Windows 10: Xbox elite series 1 controller wont work via usb please help

Discus and support Xbox elite series 1 controller wont work via usb please help in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I connect the controller it vibrates for a second and then does nothing further. When I go to settings>devices> other devices it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KosmonautCat, May 18, 2022.

1. Xbox elite series 1 controller wont work via usb please help

When I connect the controller it vibrates for a second and then does nothing further. When I go to settings>devices> other devices it shows "controller" but with a generic icon and doesn't recognize it as an xbox controller nor can I use it for anything. I have tried updating windows and had no luck

:)

KosmonautCat, May 18, 2022

2. Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 18, 2022
  3. Xbox Elite controller Series 2 on windows 10

The links given were not helpful as they didn't help me. Also the links were for a different controller than the one I am using. I am using the xbox elite series 2 controller.

ColinCourtney1, May 18, 2022
  4. Xbox elite series 1 controller wont work via usb please help

Xbox One Elite Controller wired connection problems

Could be your controller is damaged. WIreless controllers are the way to go. Even my old Xbox 360 controller still works after god knows how long.

HARDCORE GAMES™, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Xbox elite series 1 controller wont work via usb please help

1. Xbox elite series 1 controller wont work via usb please help - Similar Threads - Xbox elite series

2. Windows 11 will not recognize Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not recognize Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth: I have not been able to connect my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller via Bluetooth since upgrading to Windows 11. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Bluetooth and Microsoft controller drivers, updating firmware on the controller, and reformatting the controller with an Xbox....
  3. Windows 11 will not recognize Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not recognize Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth: I have not been able to connect my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller via Bluetooth since upgrading to Windows 11. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Bluetooth and Microsoft controller drivers, updating firmware on the controller, and reformatting the controller with an Xbox....
  4. XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly: My new controller worked perfectly with my Windows 10 PC for about 4 days. There were no issues. Then on day 5, it just completely stopped working wirelessly. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find, but I can't get it to stay connected for more than 5...
  5. XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly: My new controller worked perfectly with my Windows 10 PC for about 4 days. There were no issues. Then on day 5, it just completely stopped working wirelessly. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find, but I can't get it to stay connected for more than 5...
  6. XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly

7. XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly

8. XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Xbox elite series 1 controller wont work via usb please help

Xbox elite series 1 controller wont work via usb please help: When I connect the controller it vibrates for a second and then does nothing further. When I go to settings>devices> other devices it shows "controller" but with a generic icon and doesn't recognize it as an xbox controller nor can I use it for anything. I have tried updating...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller Bluetooth Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller Bluetooth Issues: I recently purchased an Xbox elite series 2 controller to use on my windows 10 pc via Bluetooth, when I first connected it, it worked for about 2 minutes then caused my game to stutter then the controller disconnected, I have had the controller connected again with great...