Windows 10: Xbox game bar consuming a lot of memory

Discus and support Xbox game bar consuming a lot of memory in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes when I open the Xbox game bar or open a game with it active, it initially consumes 80% to 90% of ram, and this is happening often. note: i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael D'Wayne, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Xbox game bar consuming a lot of memory

Sometimes when I open the Xbox game bar or open a game with it active, it initially consumes 80% to 90% of ram, and this is happening often.
    note: i have 16 gbs of ram memory

screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/mx5tnzb.png

:)

Michael D'Wayne, Sep 16, 2019

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Xbox game bar consuming a lot of memory

New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Xbox game bar consuming a lot of memory

1. Xbox game bar consuming a lot of memory - Similar Threads - Xbox game bar

2. xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar: cant record in xbox game bar for some reason, checked settings and turned this onbut it still shows this, any methods to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar/55f80714-aee6-49d0-b2a7-46d8b72161a8
  3. xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox game bar: cant record in xbox game bar for some reason, checked settings and turned this onbut it still shows this, any methods to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar/55f80714-aee6-49d0-b2a7-46d8b72161a8
  4. xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox game bar: I was capturing a video using xbox game bar. My internet became unstable so the capture stopped. it showed an error. How can i recover the footage. I am hoping it is in some temp folder. Please help...
  5. Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory.: Hi, I am frequently using WSL2 and VSCode. However, I have all instances closed now, thought the vmmem.exe process is still running and with Very High power usage. Is there any way to end the process and why is it using so many resources if nothing is active? Thanks...
  6. COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory and Disk Space

COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory and Disk Space: Hello, Whenever I turned on my laptop COM Surrogate start to consume huge number of RAM, Memory and Disk Space - [ATTACH] Then If I click on the COM Surrogate and then click End Task then it behaves normally. [ATTACH] And after some time 3-5 min of ending this task...
  7. Xbox Game Bar memory leak while I have Game bar disabled???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar memory leak while I have Game bar disabled???: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ritinsh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjqonn/xbox_game_bar_memory_leak_while_i_have_game_bar/
  8. Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar: Is anyone else running into the problem of joining xbox friends through the "join game/invited to game" button? Been playing sea of thieves and every now and then I have to end task on the Game Bar to fix my issue, which is pretty annoying....
  9. Xbox Game Bar GameBarFTServer.exe using lots of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar GameBarFTServer.exe using lots of RAM: I noticed today that GameBarFTServer.exe used 18 GB of RAM I have 32 GB. CPU usage indicated it fully utilized one core. I don't know why it was doing it because I didn't even start any game since I booted my PC today. If it matters to anyone it's Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660 Ti,...
  10. Physical Memory Problem WIndows 10 Consume Lot of Ram

Physical Memory Problem WIndows 10 Consume Lot of Ram: I already ask a Question my laptop take lot of memory to operate it always show less than 3 GB of ram and according to my research windows 10 take maximum to maximum 300 MBs to 500 MBs but my windows 10 consume 1 GB ram...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does gamebar consume

2. Xbox game bar taking up ram

3. Why are recordings with game bar eat memory