Windows 10: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 not showing up as a bluetooth device on PC

Discus and support Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 not showing up as a bluetooth device on PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Elite V2 Controller came in today and it works great in every way except that I can't use it without the usb-c cable because when I follow the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SMlFF, Nov 4, 2019.

1. SMlFF Win User

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 not showing up as a bluetooth device on PC

My Elite V2 Controller came in today and it works great in every way except that I can't use it without the usb-c cable because when I follow the pairing steps the controller still doesn't show up under bluetooth devices. My computer is definitely bluetooth compatible as other devices do show up. I have tried multiple solutions including updating drivers for just about everything(controller, windows, bluetooth), restarting the pc, waiting for the controller to fully charge, and everything listed on the pairing instructions on the website and manual. I contacted a Microsoft agent and gave them remote access to my pc but they didn't do anything I hadn't already done.

I realize the controller was just released so I didn't expect to find an answer immediately and it isn't a major concern as it works fine with the cable, but there were no troubleshooting solutions by Microsoft so I'm looking for more personal support. Any ideas on how this could be fixed?

:)

SMlFF, Nov 4, 2019

2. Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 4, 2019
  3. TripQue Win User
    Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Brad,

AFAIK, the Xbox One Elite controller does not, at present, support Bluetooth connectivity. Only the Xbox One-S generation controllers currently support this feature.

The Elite controller can be used wirelessly on a Windows PC, but it requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter.

I've been wanting to purchase an Elite controller, but have been holding off to see if the hardware is updated with the Bluetooth support the new S-controllers have.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jason

TripQue, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 not showing up as a bluetooth device on PC

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 not showing up as a bluetooth device on PC - Similar Threads - Xbox Elite Wireless

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2: Bluetooth headset attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2: Bluetooth headset attached: I have a pair of headphones that connect to my PC through a USB Bluetooth adapter, and I've been using them together with the Elite controller using its own official Wireless adapter for about a year without any issues. Yesterday I noticed that my game would sometimes start...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2: Bluetooth headset attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2: Bluetooth headset attached: I have a pair of headphones that connect to my PC through a USB Bluetooth adapter, and I've been using them together with the Elite controller using its own official Wireless adapter for about a year without any issues. Yesterday I noticed that my game would sometimes start...
  4. XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly: My new controller worked perfectly with my Windows 10 PC for about 4 days. There were no issues. Then on day 5, it just completely stopped working wirelessly. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find, but I can't get it to stay connected for more than 5...
  5. XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly: My new controller worked perfectly with my Windows 10 PC for about 4 days. There were no issues. Then on day 5, it just completely stopped working wirelessly. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find, but I can't get it to stay connected for more than 5...
  6. XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. XBox Elite Series 2 Controller stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Xbox Elite series 2 controller wont show up when scanning for bluetooth devices

Xbox Elite series 2 controller wont show up when scanning for bluetooth devices: Hey, On the lastest update for windows 10 I am unable to connect the Elite series 2 controller to my PC using bluetooth. It works via the provided USB cable provided. I did appear as a hidden device in the device manager and I tried uninstalling it from there and attempting...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller disconnecting from PC Bluetooth

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller disconnecting from PC Bluetooth: My controller is connected through Bluetooth and it will just randomly disconnect. Has anyone had this issue? I searched and only found a thread about connection issues with the controller adapter....
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller Bluetooth Issues

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller Bluetooth Issues: I recently purchased an Xbox elite series 2 controller to use on my windows 10 pc via Bluetooth, when I first connected it, it worked for about 2 minutes then caused my game to stutter then the controller disconnected, I have had the controller connected again with great...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox elite controller series 2 not connecting bluetooth

2. connect elite series 2 to pc

3. fix connections to bluetooth xbox elite controller series 2 to phone

4. connect xbox elite 2 to windows 10 hard wired,
  5. bluetooth elite series 2 to pc,
  6. xbox elite series 2 controller bluetooth,
  7. xbox elite 2 connect bluetooth,
  8. xbox elite v2 reset bluetooth,
  9. connecter elite v2 bluetooth pc,
  10. drivers xbox one elite series 2 controller windows 10,
  11. hard reset xbox elite 2 controller,