Windows 10: Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it

Discus and support Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have the xbox dongle and I used to be able to turn my controller off and on as many times as I needed to. Now I can only connect once and if the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SethGardner, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it

I have the xbox dongle and I used to be able to turn my controller off and on as many times as I needed to. Now I can only connect once and if the controller gets turned off I can't reconnect it without restarting steam or my computer. It's a bit of an annoyance. Does anyone know why this started happening or how to fix it?

:)

SethGardner, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Wired Xbox 360 Controller Keeps disconnecting itself

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forum.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-other-devices/windows/xbox-controller-for-windows-help

Xbox controllers, headsets, and wireless accessories

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/controllers-remotes

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...ller-disconnects-frequently-or-cannot-connect

If you still have issues, I would suggest you to contact Xbox support

Contact us

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/conta...ller-disconnects-frequently-or-cannot-connect

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 13, 2018
  3. UndeadBob Win User
    Xbox One Wireless controller keeps disconnecting

After reading some replies on here, there seem to be a lot of various theories. I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you, but I can confirm that exiting Steamworked for me. The problem is very repeatable.

• Connect and disconnect controller
    • Sleep and wake up system
    • Xbox One Wireless controller connects (as shown in the "Game Controllers" panel) and disconnects within 2 seconds.
    • Exit Steam
    • Xbox One Wireless controller connects and works.
    • Restart Steam (controller still works)
    • Disconnect Xbox One Wireless controller, then connects and disconnects within 2 seconds.
    I'm narrowing my problem down to the Big Picture mode, so that problem is for another forum...

Hopefully this workaround helps a few people before the real solution is found.

UndeadBob, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it

Xbox 360 controller keeps disconnecting

Hi Angel,

There are a few things to consider when using an Xbox 360 controller for Windows. To ensure that we haven't missed out anything, we suggest that you consider the following methods:

Ensure that Windows is running on the latest update to promote optimal performance when using the controller. To check if you're system is up to date, you can follow the steps provided on this
    support article.

Remove the controller's device driver completely and manually install it.
    This to is to ensure that we're using the compatible software for your device
    (Skip if the same steps have been followed). To manually install it, follow the steps below:

• Download the latest driver found on this link.

Note: The Windows 7 driver is compatible to
      Windows 10 device.
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Locate and right-click on the controller's device driver.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Uninstall.

Note: Check the box that says, Delete the driver software for this device. This is step is important to rule out any driver related issues.
    • Restart the device if prompted. Once the device boots up, re-install the controller's device driver by opening the downloaded file.
    • Wait for the installation to complete and check if the issue persists.

Connect the controller on a different port to rule out any USB port connection errors.For best results, plug the controller into another USB port on the back of the computer.

Calibrate your controller for better performance. To do this, follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Once you're done with the suggested methods above, check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it

1. Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it - Similar Threads - Xbox controller won't

2. Xbox controller on Pc keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller on Pc keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: My controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from my pc. It does it when it's not plugged in and when it's plugged in. It also sometimes delays when I use the sticks. * Changed to a question...
  3. Xbox controller won't reconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller won't reconnect: I connect my Xbox series controller to my windows PC and it works fine for 15 minutes, but after that it disconnects and doesn't reconnect. I have tried looking through tons of forums that have a similar problem but none of them seem to help....
  4. Xbox controller won't reconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller won't reconnect: I connect my Xbox series controller to my windows PC and it works fine for 15 minutes, but after that it disconnects and doesn't reconnect. I have tried looking through tons of forums that have a similar problem but none of them seem to help....
  5. xbox controller rapid disconnet and reconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox controller rapid disconnet and reconnect: as of a few days ago my xbox elite 2 and other xbox controllers have been what i can only describe as a rapid disconnect and reconnect. it makes it impossible to play any games due it switching back to kiteboard then the next button sends it back to the controller. I've been...
  6. XBox Controller Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  7. XBox Controller Disconnects

XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  8. XBOX Core Wireless Controller Keeps Disconnecting / Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Core Wireless Controller Keeps Disconnecting / Reconnecting: Hi everyone. I just got a new XBOX Core Wireless Controller and when I connect it to my Lenovo Yoga Duet 7i with Intel i7 10th Gen, it works fine for about 5 minutes then starts a constant process of disconnecting then reconnecting. I updated the Intel Drivers for Bluetooth...
  9. XBOX Core Wireless Controller Keeps Disconnecting / Reconnecting

XBOX Core Wireless Controller Keeps Disconnecting / Reconnecting: Hi everyone. I just got a new XBOX Core Wireless Controller and when I connect it to my Lenovo Yoga Duet 7i with Intel i7 10th Gen, it works fine for about 5 minutes then starts a constant process of disconnecting then reconnecting. I updated the Intel Drivers for Bluetooth...
  10. Xbox One controller won't reconnect over Bluetooth after computer restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One controller won't reconnect over Bluetooth after computer restart.: I was having trouble with a PowerA Bluetooth controller with the same issues. Win10 will allow me to pair and connect the controller, it'll work beautifully, and then won't reconnect after a computer restart. I have to remove and repair the device to regain connectivity. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 xbox wireless controller auto reconnect

2. xbox one controller windows 10 wont reconnect

3. windows 10 xbox controller wont reconnect wired

4. my xbox controller for pc randomly disconnected and now wont reconnect,
  5. xbox wireless controller window 10 wont reconnect,
  6. minecraft controller reconnect bluetooth,
  7. controller disconnected from steam big picture and wont reconnect,
  8. xbox one controller wont reconnect,
  9. xbox 360 error message reconnect your controller,
  10. how to reconnect an xbox controller,
  11. xbox controller keeps.desynching fron the xbox and wont reconnect,