Windows 10: Xbox Game App PC (Error Code 0x80070005)

Discus and support Xbox Game App PC (Error Code 0x80070005) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to change my drive on windows from the C: to D: so I can download games, but it keeps saying "we couldn't set your default save location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kerkuls, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Xbox Game App PC (Error Code 0x80070005)

I'm trying to change my drive on windows from the C: to D: so I can download games, but it keeps saying "we couldn't set your default save location windows 10. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it."

I decide what I thought was obvious "search up the error code" and according to Google/Microsoft, it's a security permission issue. Therefore I figured it'd be an easyish fix, but no, I've been wasting hours trying to fix this issue, and I haven't been able to fix it. Does anyone have a fix I can try? I'm not expecting much, heck, maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't know.

Question: What methods have I tried?

Answer: I've tried watching videos on youtube that play around with the command prompt being run in administrator. I've tried reading other's posts in the Microsoft/Reddit forums for different fixes/methods; none have worked for me. Those methods included putting your computer into safe mode and deleting the windows folder. Another method was finding a folder called "packages" left-click it and select "Properties" click on the "security" tab find the "advanced" button and click that, and then change the permission settings. The thing is... all of my options have "Full Control."

That's just three examples though if you need any more feel free to ask me in the comments. All I want to do though is download my games on my D: drive, that's it. I apologize too if any of this comes off angry. I'm just incredibly frustrated after wasting hours of my time for no reason. Thanks for taking the time to read this as well if you did too it's much appreciated.

submitted by /u/Kerkuls
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kerkuls, Oct 15, 2020

2. Error code 0x80070005

Hello Sandra,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • What exactly are you trying to perform prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that Error 0x80070005 is a Windows Update error.

If you are facing this issue while installing the Windows Updates, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Support article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error 0x80070005 in Windows Update when you try to install updates

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2020
  3. missgiri Win User
    Error code: 0x80070005 - 0xA001A

Trying to download windows 10 to a media device (USB) for installation on another PC and keep getting this error. Am wondering if I should be following the steps suggested for error code: 0x80070005-0xA0019 ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

missgiri, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Xbox Game App PC (Error Code 0x80070005)

Mel Tar, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Game App PC (Error Code 0x80070005)

1. Xbox Game App PC (Error Code 0x80070005) - Similar Threads - Xbox Game App

2. Xbox App installation error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App installation error 0x80070005: When I try to download the Xbox app for Windows 10 via the Microsoft Store or Xbox website download link, I recieve the error code 0x80070005 in both, I don't have any problem downloading any other apps from the Microsoft Store, this error only applies to the Xbox App. I...
  3. Xbox App installation error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App installation error 0x80070005: When I try to download the Xbox app for Windows 10 via the Microsoft Store or Xbox website download link, I recieve the error code 0x80070005 in both, I don't have any problem downloading any other apps from the Microsoft Store, this error only applies to the Xbox App. I...
  4. Can't download games from Xbox app, code 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download games from Xbox app, code 0x80070005: Funny enough downloading from the MS Store works. Anyone know any solution? It isnt really that disruptive since I can still download games from the store, but I would like it to be fixed anyway.This happens at 90% mark or at the 100% mark. I recently put my device into...
  5. Error Code: 0x80070005 When trying to install games on Xbox App Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code: 0x80070005 When trying to install games on Xbox App Win10: Recently built a PC and after getting everything set up and ready to go, I was originally unable to download the xbox app from the microsoft store, receiving the same error as above.. After trying some of the troubleshooting tips I had found online, I was finally able to fix...
  6. Xbox PC App / Windows Storage Permission problems Error Code: 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox PC App / Windows Storage Permission problems Error Code: 0x80070005: Hello, I'm trying to switch my c: drive which is my SSD to my d: drive which is my HDD for the Xbox pc game app so I can download my games on the d drive. Here's what happens in detail, I click on the "windows start" button, then click on the "settings" button, then click...
  7. Error code 0x80070005 on Gaming Services and any Xbox app game downloads

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code 0x80070005 on Gaming Services and any Xbox app game downloads: To preface this, I have a pretty fresh installation of Windows. In general I just play games on Steam and Battle.net. I haven't messed with registry or anything that I imagine would usually cause errors like this. I am getting this error ( 0x80070005) which is Access Denied...
  8. My fix for Xbox Game Pass PC error code 0x80070005 and games not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My fix for Xbox Game Pass PC error code 0x80070005 and games not launching: Hello there, -If you have disabled the option : " Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart" -Set manually your account as admin by running "control userpasswords2" -Tried to uninstall the update...
  9. Downloading games on the PC with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate gives error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading games on the PC with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate gives error code 0x80070005: I'm trying to install new games through the Microsoft store but it provides the error message 0x80070005 whenever I do, the store will update already downloaded apps so I'm not sure what the problem is....
  10. Error code '0x80070005' for Xbox (BETA) Installer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code '0x80070005' for Xbox (BETA) Installer.: Hi! I'm unable to install the Xbox beta for the whole new Xbox game pass deal for PC. Every time I get the error code 0x80070005, upon trying to start the installer. I had previously started installing it just fine, even got to see the progress bar, but I experienced a crash...
Tags: