Windows 10: Xbox controller not working correctly after update to Windows

Discus and support Xbox controller not working correctly after update to Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My controller always reverts back to mouse while playing (every 5 seconds). Ive gone through every article on the web to try and fix this, nothing has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LongShot v1, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Xbox controller not working correctly after update to Windows

My controller always reverts back to mouse while playing (every 5 seconds). Ive gone through every article on the web to try and fix this, nothing has worked. Its ALWAYS worked perfect until the latest update from Windows. Ive been going at this for three days now with no luck. I use a scuf gaming controller (new).

Ive swapped controllers. i have the latest version software for controller, graphics (NVIDA), so on so far. I’ve unistalled everything and re-installed. My controller is wired. Ive used different usb ports. Whatever has caused this issue is due to the update from windows.

please help

:)

LongShot v1, Oct 31, 2019

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Xbox One controller working wrong

Hi,

The issue may be related to the incompatible Xbox one controller drivers.

Please try the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • In the Device Manager, go to > Human Interface Devices > Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class .
    • If you notice a yellow exclamation, double-click on the Xbox One Controller and go to the Driver tab, click on Update.
    • If the driver is already updated, uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.
    I would also suggest you check if the game is compatible with Windows 10.

If this doesn't help correct your issue, please contact the Xbox Support.

Xbox Forums

Results in Xbox - Microsoft Community

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Xbox controller not working correctly after update to Windows

Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Xbox controller not working correctly after update to Windows

1. Xbox controller not working correctly after update to Windows - Similar Threads - Xbox controller working

2. Xbox 1 controller stopped working correctly on one game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 1 controller stopped working correctly on one game: The Xbox 1 wireless controller I normally use for games stopped working with the PC game Final Fantasy XIV specifically.It works perfectly fine with every other game.I've already contacted the game publisher Square Enix and have gone through their tech support with no results...
  3. Xbox 1 controller stopped working correctly on one game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox 1 controller stopped working correctly on one game: The Xbox 1 wireless controller I normally use for games stopped working with the PC game Final Fantasy XIV specifically.It works perfectly fine with every other game.I've already contacted the game publisher Square Enix and have gone through their tech support with no results...
  4. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.: Title says it all, just updated W10 yesterday, I have a wired 360 controller that was working perfectly fine on w10 until the most recent update....
  5. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.: Title says it all, just updated W10 yesterday, I have a wired 360 controller that was working perfectly fine on w10 until the most recent update....
  6. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. New Xbox Wireless controller not working correctly for Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Xbox Wireless controller not working correctly for Bluetooth.: Has anyone else noticed this? In a few applications, it is listed as BLUETOOH LE XINUPUT controller, and not as an "XBOX ONE CONTROLLER". I've already updated to latest firmware, and latest Windows update. It works fine with a cable, but I did not buy this to use with a...
  8. Xbox controller not working after update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox controller not working after update?: My 360 controller won't work after uninstalling and installing drivers, nothing seems to work after the may update submitted by /u/imaadgamer627 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/he72kn/xbox_controller_not_working_after_update/
  9. Xbox Controller does not work correctly on the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller does not work correctly on the computer: Split from this thread. I tried this in every way possible and it isnt working... I first enabled the setting and it didnt work. Then restarted computer and didnt work then uninstalled the driver for thr controller and still didnt work. Is there something im missing?? I go...
  10. After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working: I use Windows 10 PC and after last update my Xbox controllers connected wirelessly with the dongle adapter stopped working. However the other controllers work without problems. I cannot find new drivers for this controller anywhere - they offer the drivers only for Windows...