Windows 10: Xbox game bar barely works.

Discus and support Xbox game bar barely works. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I love the idea of the xbox game bar, but I don't think the program works properly at all.One or more of these 3 things happen every time I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bobbeloos, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Bobbeloos Win User

Xbox game bar barely works.

Hello,I love the idea of the xbox game bar, but I don't think the program works properly at all.One or more of these 3 things happen every time I try to use it:1. It complains about desktop recording not being available when a game is open.2. Settings change, disappear entirely or become unchangeable.3. It literally won't open at all.In any case I'm required to reset the entire program through 'apps and features' whenever I want to use it. Every time I want to use it, I have to fiddle around for 5-10 minutes because some settings are non-existent or only exist in very specific cases and they d

:)

Bobbeloos, Mar 31, 2023
  2. LuizScruz Win User

Dear Bobbeloos,I'm sorry the suggestions didn't work;

In that case I recommend you to try steps 4 and 5 provided in the link below:

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-xbox-game-bar-n...

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to provide accurate and secure information. Watch out for ads on websites that may advertise products that are often classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on websites before deciding to download and install it.

Hope it works, see you soon!

LuizScruz, Apr 1, 2023
  3. Hao99 Win User
    Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10.

It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, (windows G), the menu says that the microphone is not working because of privacy settings.

When I go to the privacy settings for microphone, I gave permission to use the microphone for all the listed apps. But xbox game bar is not one of the listed apps. I also tried "reset" on the xbox game bar which did not help.

How can I give permission to the xbox game bar to access the microphone?

Microphone itself is working. I can use it on Cortana.

Thanks

HW

Hao99, Apr 1, 2023
  4. LuizScruz Win User

Hello Bobbeloos, welcome to the Microsoft community, I'll be happy to help you today;

I understand that you are having issues with recording on the Xbox Game Bar;

Initially I recommend you to try the solutions provided in the link below:

https://www.minitool.com/news/windows-11-xbox-g...

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to provide accurate and secure information. Watch out for ads on websites that may advertise products that are often classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on websites before deciding to download and install it.

Hope it works, see you soon!

LuizScruz, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar barely works. - Similar Threads - Xbox game bar

2. Xbox game bar barely works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar barely works.: Hello,I love the idea of the xbox game bar, but I don't think the program works properly at all.One or more of these 3 things happen every time I try to use it:1. It complains about desktop recording not being available when a game is open.2. Settings change, disappear...
  3. Xbox Game Bar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar not working: I am trying to record through Xbox Game Bar on Windows, but the record, capture or a lot of other actions just don't work and are grayed out on the buttons. I suppose because I have tried doing a lot of technical optimizations on Windows, so I might have disabled a service it...
  4. Xbox game bar not working

Xbox game bar not working: I want to screenshot something but it wont let me do it, I just notice that my Xbox game bar isn't working. when i turn on Xbox game bar, it turned off again and again.. i already did the method to repair & reset the Xbox game bar but it didn't work. I need help!! thank u....
  5. Xbox Game Bar Not Working

Xbox Game Bar Not Working: My xbox game bar will not work, I have tried multiple different things including changing code in the actual application and nothing has worked at all. Do I need to upgrade to windows 11 or is there a fix?...
  6. Xbox Game Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar Not Working: My xbox game bar will not work, I have tried multiple different things including changing code in the actual application and nothing has worked at all. Do I need to upgrade to windows 11 or is there a fix?...
  7. Xbox Game Bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar not working: [ATTACH] All of a sudden my Game Bar stopped working. I haven't changed any setting. It won't open with the Win + G shortcut and it doesn't record with the Win + Alt + G one, if I open it from the Start menu it shows like in the picture, all the buttons are greyed out...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Not Working

Xbox Game Bar Not Working: So I've been needing to take a lot of screenshots now that I started playing Phasmophobia and I expected to do it with Xbox Game Bar by pressing (Windows Key + G) but nothing happened so I tried to open it manually (which I hope I don't have to do because I need quick...
  9. Xbox game bar not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox game bar not working: Xbox game bar not working, windows version 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-working/9fa29408-bf54-44f9-8391-fe50230f3cc5
  10. Xbox Game Bar not working!

Xbox Game Bar not working!: I enable 'record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using Game bar' but when I refresh the settings it disables itself again. I've tried reinstalling the game bar and still nothing changed. What else can I try? submitted by /u/Dylan_T_ [link] [comments]...