Windows 10: Xbox Elite Controller 2 - not connecting after paired

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller 2 - not connecting after paired in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, my expectation is that when turning the Xbox Elite Controller 2 on it will automatically connect to the PC over Bluetooth (if already paired),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by edi tempura, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Xbox Elite Controller 2 - not connecting after paired

Hi,

my expectation is that when turning the Xbox Elite Controller 2 on it will automatically connect to the PC over Bluetooth (if already paired), however, it doesn't work for me. Light on the controller is flashing steadily but it never connects.

Controller works fine over USB. It's displayed as "Paired" in Bluetooth & other devices.

Controller's firmware has been updated over USB using Xbox Accessories application.

What have I tried already:

1. Ensuring my Bluetooth adapter is working fine by connecting wireless headphones - it's OK. I also moved the adapter to the front of the chassie.
    2. Restarting PC, controller, Bluetooth services (and changing them to automatic), turning Bluetooth off & on before and during controller sync.
    3. Uninstalling Bluetooth drivers, updating them via Windows, downloading new drivers from my MOBO (AsRock Z390 Pro4) manufacturer.
    4. Removing the controller from Bluetooth devices and trying to pair it again - controller is visible either as "Input" or as "Xbox Elite Wireless Controller" however it takes a lot of tries to connect it as the device is not responding (controller light is flashing rapidly as it should in sync mode).

After successful pairing I observed the controller sometimes stays connected and works fine over Bluetooth and sometimes it just switches back to the "turn on mode" (light flashing steadily), which brings me to the beginning of this problem - controller is paired but does not connect to PC.

I've read a lot of topics where people have a problem with connecting their controllers to the PC in the first place, however this is not my problem and solutions presented in these topics proved ineffective in resolving my situation.

Thank you for your help.

:)

edi tempura, Dec 8, 2019

2. Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 8, 2019
  3. BGD1968 Win User
    Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi,

I've got a new Alienware desktop running Win 10 Home x64. Bluetooth appears to be working, but I'm not getting the Xbox One Elite Controller in the list of available devices when I attempt the pairing. The light on the controller flashes normally when I
    press the pairing button, but on the PC, I'm only getting four or five generic 'unknown' devices. I've tried a few, but none will connect.

To troubleshoot, I unplugged the power from the Xbox, just to make sure there wasn't a pairing conflict between the game console and Windows. Doesn't help. I've also tried pairing in the new Win 10 interface, as well as through NCPA.cpl.

When I get home, I'm going to try pairing the controller with another computer, but I'm also interested in any suggestions this community can provide.

Regards,

Brad

BGD1968, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Aculeus_ Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 - not connecting after paired

Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect

I'm having trouble getting my new Elite Series 2 controller to connect to my Win 10 PC. I went through all my updates. I removed my previous Elite Controller that was paired up via the wireless dongle just in case there is some naming conflict. I can
    connect my phone to my PC. I can connect my controller to my phone. I just can't connect the controller to my PC. After a reboot, Win 10 finds the device, but when I click on it to connect, it just says "Connecting" forever. The controller eventually
    gives up. If I try to pair it again, Win 10 doesn't even see the device and give me the option to connect. The Xbox Elite was listed under Bluetooth in my Device Manager. I uninstalled it, but that didn't fix it. I've gone through all the trouble shooting
    recommendations on the site.

Any ideas?

Aculeus_, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Xbox Elite Controller 2 - not connecting after paired

1. Xbox Elite Controller 2 - not connecting after paired - Similar Threads - Xbox Elite Controller

2. Xbox elite controller 2 can't connect with a cable PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox elite controller 2 can't connect with a cable PC: I have a Xbox Elite Controller 2 and when i connect my controller on my pc with the cable the battery of the controller charging the mini light under the xbox light flashing or stand normal and i can't connect to my pc the controller can't find him and the pc same in settings...
  3. Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller: Bought an Xbox Elite 2 controller last week, connected it to my PC via bluetooth and started gaming. Realized I wanted to move the X and A buttons on the paddles so I plugged it in to my computer and was prompted for an update. Sure. I updated the controller, re-assigned my...
  4. Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Elite 2 controller showing as Xbox Wireles Controller: Bought an Xbox Elite 2 controller last week, connected it to my PC via bluetooth and started gaming. Realized I wanted to move the X and A buttons on the paddles so I plugged it in to my computer and was prompted for an update. Sure. I updated the controller, re-assigned my...
  5. xbox elite 2 not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox elite 2 not connecting: i have been trying to connect my xbox elite 2 controller for a few days but when trying to connect it does not appear in available devices i have updated everything i can think of from windows to bluetooth drivers to controller drivers....
  6. xbox elite 2 not connecting

xbox elite 2 not connecting: i have been trying to connect my xbox elite 2 controller for a few days but when trying to connect it does not appear in available devices i have updated everything i can think of from windows to bluetooth drivers to controller drivers....
  7. Xbox Elite Controller 2 not connecting to PC after paired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite Controller 2 not connecting to PC after paired: It works with the USB cable but does not connect wireless. I can see it is paired but never goes to connected. Windows 11, all drivers are up to date...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller 2 not connecting to PC after paired

Xbox Elite Controller 2 not connecting to PC after paired: It works with the USB cable but does not connect wireless. I can see it is paired but never goes to connected. Windows 11, all drivers are up to date...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller losing connection pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller losing connection pc: Hello , I using windows 10 os system and xbox elite series 2 controller. When i pair with bluetooth 2 device Elite controller and stereo headphones controller losing connection each 10 or 20 seconds but if headphones doesnt support stereo it works normally. I tested it...
  10. PC Xbox Elite 2 Controller

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Xbox Elite 2 Controller: So I have the Xbox Elite 2 Controller everything was fine until the "Emergency Update" that Microsoft sent out but now I have No BT conectivity w/ my Elite 2 any help would be awesome ... TIA...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elite controller 2 not connecting to pc after paired

2. elite 2 controller paired wont connect

3. xbox elite series 2 pairee but not connected

4. elite controller 2 not connecting to pc