Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar Mic Issues

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Mic Issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I join an Xbox party with any mic on my PC my friends get an echo. The only way to stop the echo is to mute myself in the party itself. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John_Knez, Aug 15, 2020.

1. John_Knez Win User

Xbox Game Bar Mic Issues

When I join an Xbox party with any mic on my PC my friends get an echo. The only way to stop the echo is to mute myself in the party itself. I've tried uninstalling my mic and re installing it and nothing is working. I've even tried other headsets and the problem is the same. This only happens when I use xbox party, other applications work perfectly fine.

:)

John_Knez, Aug 15, 2020

2. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Xbox Game Bar Mic Issues

Xbox Game bar

hello!

my xbox game bar doesnt detect my microphone, when i press it, it says that my privacy settings prevent it from accessing microphone, but then, when i click on the "show my how to fix this" button it takes me to a list on settings, but, xbox game bar doesnt
    seem to be on this list

AngadBhalla, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar Mic Issues

1. Xbox Game Bar Mic Issues - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Xbox game bar mic issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar mic issue: Hello, the issue I’m dealing with here is that Xbox game bar lowers my mic quality whenever I join a party with my friends. They say that it sounds like I’m either speaking under water or like a robot. The mic or wires are not the issue here, as I have no problem joining and...
  3. Xbox game bar mic issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar mic issue: Hello, the issue I’m dealing with here is that Xbox game bar lowers my mic quality whenever I join a party with my friends. They say that it sounds like I’m either speaking under water or like a robot. The mic or wires are not the issue here, as I have no problem joining and...
  4. Issues with Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Xbox game bar: Hello, I'm on windows 11 home. And I'm Currently trying to use Xbox Game Bar on my desktop. I get the error message "Gaming features are not available for the windows desktop or file exploder". I've done this on windows 10 and it works just fine but not on windows 11. I've...
  5. Mic Monitoring Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Monitoring Xbox Game Bar: I just switched from gaming on my Xbox to gaming on my PC. I use the Xbox Game Bar to Chat with my friends while playing cross platform games. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a mic monitoring feature with the Game Bar app. My friends can hear my game audio coming...
  6. Xbox Game Bar mic change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar mic change: So basically the app doesn’t let me change input device until I manually disconnect my headed microphone in device manager or audio settings. The other input device is clickable yet the app simply ignores the clicks submitted by /u/xbox_was_a_mistake [link] [comments]...
  7. xbox game bar mic functionality

xbox game bar mic functionality: is there a way to have the xbox game bar "record last 30 seconds" function record my mic as well? i have a lot of clips from playing games online with my friends, but you can never hear me in the clips. i tried looking this up and checking the windows help website, but i...
  8. Xbox game bar mic quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar mic quality: Hi, this is in reply to Aditya Roy's post on December 11, 2020 Sorry i didn't make it clear enough! When i type winver in cmd it says: version 2004 OS build 1904.685 and so on. What i mean by worse quality is its quite hard to describe that it has a very BIG differance from...
  9. Issues with Xbox Game Bar

Issues with Xbox Game Bar: I can't receive any form of invites within the Xbox Game Bar, party or game. I also cannot join LFG groups once I have been confirmed for the group. Things I have done: Reinstalled Xbox, Xbox Game Bar, Windows Store Run wsreset I just want to play Sea of Thieves, but...
  10. mic recording issue using Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic recording issue using Xbox Game Bar: I have no problems when recording games but it doesn’t want to record from my microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-recording-issue-using-xbox-game-bar/05888267-d8b4-48f5-919a-4ef3b3e56550