Windows 10: Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect

Discus and support Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm having trouble getting my new Elite Series 2 controller to connect to my Win 10 PC. I went through all my updates. I removed my previous Elite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aculeus-6DA7919B-7CF1-457, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect

I'm having trouble getting my new Elite Series 2 controller to connect to my Win 10 PC. I went through all my updates. I removed my previous Elite Controller that was paired up via the wireless dongle just in case there is some naming conflict. I can connect my phone to my PC. I can connect my controller to my phone. I just can't connect the controller to my PC. After a reboot, Win 10 finds the device, but when I click on it to connect, it just says "Connecting" forever. The controller eventually gives up. If I try to pair it again, Win 10 doesn't even see the device and give me the option to connect. The Xbox Elite was listed under Bluetooth in my Device Manager. I uninstalled it, but that didn't fix it. I've gone through all the trouble shooting recommendations on the site.

Any ideas?

:)

Aculeus-6DA7919B-7CF1-457, Nov 5, 2019

2. Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 5, 2019
  3. TripQue Win User
    Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Brad,

AFAIK, the Xbox One Elite controller does not, at present, support Bluetooth connectivity. Only the Xbox One-S generation controllers currently support this feature.

The Elite controller can be used wirelessly on a Windows PC, but it requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter.

I've been wanting to purchase an Elite controller, but have been holding off to see if the hardware is updated with the Bluetooth support the new S-controllers have.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jason

TripQue, Nov 5, 2019
  4. TripQue Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect

Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

I don't think it's an issue of "knowing better" or not. He's not wrong. The original Elite Controller was based on the original Xbox One controller. It therefore lacks Bluetooth connectivity, as well as the "regular" headset 3.5mm port- two features
    which later appeared as hardware revisions to the "standard" Xbox One controller. There is a new Elite controller, allegedly coming this year, that will incorporate these features.

Next Gen Xbox Elite Controller Details Surface - Thurrott.com

So, there is a solution. You just have to buy the new one that actually has the feature you're looking for! I've held off on buying an Elite controller specifically because I wanted the Bluetooth functionality.

Hope this helps.

TripQue, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect

1. Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect - Similar Threads - Xbox Elite Bluetooth

2. xbox elite 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox elite 2: i just bought the xbox elite 2 controller and i cant get it to connect to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-elite-2/b14df0e9-808a-43aa-a98b-3916767689c9
  3. xbox elite 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox elite 2: i just bought the xbox elite 2 controller and i cant get it to connect to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-elite-2/b14df0e9-808a-43aa-a98b-3916767689c9
  4. xbox elite 2 not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox elite 2 not connecting: i have been trying to connect my xbox elite 2 controller for a few days but when trying to connect it does not appear in available devices i have updated everything i can think of from windows to bluetooth drivers to controller drivers....
  5. xbox elite 2 not connecting

xbox elite 2 not connecting: i have been trying to connect my xbox elite 2 controller for a few days but when trying to connect it does not appear in available devices i have updated everything i can think of from windows to bluetooth drivers to controller drivers....
  6. xbox elite s2 not connecting via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox elite s2 not connecting via bluetooth: my xbox controller wont connect at all i tried to remove it but it failed i tried many steps from the internet like removing the drivers and removing it on airplane mode...
  7. xbox elite s2 not connecting via bluetooth

xbox elite s2 not connecting via bluetooth: my xbox controller wont connect at all i tried to remove it but it failed i tried many steps from the internet like removing the drivers and removing it on airplane mode...
  8. xbox elite series 2 bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox elite series 2 bluetooth problem: Has anybody had this issue before? I built a pc and have been using my regular xbox one controller with Bluetooth and haven't had any issues, recently i bought an elite series 2 and right out of the box the bluetooth wasnt working it would pair but than disconnect on its on...
  9. Elite 2 controller Bluetooth connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elite 2 controller Bluetooth connection: How do you establish a bluetooth connection to a pc - controller us not showing up as a hidden device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elite-2-controller-bluetooth-connection/3a866355-3cd9-42f8-a48d-e8e0b2382bb3
  10. xbox elite controller 2 bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox elite controller 2 bluetooth problem: Controller will fail to connect with PC via Bluetooth after connecting it with micro-USB. I have to delete the Controller from Bluetooth and Other Devices and re-add for it to connect....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox elite 2 connect trough bluetooth