Windows 10: Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC

Discus and support Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using my wired Xbox controller to play games on my PC, and several weeks ago, it suddenly stopped working correctly - but only with some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeggyRogers96, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC

I've been using my wired Xbox controller to play games on my PC, and several weeks ago, it suddenly stopped working correctly - but only with some games. With Dead by Daylight and Fall Guys, the controller works fine, but not with Fortnite or Minecraft. With Fortnite, for example, the joystick acts like the sensitivity is cranked up to 300%. Pushing the right bumper button to switch weapons also opens my inventory. Pushing the left joystick to sprint opens an onscreen keyboard. The menu button doesn't work at all. The on screen control prompts will suddenly shift to show the mouse/keyboard pro

:)

PeggyRogers96, Aug 20, 2022
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 20, 2022
  3. XBox one controller stopped working in games

Hi

Up until recently my XBox One controller was working fine. Last time I player for about 30 minutes with it in Destiny 2, I think it was around a month ago or so.

Today I wanted to play a games entirely on XBox One, and had plans with my wife for it, and was very disappointed when XBox One controlled did not work. I started to dig the issue and read forums. I already spent over 2 hours trying to solve this. Here are
    some details.

Symptoms:

• I connect XBox One controller with a USB cable
    • After connecting it takes it 2-5 seconds to initialize. After that it works for 1 second, and then it stops working.
    • It always works in calibration program ("Set up USB game controllers")
    • Once it opened Game bar and worked there, but not in the game
    • In Little Nightmares if I click the XBox button (main one) the game screen slightly flashes brighter, but game won't switch to controller mode and no other buttons work
    • XBox Accessories app only recognizes it after I reboot my PC. The rest of the time it tell me that I need to connect the controller.

Steps tried:

• I tried about 5 different micro USB cables
    • I checked drivers in Device manager - they are up to date
    • I checked firmware verison XBox Accesories app tell me it is up to date
    • I tried it with other games, lik Ark, Destiny
    • I tried killing some overlay services, after killing Game bar it worked for a few seconds but then stopped working again

Please, help me. This issue totally ruined my evening.

Maybe I'm oldschool, but I'm used to such things like GAMEPADS - WORKING 24\7.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

MichaelDavydov, Aug 20, 2022
  4. Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC

Xbox one controller suddenly not working with Windows 10

Problem description:

- Xbox One controller now listed in Device Manager as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

- I get the following "USB device not recognized" notification when connecting Xbox One controller:

The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned

Troubleshooting steps taken:

- Restart computer multiple times

- Try with 2 additional USB cables

- Try all 3 cables in different USB slots

- Uninstall controller in Device Manager, then reconnected controller. Devices is re-added with same error message:

"Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

Observations:

- When I tried plugging controller into the keyboard's built in USB sockets, it caused the keyboard and mouse to suddenly stop working and appear to power down until restart.

- This controller has never had this problem on this device in the past, and has previous worked perfectly with all 3 cables I used in testing.

Any additional troubleshooting steps you can suggest? Thanks in advance.

Nathan2014, Aug 20, 2022
Thema:

Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC

1. Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC - Similar Threads - Xbox controller suddenly

2. Xbox controller headset suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller headset suddenly not working: I been using the official controller and connected headset for a long time now and suddenly its not working. I used it 99% on gamebar but now no programs can hear from it including the OS tester even though its connected and shows up. There were no updates or changes nothing....
  3. Xbox controller headset suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller headset suddenly not working: I been using the official controller and connected headset for a long time now and suddenly its not working. I used it 99% on gamebar but now no programs can hear from it including the OS tester even though its connected and shows up. There were no updates or changes nothing....
  4. Xbox Controller stopped working on some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller stopped working on some games: Hi all!I have played Elden Ring before, completed the game using my 9th Gen Xbox Controller, no issues.Then I stopped playing the game for a while, I never used my controller in months.Now I got NFS racing pack from Steam and downloaded NFS Unbound, it does not recognize my...
  5. Xbox Controller stopped working on some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller stopped working on some games: Hi all!I have played Elden Ring before, completed the game using my 9th Gen Xbox Controller, no issues.Then I stopped playing the game for a while, I never used my controller in months.Now I got NFS racing pack from Steam and downloaded NFS Unbound, it does not recognize my...
  6. Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC: I've been using my wired Xbox controller to play games on my PC, and several weeks ago, it suddenly stopped working correctly - but only with some games. With Dead by Daylight and Fall Guys, the controller works fine, but not with Fortnite or Minecraft. With Fortnite, for...
  7. Controller not working on some Xbox Game Pass PC games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working on some Xbox Game Pass PC games: Hi, recently i started my Xbox Game Pass subscription for PC and have been playing a lot. However, i installed Ori And The Blind Forest and my controller doesn't work. I use a Razer Serval to play. Sometimes when i can't use the controller i just use the x360ce controller...
  8. Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC: Hey everyone, was looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem with their controller. I have a Xbox One S controller that I usually use for games that require one, but as of recently it just won't work for them. I have a data transfer microusb that I use for it. It...
  9. Xbox controller on win10 not work in games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller on win10 not work in games.: Hello. I bought a PowerA xbox usb controller to use on my win10 dell laptop. System sees controller and installed the driver, but doesn't work in games. I apologize for nube question....
  10. xbox one controller not working in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox one controller not working in game: I have the latest imac and downloaded windows 10 on it to play some games. I am using an xboc one wired controller that seems to work on the PC through testing and through STEAM however when I open up the game it doesn't work in game!!! the middle X button is the only button...