Windows 10: Xbox game bar Capture not working

Discus and support Xbox game bar Capture not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I use the shortcut to save a clip or start a recording it never starts. I've checked the See my captures thing and it isn't there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by localuser ‎, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Xbox game bar Capture not working

Whenever I use the shortcut to save a clip or start a recording it never starts. I've checked the See my captures thing and it isn't there.

:)

localuser ‎, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Fatima_J Win User

Xbox game bar gallery not showing captures!

Hi Gamerstear11 ,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community Forum.

I hope you're doing well today.

I truly understand that you are having an issue with Xbox game bar that is not showing any captures , let's work on this together for us to fix the issue.

Kindly follow the steps below that could possibly fix the issue.

Fix 1 : Enable game bar in settings

• Go to Settings
    • Then click Gaming icon to continue.
    • go to the Game Bar panel, make sure the option Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Gaming bar is on.
    You may open the link below and follow the steps from there.

[SOLVED] Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up - Microsoft Community

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Fatima

Microsoft Community

Fatima_J, Mar 12, 2023
  3. Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture

Hello,

I am having an issue with the Xbox Game Bar captures. I try to record 3 min. clips of events that happen in game. When I go in my files to review the video, the video does not play. Looks like a screen capture of the video and only audio plays. I have
    tried this on two different video game titles. In one game it works, but does not work on the other game. Anyone else have this issue or knows how to resolve it? Thank you for your time.

- Ryan

theeRYANator, Mar 12, 2023
  4. Xbox game bar Capture not working

Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

Thanks for the reply!

I am unable to follow those steps. As I mentioned, there is no "Captures" folder. It points directly to the temp folder, and there is no Captures folder for me to edit. When I go into the properties on the temp folder, I have no "location" tab, so nothing can be changed.
    Xbox game bar Capture not working 296367d1599484800t-unable-move-captures-folder-xbox-bar-captures-cap2.png

JakeReindl, Mar 12, 2023
Thema:

Xbox game bar Capture not working

1. Xbox game bar Capture not working - Similar Threads - Xbox game bar

2. Xbox game bar Capture not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar Capture not working: Whenever I use the shortcut to save a clip or start a recording it never starts. I've checked the See my captures thing and it isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-capture-not-working/874c9fea-7367-4939-9c76-7a2f1290e285
  3. Xbox bar capture not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox bar capture not working: So I have been trying using this Xbox capture, but I just can't press it when I open the capture GUI. I even tried pressing windows+G, windows+alt+R. Yet nothing worked, I just want to record my gameplays and piano vids.I'm using windows 11...
  4. Xbox bar capture not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox bar capture not working: So I have been trying using this Xbox capture, but I just can't press it when I open the capture GUI. I even tried pressing windows+G, windows+alt+R. Yet nothing worked, I just want to record my gameplays and piano vids.I'm using windows 11...
  5. Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing

Xbox game bar replay capture mic not capturing: When I hit the replay capture on the Xbox game bar, my mic is not getting picked up. is there a way to pick it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-replay-capture-mic-not-capturing/72c3686e-c41f-4252-be37-6849ab7c4596
  6. Xbox Game Bar's Capture section dosen't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar's Capture section dosen't work: good day to people of microsoft support, anyways when my laptop autoupdated to windows 11 it was bad, then it gradually became fine but i have one major issue with the xbox game bar app, for some reason i cant record any videos or clips even if its activated, it was working...
  7. Xbox Game Bar's Capture section dosen't work

Xbox Game Bar's Capture section dosen't work: good day to people of microsoft support, anyways when my laptop autoupdated to windows 11 it was bad, then it gradually became fine but i have one major issue with the xbox game bar app, for some reason i cant record any videos or clips even if its activated, it was working...
  8. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  9. Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture: Hello, I am having an issue with the Xbox Game Bar captures. I try to record 3 min. clips of events that happen in game. When I go in my files to review the video, the video does not play. Looks like a screen capture of the video and only audio plays. I have tried this...
  10. xbox game bar capturing

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox game bar capturing: This is a pretty niche problem, but whenever i use the capturing feature of game bar using 'win + alt + g' shortcut the file names end up being really long and not very coherent. Is there a way to change what the file names are upon saving because I make a lot of captures...