Windows 10: Xbox controller stopped working

Discus and support Xbox controller stopped working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was playing fine with my controller on modern warfere then out of nowhere i can use it anymore my computer recognizes it i can press the xbox button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DylanHart4, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Xbox controller stopped working

I was playing fine with my controller on modern warfere then out of nowhere i can use it anymore my computer recognizes it i can press the xbox button and open gamepad but its unresponsive in game. Ive uninstalled driver reinstalled it over 5 times all my stuff is updated im mad someone help

:)

DylanHart4, Apr 3, 2020

2. XBox one controller stopped working in games

Hi

Up until recently my XBox One controller was working fine. Last time I player for about 30 minutes with it in Destiny 2, I think it was around a month ago or so.

Today I wanted to play a games entirely on XBox One, and had plans with my wife for it, and was very disappointed when XBox One controlled did not work. I started to dig the issue and read forums. I already spent over 2 hours trying to solve this. Here are
    some details.

Symptoms:

• I connect XBox One controller with a USB cable
    • After connecting it takes it 2-5 seconds to initialize. After that it works for 1 second, and then it stops working.
    • It always works in calibration program ("Set up USB game controllers")
    • Once it opened Game bar and worked there, but not in the game
    • In Little Nightmares if I click the XBox button (main one) the game screen slightly flashes brighter, but game won't switch to controller mode and no other buttons work
    • XBox Accessories app only recognizes it after I reboot my PC. The rest of the time it tell me that I need to connect the controller.

Steps tried:

• I tried about 5 different micro USB cables
    • I checked drivers in Device manager - they are up to date
    • I checked firmware verison XBox Accesories app tell me it is up to date
    • I tried it with other games, lik Ark, Destiny
    • I tried killing some overlay services, after killing Game bar it worked for a few seconds but then stopped working again

Please, help me. This issue totally ruined my evening.

Maybe I'm oldschool, but I'm used to such things like GAMEPADS - WORKING 24\7.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

MichaelDavydov, Apr 3, 2020
  3. XBox one controller stopped working in games

Hi Michael,

There is a possibility that you may encounter issues with using your Xbox One Controller on your PC if it is outdated. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you tried to connect the controller via a wireless connection to your PC?
    • Have you tried to connect the USB cable to a different USB port on your PC?
    • Does the controller work on a different device?
    • Did the issue start after an update?

In the meantime, you may visit this
    link
    for the steps on how to troubleshoot update issues with your Xbox One Controller.

Loraine Mon, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Xbox controller stopped working

XBox one controller stopped working in games

Thank you for your response. The standard Xbox One Wireless controller has a built-in Bluetooth technology that will allow you to connect your Xbox One controller to the PC via a Bluetooth connection.

If the controller is working on Xbox One, that means there is an issue with the drivers or the updates installed on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you manually uninstall the drivers from the Device manager and update it again. Here's how:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Unplug the USB cable for the controller and restart your PC.

If the issue persists, resetting the Windows Update components will help resolve your concern since it started after an update. You may refer to
    How do I reset Windows Update components? for the steps.

Should you need further assistance, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Xbox controller stopped working

1. Xbox controller stopped working - Similar Threads - Xbox controller stopped

2. Xbox Controller connects, works but after a while it stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller connects, works but after a while it stops: Hi, My Xbox Series Controller is behaving very wierdly. I've been using it on my pc. Lately it has alot of problems. Today it barely connected. I was Playing Video games but then my controller stops working but the Xbox button is still lit up. I recently reinstalled the...
  3. Xbox Controller connects, works but after a while it stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller connects, works but after a while it stops: Hi, My Xbox Series Controller is behaving very wierdly. I've been using it on my pc. Lately it has alot of problems. Today it barely connected. I was Playing Video games but then my controller stops working but the Xbox button is still lit up. I recently reinstalled the...
  4. Xbox Controller connects, works but after a while it stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox Controller stopped working on some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller stopped working on some games: Hi all!I have played Elden Ring before, completed the game using my 9th Gen Xbox Controller, no issues.Then I stopped playing the game for a while, I never used my controller in months.Now I got NFS racing pack from Steam and downloaded NFS Unbound, it does not recognize my...
  6. Xbox Controller stopped working on some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller stopped working on some games: Hi all!I have played Elden Ring before, completed the game using my 9th Gen Xbox Controller, no issues.Then I stopped playing the game for a while, I never used my controller in months.Now I got NFS racing pack from Steam and downloaded NFS Unbound, it does not recognize my...
  7. Xbox Controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Controller not working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sexysenju [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jocl4b/xbox_controller_not_working/
  8. Xbox One controller stopped working on PC

Xbox One controller stopped working on PC: Hey guys, I've been using a controller on my PC for a couple months but it has suddenly stopped connecting. Usually it vibrates and the controller turns on automatically but now it vibrates once and doesn't turn on. When i turn it on it just isn't recognized on my PC....
  9. Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly: Hi, Was playing the witcher 3 via steam with my xbox one controller connected to my PC via bluetooth, had no issues this would of been approx 05/01/2020 Almost 2 weeks later and no matter which of my various controllers I use or which games I try to play, controller's...
  10. Bluetooth from Xbox controller stopped working on windows 10

Bluetooth from Xbox controller stopped working on windows 10: Hello ! I have an xbox one s controller, and until some time ago I was able to use it normally via bluetooth (I paired it and it connected automatically). However, it suddenly stopped working (but it still works in usb). I tried to connect it to an other device and it works...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pair xbox 360 with windows 10