Windows 10: Xbox Game App games won't open

Discus and support Xbox Game App games won't open in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; so i was gonna play some MSFS but for some reason it wont launch on the xbox app and i tried to open it through the search bar and everytime it opens... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PROdigy_1119, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Xbox Game App games won't open

so i was gonna play some MSFS but for some reason it wont launch on the xbox app and i tried to open it through the search bar and everytime it opens it leads me to the microsoft store and makes me install gaming services but i have installed it and i already uninstalled it and reinstalled it and this issue also pops up on all games

:)

PROdigy_1119, Dec 17, 2020
  2. PAT
    Pat Win User

Windows 10 Xbox DVR app thinks Chrome is a game

When setting up the XBox game app, and the XBox DVR game bar, I must have checked the box that Chrome is a game app.

How do I undo that?

Every time I open Chrome, the game bar pops up.

I don't want to select "don't show this again", because then it'll disable it for real game apps. I just want to remove Chrome from the list.

Thoughts?

3. Ariel Acu Win User
    remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Xbox Game App games won't open

Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

To further troubleshoot your concern, w suggest that you run the Windows App Troubleshooter from this link. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, follow the steps below to reset the Windows Store cache and update Xbox App.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter. 
    • Close the Command prompt, and then launch Windows Store. 
    • Update the Xbox App in the Windows Store.  
    • If there is no option for you to update it, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please make sure that the record option for Game DVR on the Xbox App is enabled. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox App.
    • On the left pane, click the gear icon to view Settings.
    • Select Game DVR.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.
    • Check if your Keyboard shortcuts are accurate to the one that you are using.
    • Click Save if you made any changes.

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Game App games won't open

1. Xbox Game App games won't open - Similar Threads - Xbox Game App

2. Why won't Xbox app game launch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Xbox app game launch?: I installed Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app and when I try to open it it gives me the little minimized window with the name of the game and then it closes after a couple of seconds. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and I made sure everything on my PC is up to...
  3. Why won't Xbox app game launch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't Xbox app game launch?: I installed Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app and when I try to open it it gives me the little minimized window with the name of the game and then it closes after a couple of seconds. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and I made sure everything on my PC is up to...
  4. Xbox Game Pass won't download games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Pass won't download games: For some reason my xbox app won't download anything and give me the error 0x00000000000001. I tried resetting the xbox app by using powershell but it just won't do it, it gives me this error: Get-AppxPackage : Access is denied. Access is denied. At line:1 char:1 +...
  5. Xbox Game Pass won't download games

Xbox Game Pass won't download games: For some reason my xbox app won't download anything and give me the error 0x00000000000001. I tried resetting the xbox app by using powershell but it just won't do it, it gives me this error: Get-AppxPackage : Access is denied. Access is denied. At line:1 char:1 +...
  6. Unable to open game through Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open game through Xbox app: I downloaded the Halo: Master Chief Collection through the Xbox app, but when I tried opening it, it would just open Microsoft Game Services on the Microsoft store. After looking up a solution online, I went into app settings and reset the application, which should just...
  7. Xbox App Opening Wrong Game

Xbox App Opening Wrong Game: I downloaded the Xbox App to play with my friends on PC. However when I try to open up an invite from a friend who is playing Sea of Thieves, it opens up Forza Horizon 4 instead. It asked me before about which program the invite should open up, but now i can't fix it. I can't...
  8. Xbox Game Bar won't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar won't open: My Xbox Game Bar won't open whatever I do.. I've tried reinstalling it, re-storing it, repairing it, talking with support guys, going into regedit etc. but nothing works.. Edit: I've also tried changing the shortcuts and re-enabling it through the settings submitted by...
  9. Xbox Game bar won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game bar won't open: The Xbox Game bar does not open, I need to solve this problem to be able to record my game or make a screenshot please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-wont-open/b5301164-5744-46b6-a9bf-35b12a9cb7de
  10. Xbox Game Bar won't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar won't open: [ATTACH] When I press Win + G i get what seems to be game bar but looks a bit different than what I've seen online. Not quite sure what's going on but I'm trying to install a game bar widget. Anyone ever seen this before?...