Windows 10: Xbox controller on PC & backround apps issue

Discus and support Xbox controller on PC & backround apps issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a problem where my Xbox controller clicks on a background app's link. for my situation, Microsoft flight simulator is installing in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by XxGHOST18XXx, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Xbox controller on PC & backround apps issue

I have a problem where my Xbox controller clicks on a background app's link. for my situation, Microsoft flight simulator is installing in the background and I'm trying to play warzone with my elite series II controller, whenever I press "A" on the controller to jump or anything related to pressing the "A" button in-game, it clicks the flight simulator's forum links and takes me out of the game. i have no issues with connections or Bluetooth. I'm well connected to my pc. this didn't happen on my standard Xbox one controller. Anyone else have this problem? is it a firmware issue? A bug?

:)

XxGHOST18XXx, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Oblivion PC Xbox controller

Could someone suggest a way to use my xbox controller with the pc version of oblivion?

greenhouse, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Xbox controller on PC & backround apps issue

Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Xbox controller on PC & backround apps issue

1. Xbox controller on PC & backround apps issue - Similar Threads - Xbox controller backround

2. Xbox controller issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller issue: Hello, I have an Xbox one controller ever since I updated Windows no matter what PC I use. No matter if I restart or reinstall windows, I have this issue. When pushing three buttons on the controller it glitches out so in games like FIFA 23, doing a power shot is not possible...
  3. Xbox controller issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller issue: Hello, I have an Xbox one controller ever since I updated Windows no matter what PC I use. No matter if I restart or reinstall windows, I have this issue. When pushing three buttons on the controller it glitches out so in games like FIFA 23, doing a power shot is not possible...
  4. Xbox Controller Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller Issue: Xbox controllers do not work properly on this computer. Inputs do not fuction correctly in Fortnite and the Xbox accessories app. When clicking the A button the controller will input something entirelty different like a directional input or simply nothing at all. I don't have...
  5. Xbox Controller Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller Issue: Xbox controllers do not work properly on this computer. Inputs do not fuction correctly in Fortnite and the Xbox accessories app. When clicking the A button the controller will input something entirelty different like a directional input or simply nothing at all. I don't have...
  6. Xbox Controller Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox One Controller issues on PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One Controller issues on PC: So, my xbox one controller keeps disconnecting and causing issues during COD:MW. It ONLY happens on this game. I've tried RDR2 and GTAV and it doesn't do this. I'll be playing the game and after a few minutes, the screen will lag a bunch and the screen will say "controller...
  8. another xbox one controller issue with the pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    another xbox one controller issue with the pc: My xbox one controller used to work perfectly on my pc until yesterday. I always used my micro-usb cable to connect it, and it always would turn on istantly. Starting from yesterday, when I connected my controller it would vibrate and nothing would happen? Did my cable just...
  9. Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC: I have a second-hand xbox one s controller that connects fine via bluetooth to my phone, but it doesn't on pc. It either tries to connect and once I accept on pc it still flashes like it's connecting or it just doesn't appear in the bluetooth screen. It works fine with any...
  10. Xbox Controllers issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Controllers issue: I tried two different Xbox controllers on my PC and they won’t work. I checked them with Xbox and they worked there. The device manager showed that the driver is incorrect but I cannot update because of the error Windows found drivers for your device but encountered...