Windows 10: Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest

Discus and support Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The right trigger, and the B button each seem to be mapped to two or more distinct functions. For example, when I hit B it jumps as well as starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by robertfaa, Jun 27, 2019.

1. robertfaa Win User

Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest

The right trigger, and the B button each seem to be mapped to two or more distinct functions.

For example, when I hit B it jumps as well as starting up the save function.

When I lightly touch the trigger it functions as push/pull and shoot and when I fully press the trigger it does both of the previous, as well as a charging for a blast attack.

Oh, and the cursor is not bound inside the game when 'supposedly' in full screen. Even when using controller if the right stick is used then the mouse can and will go up into the menu bar and cause the "minimise", "maximise", "close" butotn to appear as well as causing the taskbar to show up when moving down causing you to tab out of the game.

Anyone know how to fix?

:)

robertfaa, Jun 27, 2019
  2. LoGurnik Win User

Xbox One controller working wrong

I am trying to use my Xbox One controller to play Ori and the Blind Forest, but when I try to use my controller the controls are all messed up! For example the left joystick should control the character to move left and right but instead Ori just moves
    left on his own, RT moves him right, and the joystick stops him moving. I've tested it and it's definitely the controller that's the problem.

This only started after I upgraded to Windows 10. I've tried unplugging/replugging the controller, uninstalling and reinstalling the controller, uninstalling the game, and restarting my computer but none of that worked.

LoGurnik, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    #XboxE3 2018: Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Source: E3 2018: Ori and the Will of the Wisps Takes You Beyond the Forest of Nibel - Xbox Wire

Brink, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest

1. Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest - Similar Threads - Xbox controller working

2. Controller not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working properly: Hi i have an 8bitdo ultimate wired controller been using it for a year, suddenly now i have problem when i play games like fifa and nba the key mapping is changin and the button are changing to ps4 or numbers. I don't why this happened but when i click button a it became...
  3. Controller not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller not working properly: Hi i have an 8bitdo ultimate wired controller been using it for a year, suddenly now i have problem when i play games like fifa and nba the key mapping is changin and the button are changing to ps4 or numbers. I don't why this happened but when i click button a it became...
  4. Controller not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox controller not properly connecting to pc.

Xbox controller not properly connecting to pc.: Xbox one controller is connected but not reading as an input device.things tried so farrestarting both controller and computer multiple times checking for driver updates multiple timesuninstalled/reinstalled drivers multible timestried connecting via usbtried connecting via...
  6. I cant use the mouse in microsoft games ori and the blind forest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use the mouse in microsoft games ori and the blind forest: Hello,Recently I 've bought my first game from microsoft store : ori and the blind forest . I have a dual monitor setup.the mouse has weird behaviors, sometimes the cursor is always visible so it's so destructing and also it doesn't lock on the screen the game on game is...
  7. Microsoft Xbox Controller not properly working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Xbox Controller not properly working: Hello, I recently had to get a new motherboard, processor, and RAM and swapped from Intel to AMD. Prior to the swap my controller worked fine, I never had any issues with it. Now whenever I try to connect the controller via USB to my PC its a wired controller the home button...
  8. Xbox One Controller Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Not Working Properly: Hi, I've been using my xbox one controller on windows 10 wired connection flawlessly for the past year. However, today I was messing with the drivers for another device and mistakenly messed with the xbox one controller drivers. The controller is no longer recognized by my...
  9. Ori and the Blind Forest updated over metered

Ori and the Blind Forest updated over metered: My Ori and the Blind Forest updated over metered was updateed over my METERED connection. The starnge thing is I even had turned off automatic updated from Microsoft Store. And it used 1/4 th of my monthly cap in 3 hours. Can someone expalin how it happend and how to stop...
  10. Xbox controller not working with Ori and the Blind Forrest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not working with Ori and the Blind Forrest: The right trigger, and the B button each seem to be mapped to two or more distinct functions. For example, when I hit B it jumps as well as starting up the save function. When I lightly touch the trigger it functions as push/pull and shoot and when I fully press the...