Windows 10: Xbox controller not working in certain games on windows 10

Discus and support Xbox controller not working in certain games on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I recently got a new xbox series S controller to play on my Computer! i have updated the driver and it is working fine, for the most part. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eduard.St, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Eduard.St Win User

Xbox controller not working in certain games on windows 10

Hello! I recently got a new xbox series S controller to play on my Computer! i have updated the driver and it is working fine, for the most part. It works in rainbow six siege as well as forza horizon 4. but other games like Need for speed heat, payback and most wanted 2012 or dirt rally 1 as well as f1 2019 don't recognize it at all! If anyone has a solution i'd be grateful. Note: My windows 10 as well as my controller are up to date and the controller has no malwares

:)

Eduard.St, Sep 1, 2021

2. XBox one controller stopped working in games

Hi

Up until recently my XBox One controller was working fine. Last time I player for about 30 minutes with it in Destiny 2, I think it was around a month ago or so.

Today I wanted to play a games entirely on XBox One, and had plans with my wife for it, and was very disappointed when XBox One controlled did not work. I started to dig the issue and read forums. I already spent over 2 hours trying to solve this. Here are
    some details.

Symptoms:

• I connect XBox One controller with a USB cable
    • After connecting it takes it 2-5 seconds to initialize. After that it works for 1 second, and then it stops working.
    • It always works in calibration program ("Set up USB game controllers")
    • Once it opened Game bar and worked there, but not in the game
    • In Little Nightmares if I click the XBox button (main one) the game screen slightly flashes brighter, but game won't switch to controller mode and no other buttons work
    • XBox Accessories app only recognizes it after I reboot my PC. The rest of the time it tell me that I need to connect the controller.

Steps tried:

• I tried about 5 different micro USB cables
    • I checked drivers in Device manager - they are up to date
    • I checked firmware verison XBox Accesories app tell me it is up to date
    • I tried it with other games, lik Ark, Destiny
    • I tried killing some overlay services, after killing Game bar it worked for a few seconds but then stopped working again

Please, help me. This issue totally ruined my evening.

Maybe I'm oldschool, but I'm used to such things like GAMEPADS - WORKING 24\7.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

MichaelDavydov, Sep 1, 2021
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Xbox controller not working in certain games on windows 10

Xbox One controller working wrong

Hi,

The issue may be related to the incompatible Xbox one controller drivers.

Please try the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • In the Device Manager, go to > Human Interface Devices > Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class .
    • If you notice a yellow exclamation, double-click on the Xbox One Controller and go to the Driver tab, click on Update.
    • If the driver is already updated, uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.
    I would also suggest you check if the game is compatible with Windows 10.

If this doesn't help correct your issue, please contact the Xbox Support.

Xbox Forums

Results in Gaming and Xbox - Microsoft Community

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Xbox controller not working in certain games on windows 10

1. Xbox controller not working in certain games on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Xbox controller working

2. Xbox controllers not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controllers not working on Windows 10: I have 3 controllers, a forza edition Xbox series controller, the original controller that came included with the series console and a design lab controller. I recently turned to pc in December 2019 now I’m literally playing on my pc and switch all the time streaming some...
  3. Xbox controllers not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controllers not working on Windows 10: I have 3 controllers, a forza edition Xbox series controller, the original controller that came included with the series console and a design lab controller. I recently turned to pc in December 2019 now I’m literally playing on my pc and switch all the time streaming some...
  4. Xbox Series Controller connected through Bluetooth not working correctly in certain games

Xbox Series Controller connected through Bluetooth not working correctly in certain games: I have my Xbox Series controller connected to my computer through Bluetooth, and generally it works like normal, but in games like Outlast and Outlast 2, it acts wonky as hell, like using the B instead of the A button to confirm stuff and in Outlast 2 to move down the main...
  5. Xbox Series Controller connected through Bluetooth not working correctly in certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Series Controller connected through Bluetooth not working correctly in certain games: I have my Xbox Series controller connected to my computer through Bluetooth, and generally it works like normal, but in games like Outlast and Outlast 2, it acts wonky as hell, like using the B instead of the A button to confirm stuff and in Outlast 2 to move down the main...
  6. Xbox Controllers: Not Working on Windows 10

Xbox Controllers: Not Working on Windows 10: I have 4 Xbox controllers from Xbox One onwards. I bought the original PC Bluetooth adapter many years ago, and also the smaller one more recently. I've tried everything and the controllers constantly disconnect from my Windows 10 PC. I plug the controllers in via the USB...
  7. Xbox Controllers: Not Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controllers: Not Working on Windows 10: I have 4 Xbox controllers from Xbox One onwards. I bought the original PC Bluetooth adapter many years ago, and also the smaller one more recently. I've tried everything and the controllers constantly disconnect from my Windows 10 PC. I plug the controllers in via the USB...
  8. Xbox Controllers: Not Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Xbox controller on win10 not work in games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller on win10 not work in games.: Hello. I bought a PowerA xbox usb controller to use on my win10 dell laptop. System sees controller and installed the driver, but doesn't work in games. I apologize for nube question....
  10. xbox one controller not working in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox one controller not working in game: I have the latest imac and downloaded windows 10 on it to play some games. I am using an xboc one wired controller that seems to work on the PC through testing and through STEAM however when I open up the game it doesn't work in game!!! the middle X button is the only button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. control xbox one

2. xbox one controller