Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar - Missing Audio Mixer

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar - Missing Audio Mixer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone! First of all, I am want to apologize for my english, it is not my native language. Problem The Xbox Box Game Bar Audio tab has no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asfcwefawergercaer, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Xbox Game Bar - Missing Audio Mixer

Hello everyone!

First of all, I am want to apologize for my english, it is not my native language.

Problem

The Xbox Box Game Bar Audio tab has no more audio mixer, volume sliders for various apps are gone in one day. I spot this 2 days ago, and so it is realy confusing me.

Xbox Game Bar - Missing Audio Mixer ddd2ef25-2246-48b7-98e2-b4baecac766f?upload=true.png

What I tried to do to solve this:

• Scan system for corrupted files:
    1. sfc /scannow in safe mode - it shows some non-fixeble error
    2. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth to fix image
    3. sfc /scannow once again - corrupted files was finaly fixed
    4. no effect

• Windows 10 Troubleshooting:
    1. I tried to troubleshoot with Windows 10 Troubleshooting tab in Parameters
    2. During this process Windows reinstalled Realtek Audio Driver
    3. no effect

• Windows 10 autodownload drivers:
    1. I deleted Audio device
    2. I restarted system, waited until Windows download Audio Driver
    3. no effect

• Deleted all Nvidia drivers and services because it install some audio driver (for HDMI I assume):
    1. So, I deleted all of it
    2. Installed new up-to-date version of driver with clean install
    3. no effect

• Reset Xbox Game Bar app:
    1. In Parameters -> Applications -> Applications and possibilities find the app
    2. In advanced view tried to end app with button there - blue screen, no effect
    3. Reseted app settings with button - no effect
    4. Reseted settings + Fix button - app has been deleted
    5. Reinstalled app from Windows Store
    6. the problem is still there

I saw a couple of similar questions here, but there is no useful answers.

Is there anybody who saw that thing and know how to beat it?

:)

asfcwefawergercaer, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Stefy44 Win User

Xbox Game Bar - Missing Volume mixer in Audio tab

Thank you very much for your response. I have executed your powershell command as per your instructions and then rebooted. I've also resetted Xbox Game Bar from "Apps & features", repeated the same steps twice and still no Volume mixer under Audio tab in Xbox
    Game Bar. Any other idea?

Stefy44, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Stefy44 Win User
    Xbox Game Bar - Missing Volume mixer in Audio tab

Hi. I have a problem with Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 version 1903. In practice, from about a week or so, i cannot see any Volume mixer under any device in the Audio overlay tab, preventing me to set or disable the audio from every background program while
    i'm in a full-screen environment. I tried to uninstall/reinstall both packages (Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay and Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay) of the Xbox Game Bar multiple times, resetted Microsoft Store, cleaned cache files and folders but nothing changed. I
    think that in the latest version of Xbox Game Bar the Volume mixer feature has been broken for good. I can still switch between audio devices but i cannot singularly set audio between background programs like before. Any idea?

Xbox Game Bar - Missing Audio Mixer e94dc131-0c0b-4f8c-9eaf-192749fce150?upload=true.jpg

Xbox Game Bar Version: 3.33.18003.0

Broadcast Plugin Version: 0.0.0.0

KGL Version Loaded: 1885

KGL Service Version : 1885

KGL Last Check: 2019-09-27T13:47:55

OneSettings Last Check: 2019-09-27T13:47:55

In Preview Group: Yes

Stefy44, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Xbox Game Bar - Missing Audio Mixer

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar - Missing Audio Mixer

1. Xbox Game Bar - Missing Audio Mixer - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. xbox game bar MISSING settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar MISSING settings: Aight, I stream some and record game plays.Game Bar settings reverted.Not that big of an issue except I can no longer locate the "record desktop" in the privacy setting. I just saw it a couple days ago.Where is it?Where is my broadcast button?Why give good tools and then take...
  3. xbox game bar MISSING settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox game bar MISSING settings: Aight, I stream some and record game plays.Game Bar settings reverted.Not that big of an issue except I can no longer locate the "record desktop" in the privacy setting. I just saw it a couple days ago.Where is it?Where is my broadcast button?Why give good tools and then take...
  4. xbox game bar audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox game bar audio: hello!I have been using Xbox game bar audio to control the volume for indivisual applications since I built my PC. I love having all my volume options in the same place. everything has worked fine for the past three years I've had this PC but recently I had a windows update...
  5. Xbox Game Bar audio mixer is blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Game Bar audio mixer is blank: Xbox game bar doesn't display sound options to lower/higher volume for..i went to apps and already reset/terminated it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-audio-mixer-is-blank/af566bd3-71a6-4b2b-9263-15b4b0425767
  6. Xbox Game Bar: Game Audio Only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar: Game Audio Only: I usually clip things with xbox game bar and I have it set to game audio only. But whenever I clip things, I can hear my friends over on discord through those clips. Is there any way to fix that?...
  7. Xbox Game Bar - Missing audio mixer bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar - Missing audio mixer bug: Hey, Ive recently been having a problem with xbox game bar, I cannot select anything in the audio mixer. I have researched the issue and have tried multiple suggested fixes such as: - Removing the app with powershell and reinstalling the app from the windows store. - Windows...
  8. Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer: Before I go into details do not suggest: Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page OK,...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Audio Mixer individual app volume sliders disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Audio Mixer individual app volume sliders disappeared: Hi, I'm currently at 18362.388 and used xbox game bar since it got released, and used the Audio tile quite often to adjust volume for individual apps like in default windows audio mixer. But now no apps are listed there. Can you help me resolve the issue? Thanks...
  10. Xbox Game Bar - Missing Volume mixer in Audio tab

Xbox Game Bar - Missing Volume mixer in Audio tab: Hi. I have a problem with Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 version 1903. In practice, from about a week or so, i cannot see any Volume mixer under any device in the Audio overlay tab, preventing me to set or disable the audio from every background program while i'm in a...