Windows 10: xbox game bar - how do I disable volume control?

Discus and support xbox game bar - how do I disable volume control? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Somehow the Xbox game bar has hijacked the system's volume control. Not a big deal, other than that it is quite big, and after every adjustment of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/balille, Nov 12, 2020.

1. xbox game bar - how do I disable volume control?

Somehow the Xbox game bar has hijacked the system's volume control. Not a big deal, other than that it is quite big, and after every adjustment of the volume, there's the black thing with the title of the audio/video file blocking the video for some time, so I'd like to go back to the less intrusive normal system way.

How do I do that?

submitted by /u/balille
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/balille, Nov 12, 2020
  2. eliasbenb Win User

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

EDIT:

• Edit 1: still no actual answer for a way to fix this. But I just factory reset my PC, the volume mixer works perfectly now. I know this is not the answer you wanted, but it's all we have
    Before I go into details do not suggest:

• Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it
    • Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app
    • Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command
    • Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows
    • Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page

OK, now that we go that out of the way. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks. The issue is that the Xbox Game Bar doesn't display the volume mixer correctly, it only shows the main audio driver's volume mixer and nothing else (no app volume mixer like:
    CS:GO, Microsoft Edge Beta, Spotify etc.).

Photo for reference:

xbox game bar - how do I disable volume control? 60f145ea-e940-4f04-a916-f79e664003a1?upload=true.png

For the Microsoft employees reading this, this is a persistent issue in Windows. I will list other posts on this forum with the same issue to show the scale of the issue. All of these posts have not been solved so far:

eliasbenb, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Xbox Game bar after uninstalling UWP and disabling UAC

The Game DVR feature and specifically the in-game Game Bar that appears in compatible applications, is controlled by the Xbox Universal Windows Platform application, which is one of the default provisioned UWP applications.

Yes

In order to disable the Game DVR you have to disable it within the Xbox application.

Source: How to Disable Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar)

Once you disable the Game DVR functionality it will stay disabled.

In order to turn UAC competely, open regedit, and navigate to following location.

You are going to have to modify the value of EnableLUA to 0. Setting the UAC setting to it's lowest setting, within the Control Panel on Windows 10, does not actually disable UAC.

Ramhound, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

xbox game bar - how do I disable volume control?

New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar Xbox

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

xbox game bar - how do I disable volume control?

1. xbox game bar - how do I disable volume control? - Similar Threads - xbox game bar

2. How to disable XBOX game bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable XBOX game bar?: For starters, no, I can't seem to find a switch that everyone else seems to be instructing me to find. They seem to cease to exist exclusively for me, I've tried reinstalling windows and got no luck, and when I try to forcefully uninstall it, I always get an ms gaming overlay...
  3. How to disable XBOX game bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable XBOX game bar?: For starters, no, I can't seem to find a switch that everyone else seems to be instructing me to find. They seem to cease to exist exclusively for me, I've tried reinstalling windows and got no luck, and when I try to forcefully uninstall it, I always get an ms gaming overlay...
  4. How to disable Xbox game bar tips when loading a game?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Xbox game bar tips when loading a game?: I disabled the show game tips when loading checkbox in the game bar settings, but the tips still shows. This wouldn't be a problem, but the game bar tips are always stuck in a loop when I open Paladins. This only happens to that game so i want to disable the game bar tips....
  5. Xbox game bar resetting it's volume.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox game bar resetting it's volume.: Hello, For months now I have been playing a game that uses Xbox game bar and when I get invites from friends I get my eardrums burst by the notification. At first I just lowered the volume of Xbox game bar in my volume controller panel. I was surprised that the next time I...
  6. How do I fix Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix Xbox Game Bar: For some reason my Xbox game bar is doing a "funny" and not working like it use to I have updated windows I have reset it I have updated the app its self and still it does not want to work plz send help submitted by /u/Embarrassed_Look_757 [link] [comments]...
  7. How to disable the large volume control?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable the large volume control?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MeronDC [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/had5u7/how_to_disable_the_large_volume_control/
  8. Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar: Is there a way to control chat volume on Xbox party at Xbox game bar? Changing volume to "Xbox game bar" at sound mixer doesn´t do anything. Some people have an extremely loud microphone and controlling either the whole party volume or each party member individually would be...
  9. game bar volume control overlay

game bar volume control overlay: I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay won't go away....
  10. Volume control bar

Volume control bar: Greetings how do I disable or turn off this tiny volume bar that showed up out of nowhere ? it always accompanies the main volume control bar [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bypass windows mixer gaming