Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I played PUBG and record it using Xbox Game Bar for almost 2 hours then when I'm finished I pressed Win+Alt+R to stop recording and the I close the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlfaBondi, Apr 25, 2020.

1. AlfaBondi Win User

Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder

So I played PUBG and record it using Xbox Game Bar for almost 2 hours then when I'm finished I pressed Win+Alt+R to stop recording and the I close the game. When I open Captures folder, there is no new recording in there, only the old one.

Windows 10 Home Insider Preview

Let me know if you can fix this problem.

Thanks.

:)

AlfaBondi, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Bill-Earl Win User

Cannot open Xbox Game Bar

I'm having the same problem posted by JamieHunter that was posted earlier.

Cannot open Xbox App game bar

I've been unable to fix it, though I've searched and searched. My problem is that I'd like to use the Xbox game bar to capture screen videos. I've read that it is an excellent tool. But, when I try to use it (Win-G to activate) I get an error that says
    "Can't save your recording. Make sure your capture folder allows files to be saved." Next, if I go to the Gaming Settings and go to Game Bar. I find that the switch to record game clips is off. I can turn it on but if I simply go to the Game DVR setting
    and then return to Game Bar, the switch has returned to Off. In other words, I seem unable to permanently switch the recordings "On". Also, in the Game DVR settings there is a button to "open the folder for saving clips". If I click on that button, nothing
    happens.

Back to Jamie Hunter's post: To my knowledge I've never removed the Captures folder, though I may have done so inadvertently. So I can't replace it. So, I followed the instructions to reinstall Xbox. First I reset Windows Store. Then I uninstalled Xbox
    according to the directions. Then I reset Windows Store again. Then I downloaded and installed the Xbox App. That process seemed to work. I was able to open Xbox and check my profile, check settings, etc. But, the problem persists: I can't seem to switch
    on the Game Bar Recording, nor can I find the Capture folder.

I wonder if something I inadvertently did in the past destroyed some files. Or, perhaps I have some other program that interferes with Xbox recording. I'd sure like to get this fixed!!

Thanks!

Bill-Earl, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

Hi Morbid,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for choosing Windows 10.

Unfortunately, You can’t change the storage location of your screenshots or game clips.
    as suggested in this link

Record game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10

Game clips and screenshots are saved in the File Explorer\Videos\Captures folder

For more info Visit this link.

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

Thank you.

Ravinath P, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder

1. Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Gaming Xbox game bar, captures and game mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Xbox game bar, captures and game mode: Hello I have purchased windows 11 recently and I have having problems. How do you uninstall Xbox game bar, captures and Game mode?In the middle of game when I am pressing lots of keys at same time this gaming app pops out and start doing stupid things which cause me loss lots...
  3. Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder: Hi. I recently lost a USB drive that my Captures folder was residing. This has prompted Windows to change my Capture folder to AppData\Local\Temp. I've attempted to create a new Captures folder in my Videos folder, but it has not changed. Is there a way to forcefully change...
  4. Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder: Hi. I recently lost a USB drive that my Captures folder was residing. This has prompted Windows to change my Capture folder to AppData\Local\Temp. I've attempted to create a new Captures folder in my Videos folder, but it has not changed. Is there a way to forcefully change...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Clips

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Bar Clips: Hey there I am trying to get some clarification. I used multiple posts on here to move my captures to a SSD drive, and it is working fine. I wanted to do a quick test of recording a small clip without the drive plugged in, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I was just...
  6. Xbox game bar trimming clips

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game bar trimming clips: How do I trim the videos I record on Xbox game bar, when I try to shorten in through the actual mp4 it says I don't have permission, so if anyone knows how to directly trim the clips from the game bar itself, please tell me. submitted by /u/Zxnith_ [link] [comments]...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Clip

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar Clip: I didn't know where to post this so I posted it here. I was playing apex and clipped something from gamebar. When I went to check out the clip all it was showing was my in game settings for apex. Is this a problem for other people too and is there a fix? I was using apex in...
  8. Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture: Hello, I am having an issue with the Xbox Game Bar captures. I try to record 3 min. clips of events that happen in game. When I go in my files to review the video, the video does not play. Looks like a screen capture of the video and only audio plays. I have tried this...
  9. xbox game bar capturing

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox game bar capturing: This is a pretty niche problem, but whenever i use the capturing feature of game bar using 'win + alt + g' shortcut the file names end up being really long and not very coherent. Is there a way to change what the file names are upon saving because I make a lot of captures...
  10. Game clips are blank in Capture folder, recorded using Game Bar.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game clips are blank in Capture folder, recorded using Game Bar.: More than a few times, i have recorded over 3 hours worth of game-play, and when i go to check what i got in the capture folder, it's literally empty, but if i record a 4 second clip just to test it out, it's there. Furthermore, game bar will stop working properly if the...