connect” on the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC
    • Select the name of your Xbox One console
    • Connect an Xbox One controller to your PC using a USB cable
    • Click on “Stream,” then select the Xbox game you want to play on your PC
    • Click on “Play from console”.
    If you are looking for more information on Xbox, you can post your query in dedicated Xbox forum for better assistance. Refer to the link below which guides you to Xbox forum.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/connect-xbox-360-console-tv

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Controller does not stay connected to PC

1. Xbox Controller does not stay connected to PC - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller does

2. xbox controller not connecting to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox controller not connecting to pc: my xbox controller is not connecting with the USB and i tried to update driver and uninstall and restart i did all the methods bu it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller-not-connecting-to-pc/9591afee-54a9-46ba-b61f-6792c51e0762
  3. Xbox Controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller not connecting to PC: When I plug in my Xbox controller to my laptop the screen goes black and it does not connect to the laptop. I have tried the common methods that are given below, but they do not fix the issue.How to connect an Xbox One Controller to a Windows...
  4. Xbox Series S controller not staying connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Series S controller not staying connected: Good morning, everyone. I bought a Xbox Series S, and I have a recurring problem. I'm playing a game and if I leave the game paused for a couple of minutes, the controller disconnects. I am using the controller wirelessly with AA batteries. More times than none, I can...
  5. Wireless controller Connects after being paired but does not stay connected to pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless controller Connects after being paired but does not stay connected to pc: I have been working for 3 days now on getting this Scorpion GT-64 wireless controller to work via bluetooth connection. I have tried many things from updating drivers, setting automatic on bluetooth services, etc. I am starting to think that either my controller is...
  6. xbox one controller for pc not staying connected via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox one controller for pc not staying connected via bluetooth: wonder if people can help, i have an xbox one for PC controller ( don't own an xbox) and the controller keeps disconnecting from bluetooth, it pairs fine* but then after about 10-15 minutes will disconnect and then not reconnect, also if the remote powers off and i then turn...
  7. Xbox One Controller Not Staying Connected to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller Not Staying Connected to Bluetooth: I have two devices that I connect to my bluetooth on my PC: My headphones and my Xbox One controller. My headphones connect fine and stay connected, but my controller keeps disconnecting from my PC during gameplay. I've tried moving the dongle from a 3.0 USB port to a 2.0 but...
  8. connect xbox control to pc

connect xbox control to pc: My son asked me, if I could connect the control of his xbox to the pc to play, I don't know how to do it. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-xbox-control-to-pc/c2661ae1-7976-4fb2-a14e-a669d9a67bdd
  9. Connecting Xbox controller to PC

Connecting Xbox controller to PC: I have an Xbox controller that I was using for awhile to play on my PC, connecting it via bluetooth. I had to replace the batteries once, and all of the sudden it won't connect. The device will come up in the "add bluetooth device" section, but it won't connect once I click...
  10. Xbox Controller not connecting to pc

Xbox Controller not connecting to pc: The controller is fully updated and works fine on the xbox. However, when i try to connect it to my pc via a data sync cable it doesn't appear as an option under the "Add Devices" option. Can anyone help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can xbox controller automatically connect to pc