Windows 10: Xbox Controller input delay problem

Discus and support Xbox Controller input delay problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since mid to later October the reaction time of my controller on the right joy stick particularly has seemed slower compared to normal.This came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kat, Nov 30, 2020.

1. KAT
    Kat Win User

Xbox Controller input delay problem

Ever since mid to later October the reaction time of my controller on the right joy stick particularly has seemed slower compared to normal.This came out of no where and I am unsure how to fix it. I have tried almost every solution I could think of, and yet nothing has worked as far as I can tell. I have this problem on both my laptop and PC.

I usually use the wireless dongle to connect the control via Bluetooth, but I switched to USB and still had no luck.

I tried uninstalling drivers, no luck

I tried switching controllers, nothing

I switched USB ports, nothing

I tried testing the sensitivity using the Xbox app from the MS store, but it said my joystick was at 100% working.

I am all out of ideas, I have been using controller on PC since 2016 and have never had tech issues like this before.

:)

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Xbox Controller input delay problem

Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Controller input delay problem

1. Xbox Controller input delay problem - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller input

2. Input delay problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input delay problem: My computer that I recently bought has a problem with the keys having a huge input delay sometimes. My keyboard works just fine whenever I'm on a browser but sometimes the input lag is major whenever I'm playing games. This also happens with external keyboards. My computer...
  3. Input delay problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input delay problem: My computer that I recently bought has a problem with the keys having a huge input delay sometimes. My keyboard works just fine whenever I'm on a browser but sometimes the input lag is major whenever I'm playing games. This also happens with external keyboards. My computer...
  4. Xbox Controller / PC Windows 10 input problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller / PC Windows 10 input problems: Hi, having a problem using an Xbox One controller connected via USB-C cable on a 2020 HP Omen gaming laptop running Windows 10. The controller has started randomly losing connection in the middle of games, and requires me to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working...
  5. Xbox Controller / PC Windows 10 input problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller / PC Windows 10 input problems: Hi, having a problem using an Xbox One controller connected via USB-C cable on a 2020 HP Omen gaming laptop running Windows 10. The controller has started randomly losing connection in the middle of games, and requires me to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working...
  6. Wireless controller input delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless controller input delay: So I was Connected my wireless xbox controller to my Pc and it has really bad input lag, like 4 seconds input lag. I used a bluetooth booster usb thing. but nothing worked. I need some help...
  7. Controller input delay

Controller input delay: iv been having ton of controller while playing games and i just want to know how to fix it. please help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-input-delay/faa1ffe4-033f-4f68-aa73-c64add497d18
  8. Xbox One Controller Input Delay; PC Windows 10

Xbox One Controller Input Delay; PC Windows 10: Hi, recently I have run into issues with my Xbox One controller on PC. It is fairly new and it has been working fine until now. I'm now constantly experiencing significant input lag when using my controller. Also, sometimes the input seems to stick I don't know the best way...
  9. Xbox One controller input delay and bluetooth disconnect (on PC)

Xbox One controller input delay and bluetooth disconnect (on PC): So, I have a very unusual problem. Every game I play, the controls will start out great, then I'll have massive lag (for 2-3 minutes) followed by Bluetooth disconnect. Not a lag in gameplay or drop in FPS. Just a massive delay in controller commands. When the Bluetooth...
  10. Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller

Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller: My Xbox one controller worked fine from purchase until recently. I installed the latest Microsoft windows 10 update and everything was fine. I turned on my computer and my Xbox one controller would not work. I tried Bluetooth and as soon as I held down the o))) my controller...