Windows 10: Xbox Controller showing up in "Other devices" in Windows 10 bluetooth

Discus and support Xbox Controller showing up in "Other devices" in Windows 10 bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a Xbox Elite Series 2 controller for Xbox and pc gaming via bluetooth. Syncing back to xbox is quick and easy, but syncing back to pc was always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Uhh..Daniel., Jul 10, 2020.

1. Xbox Controller showing up in "Other devices" in Windows 10 bluetooth

I use a Xbox Elite Series 2 controller for Xbox and pc gaming via bluetooth. Syncing back to xbox is quick and easy, but syncing back to pc was always a pain since it required you to click on the already "connected" controller tab, click "remove device", then search for it again via bluetooth search to add it back. But now it's become even more tedious with this recent problem I ran into.

Now sometimes when I search and add the device, instead of going to the "Mouse, keyboard, pen" section and working fine, it sometimes goes to the "Other devices" section and will not work. The controller will continue to rapidly blink and search for a connection while the pc says the xbox contoller is connected under other devices.

Tried turning bluetooth on and off, tried resyncing controller multiple times, nothing. Only workaround I found was uninstalling the bluetooth driver which was up to date when I tried updating and restarting the pc. Itll continue to work normally from then on. Problem is, it only does until I swap back to xbox and then back to PC again. It will sometimes happen again, thus another uninstall/reset.

Can't seem to find an answer to this online so here I am, since having to do uninstall/reset everytime I wanna use my controller is kinda dumb.

:)

Uhh..Daniel., Jul 10, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Xbox Controller showing up in "Other devices" in Windows 10 bluetooth

Cant connect my XBOX ONE controller to my W10 pc via bluetooth

Hi,

If you encounter issues connecting an Xbox One Wireless Controller on your Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth, it may be because of an incorrect device configuration. Another factor that we have to take into consideration is an outdated Bluetooth driver. We suggest
    running the Bluetooth troubleshooter on your Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth >
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect.
    • Disconnect then reconnect the controller and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend verifying if the Bluetooth device shows on the Device Manager. To do so, kindly perform the following steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Show hidden devices.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Devices by connection.
    • Find your Bluetooth hardware.

Xbox Controller showing up in "Other devices" in Windows 10 bluetooth 4015881_en_2.png

For additional troubleshooting steps, refer to
    How to connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller
    . The details on that page will guide you how to connect the controller via Bluetooth as well as troubleshooting methods you may perform if you encounter issues with the Bluetooth
    connection.

We're looking forward to get this issue resolved.

Do get back to us with the progress. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional troubleshooting solutions.

Catherine Cus., Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Controller showing up in "Other devices" in Windows 10 bluetooth

1. Xbox Controller showing up in "Other devices" in Windows 10 bluetooth - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller showing

2. xbox elite 1 controller not showing up in bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox elite 1 controller not showing up in bluetooth: I just bought an xbox elite controller online. I have tried all of the driver update, uninstall/reinstall ways to fix this. I have the xbox accessory app and the controller is updated. It works find when plugged into the pc but will not show up on my pc for bluetooth. I have...
  3. xbox elite 1 controller not showing up in bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox elite 1 controller not showing up in bluetooth: I just bought an xbox elite controller online. I have tried all of the driver update, uninstall/reinstall ways to fix this. I have the xbox accessory app and the controller is updated. It works find when plugged into the pc but will not show up on my pc for bluetooth. I have...
  4. Deleted XBOX Wireless Controller Stuck in Bluetooth & other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted XBOX Wireless Controller Stuck in Bluetooth & other devices: Bluetooth & other devices is a section of the Windows 10 settings. It will contain your XBOX Wireless Controller if you have one. The pairing of this controller was very simple and it has worked well for three years. It has now stopped working. Here is what I see:As you can...
  5. xbox controller not showing up in bluetooth menu

xbox controller not showing up in bluetooth menu: My Xbox controller is not showing up in my Bluetooth options when i try to connect, this is on my pc, there is no option to turn Bluetooth on or off, can someone please help?...
  6. xbox controller not showing up in bluetooth menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox controller not showing up in bluetooth menu: My Xbox controller is not showing up in my Bluetooth options when i try to connect, this is on my pc, there is no option to turn Bluetooth on or off, can someone please help?...
  7. xbox controller not showing up in bluetooth menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. External Bluetooth device showing up as Other Devices Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Bluetooth device showing up as Other Devices Windows 11: So, I've tried troubleshooting this issue quite a lot, I upgraded to windows 11 and ever since then my external bluetooth device has not worked since then, Tried the Bluetooth device on another Pc and it workedwindows 10I think it might be a windows 11 issue as it might be...
  9. External Bluetooth device showing up as Other Devices Windows 11

External Bluetooth device showing up as Other Devices Windows 11: So, I've tried troubleshooting this issue quite a lot, I upgraded to windows 11 and ever since then my external bluetooth device has not worked since then, Tried the Bluetooth device on another Pc and it workedwindows 10I think it might be a windows 11 issue as it might be...
  10. Xbox Controller not showing up in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controller not showing up in Device Manager: I recently bought an xbox 360 controller and it doesn't show up in Device Manager. I bought some new batteries and cable and it recognized it but I kept getting a code 10 error. Then I uninstalled the controller and now it doesn't show up at all after restarting my PC and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 controller only works when in other devices

2. xbox controller showing in bluetooth tab

3. windows 10 wireless controller listed as other devices

4. bluetooth controller appearing in other devices