Windows 10: Xbox Game bar no longer recognizes WoW Classic- Any fix?

Discus and support Xbox Game bar no longer recognizes WoW Classic- Any fix? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; During a recent update to WoW Classic the Executable was renamed, so the Xbox game bar no longer recognizes it. Is there any fix or solution to this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TherealHendrix, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Xbox Game bar no longer recognizes WoW Classic- Any fix?

During a recent update to WoW Classic the Executable was renamed, so the Xbox game bar no longer recognizes it.

Is there any fix or solution to this? And is it something Microsoft will just have to update? If there is a better sub to post this in just let me know. Thanks!

submitted by /u/TherealHendrix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TherealHendrix, Dec 19, 2019

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar Xbox

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Dec 19, 2019
  4. eliasbenb Win User

Xbox Game bar no longer recognizes WoW Classic- Any fix?

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

EDIT:

• Edit 1: still no actual answer for a way to fix this. But I just factory reset my PC, the volume mixer works perfectly now. I know this is not the answer you wanted, but it's all we have
    Before I go into details do not suggest:

• Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it
    • Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app
    • Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command
    • Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows
    • Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page

OK, now that we go that out of the way. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks. The issue is that the Xbox Game Bar doesn't display the volume mixer correctly, it only shows the main audio driver's volume mixer and nothing else (no app volume mixer like:
    CS:GO, Microsoft Edge Beta, Spotify etc.).

Photo for reference:

Xbox Game bar no longer recognizes WoW Classic- Any fix? 60f145ea-e940-4f04-a916-f79e664003a1?upload=true.png

For the Microsoft employees reading this, this is a persistent issue in Windows. I will list other posts on this forum with the same issue to show the scale of the issue. All of these posts have not been solved so far:

eliasbenb, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Xbox Game bar no longer recognizes WoW Classic- Any fix?

1. Xbox Game bar no longer recognizes WoW Classic- Any fix? - Similar Threads - Xbox Game bar

2. How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?: My microphone works but isn't being picked up on the game bar. It says its detecting my mic in the audio settings but nothing shows up in the party, can't hear people either. Works in other apps such as discord but not it the game bar party. Seeing if anyone has had similar...
  3. How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?: My microphone works but isn't being picked up on the game bar. It says its detecting my mic in the audio settings but nothing shows up in the party, can't hear people either. Works in other apps such as discord but not it the game bar party. Seeing if anyone has had similar...
  4. Xbox Game bar doesn't capture anything on any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar doesn't capture anything on any game: The icons are always gray and don't work. I've checked every setting and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. Why is it doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-doesnt-capture-anything-on-any-game/7d9cdd83-1c49-40b4-996a-287e929c570b
  5. Xbox Game bar doesn't capture anything on any game

Xbox Game bar doesn't capture anything on any game: The icons are always gray and don't work. I've checked every setting and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. Why is it doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-doesnt-capture-anything-on-any-game/7d9cdd83-1c49-40b4-996a-287e929c570b
  6. Is there any way to organize clips in the Xbox Game Bar?

Is there any way to organize clips in the Xbox Game Bar?: I was wondering if I'm able to create sub-folders for each game I play and whenever I clip or record something it's automatically placed in that folder, instead of all the clips from different games being scattered around everywhere and being difficult to find once you have a...
  7. Xbox game bar no longer works in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar no longer works in full screen: So, before i changed to windows 11 my xbox game bar would allow me to for example play valorant on full screen and when i opened it it wouldnt take me out of the game but now it does take me out of the game and i cant record clips bc ''the settings of this game aren't...
  8. Xbox game bar no longer works in full screen

Xbox game bar no longer works in full screen: So, before i changed to windows 11 my xbox game bar would allow me to for example play valorant on full screen and when i opened it it wouldnt take me out of the game but now it does take me out of the game and i cant record clips bc ''the settings of this game aren't...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Registry fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar Registry fix?: I sent my PC in to be fixed.for an issue, and they ended up running a bunch of 'optimization' scripts that broke a whole lot of stuff. Game bar doesn't respond to Win+G and when I try to enable it in the settings the slider just defaults back to 'off'. I've narrowed down to...
  10. Xbox Game Bar Fix Updated

Xbox Game Bar Fix Updated: [IMG] Ok... So everytime I go in A Game/Or use A Browser Like Chrome for Some Reason Xbox Game Bar won't let me Record video It only allows me to capture Photos! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-fix-updated/0e7cff9a-a67c-4f48-8d7c-4b6f795bd060