Windows 10: XBOX Controller not Syncing on 1 of 2 PC's

Discus and support XBOX Controller not Syncing on 1 of 2 PC's in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Xbox One controller has been connected to my gaming desktop via the Xbox controller wireless adapter since I first bought it. It's always worked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robinson427, Jan 23, 2020.

1. XBOX Controller not Syncing on 1 of 2 PC's

My Xbox One controller has been connected to my gaming desktop via the Xbox controller wireless adapter since I first bought it. It's always worked. Yesterday 01/22/2020, I noticed it wouldn't connect to the Xbox Wireless Adapter anymore. I don't know when this began, but according to my Steam profile the last time I played a game was on January 19th just a few days ago and I know I used the controller on that game. When I turn the controller on it just keeps slowly blinking and never makes a connection. I've tried re-syncing, uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers, updating the controllers firmware, I've deleted recent windows updates in case a recent update caused the issue, but otherwise my system is completely up-to-date, I've uninstalled recently updated programs, and I've tried restarting the PC... no dice.

I know the controller and wireless adapter still work because I can plug the adapter into my laptop and the controller will immediately connect.

I ran a sfc /scannow and everything is fine. Everything else in the system seems fine; no bugs, no errors, no crashes, no freezes, etc.

Side Note: I did notice in the windows update history that a recent entry named "Xbox - Net - 7/11/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.46.1 3" was installed yesterday 1/22/2020 which is the same day I noticed the controller stopped connecting. Could this be the culprit? Or, is this just the driver re-downloading because I uninstalled the driver during my troubleshooting process?

:)

Robinson427, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Oblivion PC Xbox controller

Could someone suggest a way to use my xbox controller with the pc version of oblivion?

greenhouse, Jan 23, 2020
  4. XBOX Controller not Syncing on 1 of 2 PC's

Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to use the XBOX One controller on this computer before?
    2. Have you tried connecting the XBOX controller on a different computer?

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

1. Select Start, then Run, then type
      sysdm.cpl
      , and then select OK.
    2. On the Hardware tab, select Device Manager.
    3. When the controller is successfully installed, you see three entries in Device Manager. There should be two entries under
      Human Interface Devices:
    HID-compliant game controller

USB Human Interface Device

Additionally, there should be a third entry in under
    Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class:

Xbox One Controller for Windows

1. If you see yellow exclamation points next to any of these entries, there's a problem with the installation.
    2. Double-click Xbox One Controller for Windows.
    On the Driver tab, select
    Update Driver and check the status of the issue.

You may also refer the suggestions from
    Catherine Cus dated August 24, 2017,
    if the above
    suggested steps doesn’t fix the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

XBOX Controller not Syncing on 1 of 2 PC's

1. XBOX Controller not Syncing on 1 of 2 PC's - Similar Threads - XBOX Controller Syncing

2. My xbox 1 controller isnt connecting to my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My xbox 1 controller isnt connecting to my pc.: So it's not connecting to my pc. And when I go into settings to try and connect it, it says that it's paired, even tho it's not. Idk how to disconnect it to. Can someone tell me how to disconnect my controller, or fix it pls....
  3. My xbox 1 controller isnt connecting to my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My xbox 1 controller isnt connecting to my pc.: So it's not connecting to my pc. And when I go into settings to try and connect it, it says that it's paired, even tho it's not. Idk how to disconnect it to. Can someone tell me how to disconnect my controller, or fix it pls....
  4. Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller: Bought an Xbox Elite 2 controller last week, connected it to my PC via bluetooth and started gaming. Realized I wanted to move the X and A buttons on the paddles so I plugged it in to my computer and was prompted for an update. Sure. I updated the controller, re-assigned my...
  5. Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller: Bought an Xbox Elite 2 controller last week, connected it to my PC via bluetooth and started gaming. Realized I wanted to move the X and A buttons on the paddles so I plugged it in to my computer and was prompted for an update. Sure. I updated the controller, re-assigned my...
  6. Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox wireless controller won't sync to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless controller won't sync to PC: For some reason And i had moved to a new place. My old Xbox one wireless controller wouldn't sync to my PC with theXbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 because my OS is Win10. No matter in which USB port in which I would place the dongle I'll get the same issue with both the...
  8. Xbox 1 controller not connecting wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 1 controller not connecting wired: Please help i need help connecting my Xbox controller to my PC as it wont connect even with a wire and I don't know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-1-controller-not-connecting-wired/9239c29c-8128-4af7-a9ec-a73fa3d04824
  9. PC Xbox Elite 2 Controller

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Xbox Elite 2 Controller: So I have the Xbox Elite 2 Controller everything was fine until the "Emergency Update" that Microsoft sent out but now I have No BT conectivity w/ my Elite 2 any help would be awesome ... TIA...
  10. Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC: So, I swapped my HDD out for an m.2; reinstalled windows and for months now I haven't been able to get the xbox one controller to sync to my PC. It used to, now it doesn't. I've put the dongle in every other PC i have and it syncs immediately without issue. I've (as far as I...