Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have 2 problems: My microphone is always disabled when I start a recording. Which means I have to click the microphone whenever I start a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Altazaar, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me

So I have 2 problems:

1. My microphone is always disabled when I start a recording. Which means I have to click the microphone whenever I start a recording. This sucks if I'm in the middle of a game and I want to record a moment. I've already given XGB permission to use the microphone and checked the setting that enables the microphone by default (which it doesnt..)
    2. My microphone sounds like utter shit. In Windows I have my microphone (Samson Meteor) set to 50% because it sounds good and there's little noise. But then whenever I record with the game bar, it sounds as if it's at 100% and has automatic gain adjustments. WHY? I've disabled all effects both inside Windows sound settings AND in Steam (I record games).

Here's a small clip of the increasing gain. What is going on?

https://reddit.com/link/du1ni8/video/fa3gyr5y6qx31/player

submitted by /u/Altazaar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Altazaar, Nov 9, 2019

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar Xbox

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me

1. Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Xbox game bar not opening in games or allowing me to record.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not opening in games or allowing me to record.: I have tried multiple times to open the Xbox game bar Windows logo + G and It never opens, only when I'm on the desktop screen it opens and I receive an error message telling me I do not meet hardware requirements to record in-game videos even though I have checked the...
  3. Xbox game bar not opening in games or allowing me to record.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar not opening in games or allowing me to record.: I have tried multiple times to open the Xbox game bar Windows logo + G and It never opens, only when I'm on the desktop screen it opens and I receive an error message telling me I do not meet hardware requirements to record in-game videos even though I have checked the...
  4. Xbox Game Bar for Windows Laptop Acting Strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Game Bar for Windows Laptop Acting Strange: The Xbox game bar for my laptop is acting pretty weird, I think what started it was when my friend and I were playing a game together, and he accidentally hit the Xbox key on his wired controller. which brought up the game bar and I hit some other buttons on my keyboard on...
  5. xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox game bar: I was capturing a video using xbox game bar. My internet became unstable so the capture stopped. it showed an error. How can i recover the footage. I am hoping it is in some temp folder. Please help...
  6. Search bar acting up

in Cortana
    Search bar acting up: My search bar keeps doing this thing where it glitches randomly as though it's been clicked refer to the image below. It's been about a week since it started and none of the troubleshooting steps have done much to help. Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening?...
  7. Game bar acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar acting weird: I am having a lot of trouble in the Xbox Game Bar Captures. So this glitch only happens on Roblox, for some reason, and it puts these giant black borders around the actual recording. Is there any way to fix this? Because it really messes up my videos. Thank you!...
  8. Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar: Is anyone else running into the problem of joining xbox friends through the "join game/invited to game" button? Been playing sea of thieves and every now and then I have to end task on the Game Bar to fix my issue, which is pretty annoying....
  9. Xbox Game Bar taking up 70GB?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Game Bar taking up 70GB?: Hi! I have an internal SSD with 256GB that I use for the OS and all my apps, and a 4TB HDD for everything else. However, just today I saw an alert that the SSD was full so I looked in setting and sure enough:[ATTACH] I don't have any video captures or anything, it just...
  10. Xbox Game bar taking up 18Gb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game bar taking up 18Gb: I just turned my laptop on from sleep to get a low storage error, I miraculously has a few 100 mbs free on C Drive. Checked the installed apps, Xbox Game Bar was taking up around 17gb of space. I reset and repaired it, it ended up taking 18Gb leaving me with 0 mb free on C...