Windows 10: Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected

Discus and support Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever my Xbox One controller disconnects, whatever input it was giving to Windows gets frozen in place, permanently. This results in my having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ripp Saw, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Ripp Saw Win User

Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected

Whenever my Xbox One controller disconnects, whatever input it was giving to Windows gets frozen in place, permanently. This results in my having to unplug the computer because I cannot even use the menus to restart it. Even if I delete the device and leave it unplugged the behavior continues. I don't even want my controller to control Windows.I've seen dozens of posts about this and M$ doesn't seem keen to provide any solution.

:)

Ripp Saw, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Wired Xbox 360 Controller Keeps disconnecting itself

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forum.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows

Xbox Support

Xbox controllers, headsets, and wireless accessories

Xbox Support

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect

Xbox Support

If you still have issues, I would suggest you to contact Xbox support

Contact us

Xbox Support

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Windows Constantly Scrolling After Xbox one controller Disconnect

Hi,

So I've been having a problem for a while where my start menu and calendar were constantly scrolling without me doing anything with the only solution being a restart. after playing around in the device manager and looking at the Xbox accessories app I found that whenever my controller gets disconnected with an input being entered that input get permanently stuck even if I unplug my controller (e.g if the controller got disconnected with the left stick up then until i next restart my computer is constantly getting that input). I'm using an offical xbox one controller with the latest firmware, and an on the latest release of windows and find myself baffled by the issues especially since those 'ghost' inputs are only being seen in windows, steam and games don't experience them.

any help would be really useful since having to restart to be able to use my start menu is slightly inconvenient.

thanks.

NathanielJones1, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected

XBOX One Dashboard Auto-Scrolling to Right

Hi Jaime,

To properly isolate your concern, please provide us more details about the issue with the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Is there a Kinect connected to the console?
    • Does the issue occur even if your controllers are turned off?

You can also follow the suggested methods below to resolve your concern:

Method 1. Power cycle your Xbox One console.

You can reset, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect your Xbox One console to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.

Here are the steps: 

• Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely. 
    • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    • Plug the console power cable back in.
    • Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.  

Method 2. Clear the storage cache on the console.

Here are the steps: 

• Press the menu key on the controller.  
    • Go to Settings, and then select Disc & Blu-Ray.  
    • In the Blu-Ray section select Persistent Storage.  
    • Select Clear persistent storage.

Method 3. Clear Mac address.

• Here are the steps: 
    • Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.  
    • Select Settings.  
    • Select All Settings.  
    • Select Network.  
    • Select Network settings.  
    • Select Advance settings.  
    • Select Alternate MAC address.  
    • Select Clear.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected

1. Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller Scrolls

2. Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting: So I have my Xbox Elite 2 controller plugged in to the back of my pc and it used to work before hand, now it dosen't. The problem that I keep having is that I want to overclock my controller using hidusbf and whenever I do that and go through the steps it works fine but then...
  3. Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected: Whenever my Xbox One controller disconnects, whatever input it was giving to Windows gets frozen in place, permanently. This results in my having to unplug the computer because I cannot even use the menus to restart it. Even if I delete the device and leave it unplugged the...
  4. Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected: Whenever my Xbox One controller disconnects, whatever input it was giving to Windows gets frozen in place, permanently. This results in my having to unplug the computer because I cannot even use the menus to restart it. Even if I delete the device and leave it unplugged the...
  5. XBox Controller Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  6. XBox Controller Disconnects

XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  7. Windows Constantly Scrolling After Xbox one controller Disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Constantly Scrolling After Xbox one controller Disconnect: Hi,So I've been having a problem for a while where my start menu and calendar were constantly scrolling without me doing anything with the only solution being a restart. after playing around in the device manager and looking at the Xbox accessories app I found that whenever...
  8. Windows Constantly Scrolling After Xbox one controller Disconnect

Windows Constantly Scrolling After Xbox one controller Disconnect: Hi,So I've been having a problem for a while where my start menu and calendar were constantly scrolling without me doing anything with the only solution being a restart. after playing around in the device manager and looking at the Xbox accessories app I found that whenever...
  9. Windows Constantly Scrolling After Xbox one controller Disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Uncontrollable scrolling and Xbox Controller disconnects sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uncontrollable scrolling and Xbox Controller disconnects sometimes: So, I dropped my Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard and later that day this started happening... Latest generation Xbox game controller wired connection began randomly disconnecting. Also, when I open the start menu, I get continuous scrolling downwards. Xbox controller: I've...