Windows 10: Xbox DVR Green Screen Video

Discus and support Xbox DVR Green Screen Video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I get onto my Xbox App on Windows 10, I cannot watch any DVRs; mine or anyone else's. I can hear the playback, however I only get a green screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MicahMan665, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Xbox DVR Green Screen Video

When I get onto my Xbox App on Windows 10, I cannot watch any DVRs; mine or anyone else's. I can hear the playback, however I only get a green screen in the video. Cannot for the love of god find anyone else who has had this problem. Just to clarify - I am not talking about the green screen at the Xbox title screen, where it gives you an error code etc etc. I can log on fine, it is JUST the DVR tab and videos I want to watch. Would really appreciate if someone could help me out yo! Thanks

:)

MicahMan665, Aug 11, 2018

2. Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

To further troubleshoot your concern, w suggest that you run the Windows App Troubleshooter from this link. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, follow the steps below to reset the Windows Store cache and update Xbox App.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter. 
    • Close the Command prompt, and then launch Windows Store. 
    • Update the Xbox App in the Windows Store.  
    • If there is no option for you to update it, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please make sure that the record option for Game DVR on the Xbox App is enabled. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox App.
    • On the left pane, click the gear icon to view Settings.
    • Select Game DVR.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.
    • Check if your Keyboard shortcuts are accurate to the one that you are using.
    • Click Save if you made any changes.

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Xbox DVR [Problem]

Hello Elias,

An outdated Xbox app is one of the possible reasons why you're having an issue when recording videos using the Xbox game DVR. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app?

In the meantime, I recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help resolve problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Xbox DVR Green Screen Video

My xbox app just is a green screen

Hi Jakob,

Corrupted app data and an outdated version of the app are possible reasons as to why the Xbox app just shows green screen after launching it. To determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device or your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried launching other Windows 10 built-in applications to check if the same issue occurs?
    • Are you getting any error messages when the Xbox app is stuck on the green screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1: Run apps troubleshooter

We recommend running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this
    link
    . This troubleshooter can help resolve issues with built-in Windows 10 apps.

Method 2: Check for updates

We also recommend keeping your device up-to-date. Refer to
    How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
    for the steps.

Catherine Cus., Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Xbox DVR Green Screen Video

1. Xbox DVR Green Screen Video - Similar Threads - Xbox DVR Green

2. DVR XBOX SAVE LOCATION

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVR XBOX SAVE LOCATION: Hi I have a problem with the Xbox Game Bar. I cut and pasted the Capture folder to my HDD and it was working. Then when I wanted to move the folder to another hard drive but now the captures not getting saved on my captures folder. It’s getting saved in temp. How can I fix?...
  3. videos display as a green screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    videos display as a green screen: Just in the last month, video player on certain videos provides audio but I am only seeing a green screen. I have exhausted what I know to try to fix the problem....
  4. Xbox DVR on Windows 10 video quality issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox DVR on Windows 10 video quality issues: I'm having video quality issues when I'm recording games using the Xbox DVR. I've attached a snapshot of my recording below.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-dvr-on-windows-10-video-quality-issues/4d0805e2-3627-4dd7-aeaa-5d305d7e481c
  5. Green screen for videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen for videos: I'm not sure how long ago I updated my computer, but I want to say about a month maybe less than that I tried to watch a video on Youtube and I could only see a green screen and hearwhatwas being said in the video. So I did some research and found out you could disable...
  6. Xbox Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game DVR: I recording a game clip last night and I exited the game without pressing stop recording and the Xbox app said there was an error. It had previously done that for another clip of mine, but it saved, the other clip did not. I went looking around the DVR files and I found the...
  7. Xbox DVR on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox DVR on Windows 10: Lately I've been having a problem with Xbox DVR for Windows 10. About 30 seconds into recording, starting from the bottom it will get blurry and fuzy and it will work it self up the screen. I've went through all the quality setting and that doesn't help. Any suggestions that...
  8. Game DVR - XBOX - Error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game DVR - XBOX - Error?: My gaming DVR is no longer working. Now I can not record more, because, it appears error that could not record that is to try again later What can I do? I have a gameplay channel and I need this....
  9. Green screen videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen videos: I've recently downloaded the new version of Windows, and since then I've been getting this issue where other than chrome because I turned off Hardware acceleration. Every other apps have green screen when I play videos. For example like instagram. i need help a respond will...
  10. Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck: This has been happening on my computer and my brothers, and we can't find anything online about it. We've had our computers for over a year now. So, this happens randomly, but sometimes when I record with the DVR the audio will be captured just fine but the video will seem...