Windows 10: XBOX Controller not Syncing on desktop but works on laptop.

Discus and support XBOX Controller not Syncing on desktop but works on laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Xbox One controller has been connected to my gaming desktop via the Xbox wireless adapter since I first bought it. It's always worked. Yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robinson427, Jan 23, 2020.

1. XBOX Controller not Syncing on desktop but works on laptop.

My Xbox One controller has been connected to my gaming desktop via the Xbox wireless adapter since I first bought it. It's always worked. Yesterday 01/22/2020, I noticed it wouldn't connect to the Xbox Wireless Adapter anymore. I don't know when this began, but according to my Steam profile the last time I played a game was on January 19th just a few days ago and I know I used the controller on that game. When I turn the controller on it just keeps slowly blinking and never makes a connection. I've tried re-syncing, uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers, updating the controllers firmware, I've deleted recent windows updates in case a recent update caused the issue, but otherwise my system is completely up-to-date, I've uninstalled recently updated programs, and I've tried restarting the PC... no dice.

I know the controller and wireless adapter still work because I can plug the adapter into my laptop and the controller will immediately connect.

I ran a sfc /scannow and everything is fine. Everything else in the system seems fine; no bugs, no errors, no crashes, no freezes, etc.

Side Note: I did notice in the windows update history that a recent entry named "Xbox - Net - 7/11/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.46.1 3" was installed yesterday 1/22/2020 which is the same day I noticed the controller stopped connecting. Could this be the culprit? Or, is this just the driver re-downloading because I uninstalled the driver during my troubleshooting process?

:)

Robinson427, Jan 23, 2020

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 23, 2020
  4. XBOX Controller not Syncing on desktop but works on laptop.

Xbox One controller working wrong

Hi,

The issue may be related to the incompatible Xbox one controller drivers.

Please try the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • In the Device Manager, go to > Human Interface Devices > Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class .
    • If you notice a yellow exclamation, double-click on the Xbox One Controller and go to the Driver tab, click on Update.
    • If the driver is already updated, uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.
    I would also suggest you check if the game is compatible with Windows 10.

If this doesn't help correct your issue, please contact the Xbox Support.

Xbox Forums

Results in Xbox - Microsoft Community

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

XBOX Controller not Syncing on desktop but works on laptop.

1. XBOX Controller not Syncing on desktop but works on laptop. - Similar Threads - XBOX Controller Syncing

2. laptop not working with Xbox controller and headset simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop not working with Xbox controller and headset simultaneously: I am on an Alienware laptop not sure the exact model, but it's a few years old and it seems to be unable to output sound to a headset when I have my Xbox controller plugged into the computer. They both work individually, so I doubt it's the devices themselves. I'd think there...
  3. Xbox wireless controller won't sync to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless controller won't sync to PC: For some reason And i had moved to a new place. My old Xbox one wireless controller wouldn't sync to my PC with theXbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 because my OS is Win10. No matter in which USB port in which I would place the dongle I'll get the same issue with both the...
  4. Xbox Controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Controller not working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sexysenju [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jocl4b/xbox_controller_not_working/
  5. Xbox controller stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller stopped working: I was playing fine with my controller on modern warfere then out of nowhere i can use it anymore my computer recognizes it i can press the xbox button and open gamepad but its unresponsive in game. Ive uninstalled driver reinstalled it over 5 times all my stuff is updated im...
  6. PC Desktop and Laptop Desktop sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Desktop and Laptop Desktop sync: Hello, I just got a new PC and whenever I edit what icons I have on the desktop it changes my laptops desktop to match my PC's, and vice versa. Is there a way i can turn this off because I want my games on my PC and my work related stuff on my laptop. Is there any way I can...
  7. XBOX Controller not Syncing on 1 of 2 PC's

XBOX Controller not Syncing on 1 of 2 PC's: My Xbox One controller has been connected to my gaming desktop via the Xbox controller wireless adapter since I first bought it. It's always worked. Yesterday 01/22/2020, I noticed it wouldn't connect to the Xbox Wireless Adapter anymore. I don't know when this began, but...
  8. Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC: So, I swapped my HDD out for an m.2; reinstalled windows and for months now I haven't been able to get the xbox one controller to sync to my PC. It used to, now it doesn't. I've put the dongle in every other PC i have and it syncs immediately without issue. I've (as far as I...
  9. Sync not working with desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync not working with desktop: I have two W10 PCs that use my Microsoft account. Their desktops are identical, but I don't want them to be, so I unsynced each one and rebooted. Nevertheless, they continued to display the same icons. I changed one to a local account, but it made no difference. How do I...
  10. XBOX 360 Controller Won't Sync with Receiver

XBOX 360 Controller Won't Sync with Receiver: I've reserached for hours and I can't find any info that works. To start, my device manager DOES recognise the receiver and I've tried all drivers. If I press the sync button on both the controller and receiver they will "recognise" each other but won't connect. I was...