Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar mic not working when on parties

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar mic not working when on parties in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to play a game on a party with my friends on Xbox while on my PC, but I cannot speak even though I have the mic on and my voice is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kid08year, Aug 3, 2020.

1. kid08year Win User

Xbox Game Bar mic not working when on parties

I'm trying to play a game on a party with my friends on Xbox while on my PC, but I cannot speak even though I have the mic on and my voice is set to the headset.

:)

kid08year, Aug 3, 2020

2. Xbox game bar party chat

Xbox game bar party chat in the setting of xbox game bar party chat audio settings are not being saved but the audio to windows it self saved what i set it to but xbox game bar if i change the settings for party chat it does not save any idea on how to
    fix this ? this is doing this on three PCs as well.

DanielDeskins, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Hao99 Win User
    Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10.

It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, (windows G), the menu says that the microphone is not working because of privacy settings.

When I go to the privacy settings for microphone, I gave permission to use the microphone for all the listed apps. But xbox game bar is not one of the listed apps. I also tried "reset" on the xbox game bar which did not help.

How can I give permission to the xbox game bar to access the microphone?

Microphone itself is working. I can use it on Cortana.

Thanks

HW

Hao99, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Xbox Game Bar mic not working when on parties

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar mic not working when on parties

1. Xbox Game Bar mic not working when on parties - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.: Hi, i've been having this issue for a while where when I am in an xbox party, my mic will only work when I have my game bar open and on the screen. It shows an orange error symbol and when I click on the notification in the social tab it directs me to an article on how to let...
  3. Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.: Hi, i've been having this issue for a while where when I am in an xbox party, my mic will only work when I have my game bar open and on the screen. It shows an orange error symbol and when I click on the notification in the social tab it directs me to an article on how to let...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Party Chat not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Party Chat not Working: Ever since doing an update to the game bar it's been popping up with a message saying "Something went wrong with this widget" and my party chats aren't working. Input and output devices are ok as the work in all other apps ingame/discord...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Party Chat not Working

Xbox Game Bar Party Chat not Working: Ever since doing an update to the game bar it's been popping up with a message saying "Something went wrong with this widget" and my party chats aren't working. Input and output devices are ok as the work in all other apps ingame/discord...
  6. Xbox game bar crashes when entering party

Xbox game bar crashes when entering party: I have a Apple 2012 with Windows 10 and everything is up to date, ask if any more info is needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-crashes-when-entering-party/55281db4-3dbb-44d6-97ea-7d34620676ac
  7. Xbox party crashes xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox party crashes xbox game bar: Whenever I attempt to join or create a party I hear the noise indication someone has joined the party then the spot where it has party details says thisMoments later my mouse cursor gets the spinny wheel of doom and the app crashes. Has anybody got any idea how to fix this?...
  8. Xbox Game Bar For Pc Parties Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar For Pc Parties Not Working: I've been using xbox game bar parties for about 3 days, aka since I got my pc up and running and now all of the sudden, today they just stopped working. The issue is that, whenever I get into a party with my friends I get the status of connecting and then after about 5...
  9. xbox game bar party doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox game bar party doesn't work: title sums it up. when i join an Xbox party with game bar i can't hear anybody else in the party. any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/Lakoz1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcnp4i/xbox_game_bar_party_doesnt_work/
  10. Xbox Game Bar Mic isnt working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar Mic isnt working: Xbox game bar microphone stopped working out of the blue. It was literally working an hour ago before this was posted but now the microphone doesn't pick up my voice, even it the rest of my PC picks it up. I've already reset and repair the xbox companion and the gamebar. They...