Windows 10: Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

Discus and support Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RickyMandair, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the evening before, did not turn the PC off and in the morning the light had turned off and it was unresponsive and no longer "connected" in device manager.PC is pretty high end - Strix B550 Mobo, Ryzen 5800x, Nvidia 3080ti. Main controller is a Power A Fusion Pro wired controller with mappable paddles with a USB extension wire to keep the controller cable from being stressed where it plugs in. Diagnosis steps taken. Unplug and replug controller fro

:)

RickyMandair, Oct 22, 2021

2. Windows 10 Apps not detecting Xbox one controller with usb wire

To further isolate your concern, we recommend the following steps below:

• Test the controller on a different device.
    • Connect a different controller on your computer.
    • Use a different USB cable.
    • Connect the controller using a Bluetooth connection if your computer is Bluetooth capable. You can view the steps on this

link

Let us know the results.

Loraine Mon, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

Xbox One Controller Wired Connection Registers as Generic Controller

Hi Trey,

Using a micro-USB cable is one way on how you can connect your Xbox One Controller to a Windows 10 PC. Once connected, it will install the most current drivers needed for your controller. Regarding your concern, have you tried using another micro-USB
    cable? If not, we suggest that you uninstall first the current driver for your Xbox One Controller on your computer, restart, and then connect the controller using another USB cable.
    There's a possibility that it affects the computer to get the correct driver for your controller.

If your Xbox One Controller still treated as the generic controller, we recommend that you manually install the driver by performing the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    • Once Device Manager opens, locate and right-click Xbox One Controller.
    • From the menu choose Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller on the list and click
      Next
      to install it. If you can’t locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver, you might have to uncheck
      Show compatible hardware option.

Let us know if that works for you.

Ariel Acu, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

1. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10 - Similar Threads - Xbox controller USB

2. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10: Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the evening before, did not turn the PC off and in the morning the light had turned off and it was unresponsive and no longer...
  3. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10: Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the evening before, did not turn the PC off and in the morning the light had turned off and it was unresponsive and no longer...
  4. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller USB cable problem PC: Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the evening before, did not turn the PC off and in the morning the light had turned off and it was unresponsive and no longer...
  5. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller USB cable problem PC: Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the evening before, did not turn the PC off and in the morning the light had turned off and it was unresponsive and no longer...
  6. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC

7. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  8. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  9. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

10. XBOX One Controller only works with one USB Cable

XBOX One Controller only works with one USB Cable: I play a few games on my Windows 10 machine with an XBOX one controller. I usually have the same cable plugged into the controller, and unplug it from the machine occasionally when I need to free up a port. Well the other day I wanted to charge my tablet so I grabbed the...