Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have 2 problems: My microphone is always disabled when I start a recording. Which means I have to click the microphone whenever I start a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Altazaar, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:12 PM.

1. Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me

So I have 2 problems:

1. My microphone is always disabled when I start a recording. Which means I have to click the microphone whenever I start a recording. This sucks if I'm in the middle of a game and I want to record a moment. I've already given XGB permission to use the microphone and checked the setting that enables the microphone by default (which it doesnt..)
    2. My microphone sounds like utter shit. In Windows I have my microphone (Samson Meteor) set to 50% because it sounds good and there's little noise. But then whenever I record with the game bar, it sounds as if it's at 100% and has automatic gain adjustments. WHY? I've disabled all effects both inside Windows sound settings AND in Steam (I record games).

Here's a small clip of the increasing gain. What is going on?

https://reddit.com/link/du1ni8/video/fa3gyr5y6qx31/player

submitted by /u/Altazaar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Altazaar, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:12 PM

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

3. Brink Win User
    New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar Xbox

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

4. Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:22 PM
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me

1. Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar: Lo how do I turn off the fps counter? Super buggy on my gaming laptop. Screen stutters black no gudd gg. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar/e0392856-dc6f-42a7-b564-d8d07e2adc10
  3. Broadcasting with the Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broadcasting with the Xbox Game Bar: So I tried streaming to Mixer with the Xbox Game Bar but it has been removed, I've found this really inconvenient since that was my only way of streaming and I want to get back into it. I am aware of other ways to do so but most streaming platforms require mobile phone...
  4. Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10: Hello, I want to change the folder destination where my recorded clips go. Does anyone know how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-on-windows-10/e7e35769-e45b-4989-a42d-da60f5f8d6be"
  5. Xbox Game bar Communication

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game bar Communication: [ATTACH] can u give me a solution for this annoying skin for the notification ? it is in edge too thanx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-communication/eb2d1aeb-a6e9-4121-813a-e1f1a4ef7f24
  6. New Game Bar Keeps Me Signed Into My Xbox Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New Game Bar Keeps Me Signed Into My Xbox Account: So since the new Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Social or whatever its called has been stealth installed in the latest Window 10 update, if i happen to open it on my PC (Windows Key + G) it will automatically show as online on my Xbox Friends list. If i then close Game Bar (Windows...
  7. Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10. Since it is a 64-bit laptop with 4 gigabytes of ram it won’t hold a lot, and when I try to record my screen with the Game Bar it displays a message saying “Can’t save your recording. Make sure your captures...
  8. Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.: Alright, I give up! Ever since 1803, a Windows App store app "Xbox Game bar" requests an update. This was the only "Game Bar" so I assumed it was the Game Bar that allowed me to record games. Great. It just didn't update (it always got a "Something unexpected happened" prompt...
  9. Xbox game bar not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox game bar not opening: I removed a few apps to speed up my computer, and found out that without Xbox game bar it has problems. I did try also reinstalling Xbox after removing it, but did not help. I searched the Windows store and used Google search, but could not find the game bar app standalone....
  10. Xbox game bar keeps updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar keeps updating: Has anyone had this? On one pc the Xbox game bar keeps getting listed as an update in the store app, I always have automatically update apps turned off, preferring to check and install updates manually. Last few days I often open store app and see a ‘1’ in the top corner and...