Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar Not Working

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Not Working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've been needing to take a lot of screenshots now that I started playing Phasmophobia and I expected to do it with Xbox Game Bar by pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cry-o-mancer, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Xbox Game Bar Not Working

So I've been needing to take a lot of screenshots now that I started playing Phasmophobia and I expected to do it with Xbox Game Bar by pressing (Windows Key + G) but nothing happened so I tried to open it manually (which I hope I don't have to do because I need quick screenshot) and then Xbox Game Bar opened but I couldn't record nor take screenshots (the entire capture menu was disabled) and I found a really common solution that a lot of people seem to do, is that to go to the Game Bar Settings in settings and turn on Record game clips ... but whenever I do that it doesn't work and if I go back to check the settings again the option has turned itself back off and I've done that multiple times but Game Bar still doesn't open via shortcut or doesn't let me capture anything. I also went to the Microsoft website to seek help and the website told me to make sure that my Windows was fully upgraded and I went to check for updates and it told me to update some stuff and while I was updating to Windows Version 20H2 right when I finished the 2 hour-long update it told me the update failed and now I'm seeking the last help resort, Reddit. I just wanted to ask if the problem is in not updating my Windows or could it be something else.

submitted by /u/cry-o-mancer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cry-o-mancer, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Hao99 Win User

Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10.

It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, (windows G), the menu says that the microphone is not working because of privacy settings.

When I go to the privacy settings for microphone, I gave permission to use the microphone for all the listed apps. But xbox game bar is not one of the listed apps. I also tried "reset" on the xbox game bar which did not help.

How can I give permission to the xbox game bar to access the microphone?

Microphone itself is working. I can use it on Cortana.

Thanks

HW

Hao99, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Xbox Game Bar Not Working

Xbox Game bar

hello!

my xbox game bar doesnt detect my microphone, when i press it, it says that my privacy settings prevent it from accessing microphone, but then, when i click on the "show my how to fix this" button it takes me to a list on settings, but, xbox game bar doesnt
    seem to be on this list

AngadBhalla, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar Not Working

1. Xbox Game Bar Not Working - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Xbox Game Bar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar not working: I am trying to record through Xbox Game Bar on Windows, but the record, capture or a lot of other actions just don't work and are grayed out on the buttons. I suppose because I have tried doing a lot of technical optimizations on Windows, so I might have disabled a service it...
  3. Xbox Game Bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar not working: I am trying to record through Xbox Game Bar on Windows, but the record, capture or a lot of other actions just don't work and are grayed out on the buttons. I suppose because I have tried doing a lot of technical optimizations on Windows, so I might have disabled a service it...
  4. Xbox game bar not working

Xbox game bar not working: I want to screenshot something but it wont let me do it, I just notice that my Xbox game bar isn't working. when i turn on Xbox game bar, it turned off again and again.. i already did the method to repair & reset the Xbox game bar but it didn't work. I need help!! thank u....
  5. Xbox Game Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Not Working: My xbox game bar will not work, I have tried multiple different things including changing code in the actual application and nothing has worked at all. Do I need to upgrade to windows 11 or is there a fix?...
  6. Xbox Game Bar Not Working

Xbox Game Bar Not Working: My xbox game bar will not work, I have tried multiple different things including changing code in the actual application and nothing has worked at all. Do I need to upgrade to windows 11 or is there a fix?...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Xbox Game Bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar not working: [ATTACH] All of a sudden my Game Bar stopped working. I haven't changed any setting. It won't open with the Win + G shortcut and it doesn't record with the Win + Alt + G one, if I open it from the Start menu it shows like in the picture, all the buttons are greyed out...
  9. Xbox game bar not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox game bar not working: Xbox game bar not working, windows version 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-working/9fa29408-bf54-44f9-8391-fe50230f3cc5
  10. Xbox Game Bar not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar not working!: I enable 'record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using Game bar' but when I refresh the settings it disables itself again. I've tried reinstalling the game bar and still nothing changed. What else can I try? submitted by /u/Dylan_T_ [link] [comments]...