Windows 10: Xbox Controller Headset Adapter on PC - Microphone Crash

Discus and support Xbox Controller Headset Adapter on PC - Microphone Crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all Firstly, i want to say that i have tried this using an older Xbox Controller with the headset adapter, as well as using a new Xbox Controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FigBird, Aug 7, 2020.

1. FigBird Win User

Xbox Controller Headset Adapter on PC - Microphone Crash

Hi all

Firstly, i want to say that i have tried this using an older Xbox Controller with the headset adapter, as well as using a new Xbox Controller with an aux input. I downloaded the Xbox Accessories app and have updated all the firmware and drivers too.

So heres the scenario and issue.

Scenario:

Im looking to play couch games on my PC in another room. I have an 10m Active USB running from the PC to where i want to play games. The Xbox controller works perfectly fine over the 10m Active USB. I want to use my headset HyperX Cloud 2 with the controller for audio + voice chat over Discord etc.

Problem:

When connecting the headset to the xbox controller headset adapter OR xbox controller aux input, Windows recognises the Audio output driver and microphone. The audio output works fine but the microphone crashes after about 3 seconds and stopped working.

Interestingly:

Tested it with a regular cable - both speaker audio and microphone working fine.

Any ideas on how to get the microphone to stop crashing? Xbox Controller Headset Adapter on PC - Microphone Crash :D

TLDR: Headset microphone stops working after 3 seconds when plugged into xbox xbox controller on Windows 10. Headset audio continues to work fine. Connected to PC via 10m active USB

:)

FigBird, Aug 7, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help.

Source: Connect Xbox One Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

In this situation, these two links might be helpful to you:

3. Xbox One controller and Xbox One Microsoft headset combination issues

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you to follow the steps form the article given below and check.

Refer:

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter

You can also try to update your Xbox One Controller and check.

Update your Xbox One Controller

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Xbox Controller Headset Adapter on PC - Microphone Crash

Microphone audio from headset connected to controller not being sent to Windows.

So I'm trying to use my Xbox Stereo headset on my PC, right? I've got my headset connected to my Xbox One controller, I'm getting game audio through the controller, but my microphone isn't working. No one in my game or the Xbox PC app can hear me when I'm
    in a party. I can use the headset just fine on Xbox One but for some reason just the microphone doesn't work on PC. My computer recognizes the input device attached to my controller but it doesn't accept any audio. Any way to get the microphone to work?

I've got my controller connected to my computer via USB cable and I've tried using a headset adapter and just going through the audio cable plug on the controller. Same results. No microphone.

CDL_Gaming, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Controller Headset Adapter on PC - Microphone Crash

1. Xbox Controller Headset Adapter on PC - Microphone Crash - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller Headset

2. XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC: hi, i'm having issues, with my headset and its microphone when paired to PC. first i noticed when i try to plug my headset directly into the PC, i can only hear sound in my left ear, so i have paired my xbox controller to my PC, the controls work fine but my headset for the...
  3. XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC: hi, i'm having issues, with my headset and its microphone when paired to PC. first i noticed when i try to plug my headset directly into the PC, i can only hear sound in my left ear, so i have paired my xbox controller to my PC, the controls work fine but my headset for the...
  4. XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headset Microphone Not Working on Windows via Xbox Elite Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Microphone Not Working on Windows via Xbox Elite Controller: I have my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller plugged into my PC running Windows 11 via USB. I use a Razer Kraken X Lite headset plugged into that controller via the 3.5mm TRRS audio jack. I am able to hear audio but cannot get the microphone to work. Windows shows both the...
  6. Headset Microphone Not Working on Windows via Xbox Elite Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Microphone Not Working on Windows via Xbox Elite Controller: I have my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller plugged into my PC running Windows 11 via USB. I use a Razer Kraken X Lite headset plugged into that controller via the 3.5mm TRRS audio jack. I am able to hear audio but cannot get the microphone to work. Windows shows both the...
  7. Xbox wireless headset w/ adapter cant control audio via windows controls

Xbox wireless headset w/ adapter cant control audio via windows controls: Hi. Ive had this problem for a good while now, since december 2020, but its not been a bother to me until now, now that i have a fancy keyboard with an audio controller that id like to put to use. I use the turtle beach stealth 700 gen 2, with the xbox wireless adapter. Its a...
  8. Connecting bluetooth adapter for xbox one controller into pc causes audio crackling in headsets

Connecting bluetooth adapter for xbox one controller into pc causes audio crackling in headsets: I have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen audio interface. It works good and all. Recently I bought Xbox One Controller with Bluetooth adapter to play games on my pc. But whenever I connect adapter itself even with controller turned off, sound in my headphones, connected...
  9. Wireless Xbox Controller Adapter for PC

Wireless Xbox Controller Adapter for PC: Yesterday I got a custom NZXT PC in the mail. I connected my Xbox One elite controller through the Bluetooth adapter and played successfully all day. Today, It would not connect to the Bluetooth adapter and I tried tons of things i found online which includes restarting,...
  10. Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC

Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC: Is there a way to use the Xbox Stereo Headset on my desktop without using an xbox controller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-headset-microphone-not-working-on-my-pc/f01760b9-e927-4e44-a43b-8983cc877e58