Windows 10: Xbox controller not working with Ori and the Blind Forrest

Discus and support Xbox controller not working with Ori and the Blind Forrest in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The right trigger, and the B button each seem to be mapped to two or more distinct functions. For example, when I hit B it jumps as well as starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by robertfaa, Jun 27, 2019.

1. robertfaa Win User

Xbox controller not working with Ori and the Blind Forrest

The right trigger, and the B button each seem to be mapped to two or more distinct functions.

For example, when I hit B it jumps as well as starting up the save function.

When I lightly touch the trigger it functions as push/pull and shoot and when I fully press the trigger it does both of the previus, as well as a charging for a blast attack.

Oh, and the cursor is not bound inside the game when 'supposedly' in full screen. Even when using controller if the right stick is used then the mouse can and will go up into the menu bar and cause the "minimise", "maximise", "close" butotn to appear as well as causing the taskbar to show up when moving down causing you to tab out of the game.

Anyone know how to fix?

:)

robertfaa, Jun 27, 2019
  2. LoGurnik Win User

Xbox One controller working wrong

I am trying to use my Xbox One controller to play Ori and the Blind Forest, but when I try to use my controller the controls are all messed up! For example the left joystick should control the character to move left and right but instead Ori just moves
    left on his own, RT moves him right, and the joystick stops him moving. I've tested it and it's definitely the controller that's the problem.

This only started after I upgraded to Windows 10. I've tried unplugging/replugging the controller, uninstalling and reinstalling the controller, uninstalling the game, and restarting my computer but none of that worked.

LoGurnik, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    #XboxE3 2018: Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Source: E3 2018: Ori and the Will of the Wisps Takes You Beyond the Forest of Nibel - Xbox Wire

Brink, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Tak1 Win User

Xbox One controller no longer working for various games

Common symptoms include the L stick always staying left and the triggers not working.

This has happened for me in games like Ori and the Blind Forest and Oddworld: New n' Tasty.

They used to work just fine with the same controller on Windows 8.1.

Another thing is the controller no longer rumbles when connected like it used to do.

This problem can be replicated easily on any system running Windows 10 and using an Xbox One controller connected with a micro USB cable. It occurs on three different devices I have tested.

Thema:

1. Xbox controller not working with Ori and the Blind Forrest - Similar Threads - Xbox controller working

2. Xbox One controler not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox One controler not working: I have Xbox one controller that I use wired for gaming. But it is not being recognized on my Windows 11 PC anymore. I run Developer Preview buildcanary channel. PC makes sound when I plug USB in but it doesn't show up anywhere device manager, settings, etc. Xbox logo on...
  3. bluetooth not working-xbox controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth not working-xbox controller: trying to connect xbox controller to pc. this has worked easily in the past, and have used the USB dongle to connect to many USB devices and my mouse currently works. i am unable to connect xbox controller...
  4. I cant use the mouse in microsoft games ori and the blind forest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use the mouse in microsoft games ori and the blind forest: Hello,Recently I 've bought my first game from microsoft store : ori and the blind forest . I have a dual monitor setup.the mouse has weird behaviors, sometimes the cursor is always visible so it's so destructing and also it doesn't lock on the screen the game on game is...
  5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps: Bonjour, Le jeu Ori and the Will of the Wisps est injouable puisqu'il est impossible de sauvegarder lors que l'on sort du jeu les sauvegardes sont tout simplement effacées et annule toute progression, cette achat est une arnaque pure. Il y a t il une solution a ce problème...
  6. Xbox Controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Controller not working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sexysenju [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jocl4b/xbox_controller_not_working/
  7. Ori and the Blind Forest updated over metered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ori and the Blind Forest updated over metered: My Ori and the Blind Forest updated over metered was updateed over my METERED connection. The starnge thing is I even had turned off automatic updated from Microsoft Store. And it used 1/4 th of my monthly cap in 3 hours. Can someone expalin how it happend and how to stop...
  8. Xbox controller stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller stopped working: I was playing fine with my controller on modern warfere then out of nowhere i can use it anymore my computer recognizes it i can press the xbox button and open gamepad but its unresponsive in game. Ive uninstalled driver reinstalled it over 5 times all my stuff is updated im...
  9. Xbox One Controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller not working: I have tried everything. It is a new controller so can anyone please help me? submitted by /u/CrushingBlowBG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl9h25/xbox_one_controller_not_working/
  10. Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest: The right trigger, and the B button each seem to be mapped to two or more distinct functions. For example, when I hit B it jumps as well as starting up the save function. When I lightly touch the trigger it functions as push/pull and shoot and when I fully press the...